Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

$100,000 Reward for Proof of an ET Spacecraft

james fox ufo et spacecraft proof reward

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#121    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:32 PM

This is beyond silly.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#122    meteorlima

meteorlima

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:54 PM

Stanton Friedman debunks the debunkers...http://video.aboveto...er.php?vid=7883

#123    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,484 posts

• I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:10 PM

View Postmeteorlima, on 06 March 2013 - 05:54 PM, said:

Stanton Friedman is a joke..... he has been caught lying/misrepresenting cases so many times its not even funny anymore.

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#124    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 29,804 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:14 AM

View Postmeteorlima, on 06 March 2013 - 05:54 PM, said:

Damn I do hate videos as answers, you ETH'ers are bloody lazy your know that? Every write anything anymore?

Did you listen to what he said?

There is difference between skeptics and debunkers.
A skeptic says, "maybe. lets check the facts."
A debunker says,"I know what the answer is. These things can't possibly be real." If the first explanation doesn't work, lets try a 2nd one. If that doesn't work, lets try a 3rd one.
Skepticism we need. Debunking, we do not need.

What have we done other than check facts? You bring some nonsense paper to the table, and either you do not understand it and think it will impress people, or you do undertand it, but do not understand science. People have taken parts out of the paper, as I did back in the Frank Kimbler thread, and did what your silly mate above states we are supposed to do, so what on earth is your problem? Do you want the paper discussed in a rational forum where people can evaluate it's merits and pitfalls or do you want people to put their hands on their faces and go "ohhh sciency stuff! Must be true!" People here actually read and understand the paper go "WTF?". That does not make a debunker, it is being a skeptic as described and recommended by your false idol.

Edited by psyche101, 07 March 2013 - 01:15 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#125    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 16,574 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:43 AM

That $100,000 will grow to about fourty Two Million Dollars in No time ! At the rate that Our UFO`s capture skills are going ! :alien: :no: :gun:

This is a Work in Progress!

#126    meteorlima

meteorlima

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:47 PM

View Postpsyche101, on 04 March 2013 - 05:16 AM, said:

You have found some nice meteorites if they are yours. Some junk too, but I would like to know if you would consider posting this picture - LINK

With the markings on it, I am of the hope that one of us might identify it.

Attached Files

#127    Kludge808

Kludge808

Forum god of all things

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

• Proud Member of the Geriatric Squadron
    Proud Member of the Thinking Class

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:53 PM

View Postpsyche101, on 07 March 2013 - 01:14 AM, said:

Damn I do hate videos as answers, you ETH'ers are bloody lazy your know that? Every write anything anymore?
To do so would imply individual thought and, as we found with the CTists, that is not among their capabilities.  Instead we have a bunch of "Me too!" people who follow blindly what some "expert" has to say without actually doing any fact checking.  But then, facts bring them to reality checks and they don't fit the overall program.  Nope, nope, gotta believe blindly in the woo woo gospel which is why I liken the FTBs to a religious cult.

There is difference between skeptics and debunkers.
A skeptic says, "maybe. lets check the facts."
A debunker says,"I know what the answer is. These things can't possibly be real." If the first explanation doesn't work, lets try a 2nd one. If that doesn't work, lets try a 3rd one.
Skepticism we need. Debunking, we do not need.
Nothing to add, just felt it warranted repeating.

What have we done other than check facts? You bring some nonsense paper to the table, and either you do not understand it and think it will impress people, or you do undertand it, but do not understand science. People have taken parts out of the paper, as I did back in the Frank Kimbler thread, and did what your silly mate above states we are supposed to do, so what on earth is your problem? Do you want the paper discussed in a rational forum where people can evaluate it's merits and pitfalls or do you want people to put their hands on their faces and go "ohhh sciency stuff! Must be true!" People here actually read and understand the paper go "WTF?". That does not make a debunker, it is being a skeptic as described and recommended by your false idol.
Lord High Idol in their eyes.  One of several.  On reflection, they have an entire pantheon of gods & godlets in whom they have utter faith.  I mean, who needs real tangible proof if one of them says something's true?

But, question anything or actually read the docs and point out discrepancies or do anything like that which is in the province of skepticism and we're automatically debunkers in the eyes of the faithful and are subject to drive-by shunnings and horrors to horrible to name.

For some reason, our skepticism is unhealthy while theirs is healthy.  Huh?  How's that again?  Oh, yeah, that's right.  Our skepticism leads to questioning and disproving their "facts" while theirs leads to confirming them.  So, in the end, to be a "healthy" skeptic one has to be a FTB.  How amazing.

BTW, you asked about what Lazar has in his store and I don't think I answered it.  Largely it's science fair & hobbyist goodies including some chemistry for fireworks, some nuke stuff and a few other cool toys.  Some that I'd like can't be shipped to Hawaii (Well, not directly, anyway :whistle: ) which is a bummer.  Anyway, it's at http://www.unitednuclear.com/ in case you'd like to cruise his offerings.

Edit to correct a typo (while probably missing a bunch of others)

Edited by Kludge808, 08 March 2013 - 06:54 PM.

Whirled Infamous Author and all around really strange person
Not a complete idiot.  Some pieces are missing.

