Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sasquatch sighting in Nunavik

Bionic Bigfoot

No, but I can't hold a candle to these guys. I just give up and move on. Then someone wants to chase after me and I just hit the old ignore button on them.

They usually calm down and I then unignore them when they can act civilly. Discussions I'm good with, flaming, personal attacks and stalking I have no tolerance for any more. Yeah, but I'm not as young as I once was, all full of p*** and vinegar.........now I only have vinegar because I can't hold my urine. Don't laugh, it'll happen you one day too.

:blush:

Actually when you read all the posts, the discussion between DC and Neo has been very civil. Its been focused (mostly) on the facts (and lack of) and is devoid of personal attacks. Its a pretty good example of how disagreement, no matter how fervent, can be done in a civilized way.

True, you don't stalk individuals, you stalk any thread related to the subject! :lol:

the same could be said for anyone participating in this particular discussion.

• Like 1

I won't speak for Neo and some of the other skeptics here in this discussion, but I will say that personally I would LOVE someone to blow the whole Bigfoot controversy out of the water with some good old fashioned evidence that proves something. As of yet, nobody has been able to do so. With each year that goes by the reason seems more and more apparent. Its pretty likely there is no Bigfoot. Its also pretty likely that there will continue to be debates just like this one.

I won't speak for Neo and some of the other skeptics here in this discussion, but I will say that personally I would LOVE someone to blow the whole Bigfoot controversy out of the water with some good old fashioned evidence that proves something. As of yet, nobody has been able to do so. With each year that goes by the reason seems more and more apparent. Its pretty likely there is no Bigfoot. Its also pretty likely that there will continue to be debates just like this one.

Were it not for seeing prints with my own eyes I wouldn't believe it.

the discussion between DC and Neo has been very civil.

DC and I have gone back and forth on this for years, and I never feel any disrespect or nastiness coming from DC, and I would hope that DC would say the same about me.

Heated, sometimes, but always respectful and civil.

• Like 2

Actually when you read all the posts, the discussion between DC and Neo has been very civil. Its been focused (mostly) on the facts (and lack of) and is devoid of personal attacks. Its a pretty good example of how disagreement, no matter how fervent, can be done in a civilized way.

I didn't say they weren't civil.......just bashing hell out of each others facts.....counter facts......extrapolation of facts......theory......and conjecture.

.....and in a most gentleman-like way. :yes:

Seems I'm the only one who gets the stalkers. :w00t:

deleted

Edited by Sakari

Most ANCIENT homo and ape bones are found in caves, quarries, and burial sites. Here's some modern ape remains: wildlife managers examine the body of a monkey.

And this is relavent how? That monkeys and apes die? If (if...) bigfoot is real, then it would be dropping bodies, I totally agree. And I even agree that we should have found said body by now. I'm only saying that bigfoot is not a unreasonable, supernatural creature, other then we've found no bodies or bones. I'm only saying that statistically there is a chance.

You should know that it is impossible to Proove a Negative. Yet you are claiming that is exactly what science says about BF and that it is 100% not real. Using the precenceived Conclusion of "bigfoot is not real" is not evidence or proof, yet you continue to type it. That bigfoot is not real or is not a prooven fact, it is an Opinion. :yes:

Never more than 20,000? And yet we have evidence that they existed... caves or not, they lived 1/2 a million years ago. Yet we can't find anything from bigfoot? Who is still alive? Come on...

Ummm... Yes, so far.

You don't explain them, you make half-assed excuses that only open up more questions.

Let's start with one at random:

If they are half-assed, I truely and humbly beg forgiveness. Yet, I would point out that they do bring up more questions and build on the discussion. And this is a discussion forum, correct? About mysterious things?? Entertainment, no?

How does a giant ape population stay so small that they leave behind absolutely no evidence of their existence (no evidence of culture, tools, language, art, clothing jewelery, bones, corpses, kill sites, etc) and yet still have a viable population?

The same way any individual human or group of humans would. But covering up their tool usage, working at hiding their dead, operating at night, live in sparely populated and traveled regions, ect... Basically... Intellegence :yes: . It does not take much intellegence to evade humans in the woods. The exception, IMHO, being stealth hunters and, of course, the trail camera.

Of course if someone did bring a story of a stealth hunter seeing a bigfoot, what would the response be? Why didn't you take a picture? Why didn't you shoot it? :whistle:

Trail cams are a harder phenomena to figure out, since there is no interpretation by the brain on what the camera takes a picture of. So, you'd think we'd see more trail cam pics of bigfoot, if bigfoot was real. :innocent:

No, but I can't hold a candle to these guys. I just give up and move on. Then someone wants to chase after me and I just hit the old ignore button on them.

Ah... we're old Fencing Buddies, right Neo??? I certainly don't take offense. It is all part of the Game, of posting... Entertaining oneself, on internet forums. Basically it is a mental workout and Neo is a super fine opponent. :nw:

I usually let him win eventually. Hoping that I've made a few good thrusts and parries. :tu:

Edited by DieChecker

Seems I'm the only one who gets the stalkers. :w00t:

Shut up YOU!!!

LOL!

Actually, I've had some Forum members (Now Banned) who tried to stalk me into real life. That is really scary. Total fanatics, I don't want to deal with.