One of UM's Happy Mutants

#128    Kludge808

Kludge808

Forum god of all things

• 1,741 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:56 PM

View PostHazzard, on 06 March 2013 - 04:32 PM, said:

This is beyond silly.
We've seen this before, though.  When FTBs and CTists are involved, "silly" is to be expected. :-)

#129    meteorlima

meteorlima

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:35 AM

View Postmeteorlima, on 04 March 2013 - 03:08 AM, said:

Steve Colbern Author of Lab Analysis of metal samples......http://www.linkedin....lbern/20/80/6b7
   Steve Colbern member of technical staff II at YTC America.....http://www.ytca.com/homepage#

#130    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 29,804 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:42 AM

View Postmeteorlima, on 08 March 2013 - 05:47 PM, said:

Hi Meteorlima

Thank you very much. Considering that my posts have been a tad abrasive, it is more than decent of you to offer up these photos.

My first guess would place the wreckage in the vicinity of an AFB, it looks to me like fuselage or wing debris, most likely the latter as I suspect this is a piece of sine wave spar.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#131    Kludge808

Kludge808

Forum god of all things

• 1,741 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:37 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 11 March 2013 - 03:42 AM, said:

My first guess would place the wreckage in the vicinity of an AFB, it looks to me like fuselage or wing debris, most likely the latter as I suspect this is a piece of sine wave spar.
The honeycomb structure which is readily apparent in the 4th picture is common to some high strength aircraft structures.  It's found bonded between two layers of solid aluminum and offers strength without the weight penalty usually associated with it.  This is done with composites* now but the basic concept remains much the same.  I know for sure it was in use in the 50s and may have been earlier than that.

* These are the same composite structures as used in Boeing 757s and 767s which kind of helps explain why there was less aluminum that Certain Parties expected to be found at ... ummm ... certain crash sites.

From the twisting, it's a good bet that it came from a wrecked aircraft.  Whether it crashed & was buried in situ as is done rather often due to transportation issues or crashed elsewhere and was buried out in the big middle of nowhere is immaterial.  It might show up in records from the AF base at Alamogordo or at White Sands if they go back that far.  A FOIA request may prove educational about that.

#132    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 29,804 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:22 AM

View PostKludge808, on 11 March 2013 - 04:37 AM, said:

The honeycomb structure which is readily apparent in the 4th picture is common to some high strength aircraft structures.  It's found bonded between two layers of solid aluminum and offers strength without the weight penalty usually associated with it.  This is done with composites* now but the basic concept remains much the same.  I know for sure it was in use in the 50s and may have been earlier than that.

* These are the same composite structures as used in Boeing 757s and 767s which kind of helps explain why there was less aluminum that Certain Parties expected to be found at ... ummm ... certain crash sites.

From the twisting, it's a good bet that it came from a wrecked aircraft.  Whether it crashed & was buried in situ as is done rather often due to transportation issues or crashed elsewhere and was buried out in the big middle of nowhere is immaterial.  It might show up in records from the AF base at Alamogordo or at White Sands if they go back that far.  A FOIA request may prove educational about that.

My thoughts exactly, not quite as detailed, but looking at wreckage, it looks a lot like the mess they picked up when an XB70 went down after a mid air collision.

#133    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 29,804 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:26 AM

View PostKludge808, on 08 March 2013 - 06:53 PM, said:

To do so would imply individual thought and, as we found with the CTists, that is not among their capabilities.  Instead we have a bunch of "Me too!" people who follow blindly what some "expert" has to say without actually doing any fact checking.  But then, facts bring them to reality checks and they don't fit the overall program.  Nope, nope, gotta believe blindly in the woo woo gospel which is why I liken the FTBs to a religious cult.
[i]
Nothing to add, just felt it warranted repeating.

Lord High Idol in their eyes.  One of several.  On reflection, they have an entire pantheon of gods & godlets in whom they have utter faith.  I mean, who needs real tangible proof if one of them says something's true?

But, question anything or actually read the docs and point out discrepancies or do anything like that which is in the province of skepticism and we're automatically debunkers in the eyes of the faithful and are subject to drive-by shunnings and horrors to horrible to name.

For some reason, our skepticism is unhealthy while theirs is healthy.  Huh?  How's that again?  Oh, yeah, that's right.  Our skepticism leads to questioning and disproving their "facts" while theirs leads to confirming them.  So, in the end, to be a "healthy" skeptic one has to be a FTB.  How amazing.

BTW, you asked about what Lazar has in his store and I don't think I answered it.  Largely it's science fair & hobbyist goodies including some chemistry for fireworks, some nuke stuff and a few other cool toys.  Some that I'd like can't be shipped to Hawaii (Well, not directly, anyway :whistle: ) which is a bummer.  Anyway, it's at http://www.unitednuclear.com/ in case you'd like to cruise his offerings.

Edit to correct a typo (while probably missing a bunch of others)

One does not even have to agree with this crowd to agree with them! They ousted Hynek, but hold him up as some sort sage all the while touting the phrase "swamp gas", and  Einstein is often claimed by the woo crowd to have been a supporter of ESP research. What they always then neglect to mention is he had serious doubts about the ESP research because all the results failed to obey the inverse square law!

Edited by psyche101, 11 March 2013 - 05:27 AM.

#134    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 16,574 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:26 AM

For sure Man made ! Man Damaged !

This is a Work in Progress!

#135    Stephan1339

Stephan1339

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:01 PM

Read the small print. I read the small print on Randi's $1million prize, and it makes it pretty clear that it's impossible to win it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users