I don't think hypertrichosis fits this very well.

First, it would not explain the size at all. the condition in no way makes people grow to 8-12 feet tall. Also if they were just humans, they would exibit the characteristics of humans. Mostly, the children would be very curious and would be seen checking out humans much more often than is reported. The cold would lead them to take shelter where they would be discovered more often. I don't think hiding would be instictive to them. Tool and shelter making would be more important. You would also get some "bad eggs" who think "screw this, I'm going to town".

See, this is where I think you are wrong. The height I cannot comment on, but many of the sasquatch sightings I have read up on, the height was usually estimated between 6 and 8 feet, and like other posters said, it is hard to judge height.

As for the "go to town/hiding" comment. Well, (out here), there are native tales of conflict with these "hairy mountain people". If there was indeed violence and conflict between them in days long since past, it would make sense that the Sasquatches developed a good fear of us "normal" humans - a fear that would be taught and passed on from an early age generation after generation.

The cold would lead them to take shelter where they would be discovered more often.

Well, (again out here), unless you are talking about a ski resort area or one of the few common trails people snowshoe, winter in the mtns out here tends to keep most people down in the cities, etc. High avalanche risk, and dense, steep, mountainous terrain. Unless you are experienced in it, it's hard to move through. And another advantage - again out here - is that winters in the coastal mountains don't get uber cold. Minus 10-20 is the usual lows even at fairly high elevations, but down near sea-level we have winters where snow is rarely seen. Shelter and keeping warm is not hard out here, when one knows what they are doing.

~

As for the ecological impact of these creatures/food sources... (again, pertaining to the west coast), food is very abundant all months of the year (yes, there is less in the winter, but it's still here if you know where to look). As for the ecological impacts, well, I doubt you would notice the affect of a dozen or two of these Sasquatches amongst the impacts of literally hundreds of black bears and other predators/large game animals. Their affect would be lost amongst the numbers.

~

They can tell that it was a bear that did the killing and eating, and not a cougar or a pack of wolves. Because of the evidence that is left behind. Why is there none for bigfoot? Come on, you already know why.

And how many people, who are out in the woods, study bones they come across? And how many of them (if they don't do the smart thing and get out of the area of a kill), are actually experienced enough to be able to tell the difference of teeth marks of a bear from a cat, etc. I wonder this. Very few people are experts in this field of study. ;)

Edited by Bavarian Raven
  • Like 1

See, this is where I think you are wrong. The height I cannot comment on, but many of the sasquatch sightings I have read up on, the height was usually estimated between 6 and 8 feet, and like other posters said, it is hard to judge height.

As for the "go to town/hiding" comment. Well, (out here), there are native tales of conflict with these "hairy mountain people". If there was indeed violence and conflict between them in days long since past, it would make sense that the Sasquatches developed a good fear of us "normal" humans - a fear that would be taught and passed on from an early age generation after generation.

Well, (again out here), unless you are talking about a ski resort area or one of the few common trails people snowshoe, winter in the mtns out here tends to keep most people down in the cities, etc. High avalanche risk, and dense, steep, mountainous terrain. Unless you are experienced in it, it's hard to move through. And another advantage - again out here - is that winters in the coastal mountains don't get uber cold. Minus 10-20 is the usual lows even at fairly high elevations, but down near sea-level we have winters where snow is rarely seen. Shelter and keeping warm is not hard out here, when one knows what they are doing.

~

As for the ecological impact of these creatures/food sources... (again, pertaining to the west coast), food is very abundant all months of the year (yes, there is less in the winter, but it's still here if you know where to look). As for the ecological impacts, well, I doubt you would notice the affect of a dozen or two of these Sasquatches amongst the impacts of literally hundreds of black bears and other predators/large game animals. Their affect would be lost amongst the numbers.

Of all of the reports I've seen, I don't recall any reporting 6ft tall. They are all from 7-12 ft tall. Very few children. Can children hide better than adults.

I don't know if you can teach a child not to be curious.

But many sightings are from people who are staying in cabins or from people who were on they're back porch. These hairy people would be freezing. Some would most certainly break the code and use a cabin for rest.

Were it not for seeing prints with my own eyes I wouldn't believe it.

Ok, I didn't realize you'd actually found some prints. My own "openness" to the possibility comes from what two different friends of mine shared with me, my only "encounter" happened back in the very early nineties in Georgia when I was living down there. I was hunting, staked out a place and was sitting all covered in camo, I was using fox pee as a cover scent, then I suddenly got this nasty smell, like nothing I'd ever experienced in the woods, very strong and as I recall made me want to get up and move to get away from it. I didn't, but I looked all around and listened carefully, didn't see or hear a thing. Now having said that, there could be any number of explanations for that pungent odor, none of which was a Bigfoot. A few weeks later is when my Buddy gave up hunting entirely without giving a reason and about a year later he told me his encounter of actually seeing one. I've never found any prints, seen one or anything like that all I ever experienced was a funky smell. .......and no, I wasn't farting in my stand.

Granted, it's proof of nothing however, after the second person told me of his encounter in another state that paralleled the first story, I find I'm more open to the possibility. And I admit freely I'm all over the place when it come to Bigfoot encounter stories and videos.

Edited by keninsc