Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

California doing stupid stuff again..........

Myles

"Gov. Brown signs bill making California first state to allow transgender students to pick the restrooms they want to use, and the sports teams they want to play on, based on their gender identity."

I just don't understand how you could allow boys (physically) to play on girls sports teams. It isn't fair for the typical girls to have to compete with boys. Although that sounds chauvinistic, it really isn't my intention.

• Like 6

It's an interesting law. I'm looking forward to reading about its implementation and the various challenges that might be put forward against it.

• Like 5

I can see how this will go terribly wrong in so many ways...I can't even begin to list them.

Yep....you titled the thread perfectly. Stupid stuff.

Why not just dig the California debt hole a little deeper and put in a set of restrooms in each school with a big "?" on the door...

Edited by Jeremiah65
  • Like 3

Why not just dig the California debt hole a little deeper and put in a set of restrooms in each school with a big "?" on the door...

You know, I would be able to make (at least) some sense to that.

• Like 1

It's obviously time to do away with gender entirely. From now on the use of masculine or feminine nouns will make you guilty of being prejudice, and vulnerable the penalties that entails. Unless someone demands to be identified as a given gender, in which case failure to do so will result in you being guilty of being prejudice, and vulnerable the penalties that entails.

• Like 4

Wrestling matches could very quickly turn into very, very interesting viewing!

• Like 8

Wrestling matches could very quickly turn into very, very interesting viewing!

Men! LOL... :)

• Like 5

Men and women differ in countless ways, many of which they aren't even conscious of. Here are just a few of those differences:

1. A woman has greater constitutional vitality, perhaps because of her unique chromosomal pattern. Normally, she outlives a man by three or four years in the U.S. Females simply have a stronger hold on life than males, even in the uterus. More than 140 male babies are conceived for every 100 females; by the time birth occurs, the ratio is 105 to 100, with the rest of the males dying in spontaneous abortions.1
  2. Men have a higher incidence of death from almost every disease except three: benign tumors, disorders related to female reproduction, and breast cancer.2
  3. Men have a higher rate of basal metabolism than women.3
  4. The sexes differ in skeletal structure, women having a shorter head, broader face, less protruding chin, shorter legs, and longer trunk. The first finger of a woman's hand is usually longer than the third; with men the reverse is true. Boys' teeth last longer than do those of girls.4
  5. Women have a larger stomach, kidneys, liver, and appendix, and smaller lungs than men.5
  6. Women have three very important physiological functions totally absent in men--menstruation, pregnancy, and lactation. Each of these mechanisms influences behavior and feelings significantly. Female hormonal patterns are more complex and varied. The glands work differently in the two sexes. For example, a woman's thyroid is larger and more active; it enlarges during menstruation and pregnancy, which makes her more prone to goiter, provides resistance to cold, and is associated with the smooth skin, relatively hairless body, and the thin layer of subcutaneous fat that are important elements in the concept of personal beauty. Women are also more responsive emotionally, laughing and crying more readily.6
  7. Women's blood contains more water (20 percent fewer red cells). Since red cells supply oxygen to the body, she tires more easily and is more prone to faint. Her constitutional viability is therefore strictly a long-range matter. When the working day in British factories, under wartime conditions, was increased from ten to twelve hours, accidents among women increased 150 percent; the rate of accidents among men did not increase significantly.7
  8. Men are 50 percent stronger than women in brute strength.8
  9. Women's hearts beat more rapidly than those of men (80 versus 72 beats per minute). Their blood pressure (ten points lower than men) varies more from minute to minute, but they have much less tendency to high blood pressure--at least until after menopause.9
  10. Female lung capacity is about 30 percent less than in males.10
  11. Women can withstand high temperatures better than men because their metabolism slows down less.11
  12. Men and women differ in every cell of their bodies because they carry a differing chromosomal pattern. The implications of those genetic components range from obvious to extremely subtle. For example, when researchers visited high school and college campuses to study behavior of the sexes, they observed that males and females even transported their books in different ways. The young men tended to carry them at their sides with their arms looped over the top. Women and girls, by contrast, usually cradled their books at their breasts, in much the same way they would a baby.12

There are many reasons boys and girls ahould not be allowed to play on each others sports teams. It is not fair to the rest of the gender.

• Like 3

lol, i know that females usually don't care much about gays in their b-rooms\or dressing rooms, they usually don't even care gays seeing them naked. since they don't look at them as males, and as a guy i don't really care if a lesbian uses mans bathroom.

• Like 3

From Wikipedia

"Transgender is the state of one's gender identity (self-identification as woman, man, neither or both) not matching one's assigned sex (identification by others as male, female or intersex based on physical/genetic sex)."

Please explain to me how exactly someone can proclaim to be neither male NOR female?? I've never seen a box for "Other"????

• Like 2

California doing stupid stuff again..........

Eh. So, what else is new?

• Like 3

There go most of the girls sports records.

Edited by Myles
  • Like 2

From Wikipedia

"Transgender is the state of one's gender identity (self-identification as woman, man, neither or both) not matching one's assigned sex (identification by others as male, female or intersex based on physical/genetic sex)."

Please explain to me how exactly someone can proclaim to be neither male NOR female?? I've never seen a box for "Other"????

Well, when you don't feel right, you don't feel right. I think of myself as neither, but I act more like a stareotypical male and have a bit more of an attachment to that than I do the female, so I go with male for other people's sake.

As for the overall topic: If you are transgender, you should be able to use the restroom that you feel more comfortable in. Besides, segregated restrooms are a relatively new thing anyway.

Really? But your avatar clearly has you as a guy. And I'm guessing you probably check the "male" box when necessary.

I can understand gender "confusion" and I support a person's right to identify with whichever gender they feel is most appropriate. I just didn't know there was a "neither" option.

Oh, and Ratte, I've been wanting to ask you........why are Jade's boobs crooked in your avatar? :blush::P

Ya know, it's kinda funny. I always had this suspicion that men and women were physiologically different...when I was 10 yrs old and found my brothers playboy...I was convinced.

I know this is politically incorrect these days...but our bodies are different because "NATURE" has different roles for us in mind.

Pointless argument to the extremists though.

Oh well...if they want to turn us into a genderless society where children are "created" in a laboratory...so be it...I'm 47 years old and realize I might have fewer years ahead of me than behind me....I worry for my kids though.

• Like 1

Really? But your avatar clearly has you as a guy. And I'm guessing you probably check the "male" box when necessary.

I can understand gender "confusion" and I support a person's right to identify with whichever gender they feel is most appropriate. I just didn't know there was a "neither" option.

Actually, when I am legally obligated to check a box, I check female. Unless "I do not wish to give this information" is available. I have the female parts. I also have a hairy chest and soft, blonde facial hair. I have broad shoulders and dense muscles.

But I am the exception and not the rule, so my opinion is usually irrelevant.

Oh, and Ratte, I've been wanting to ask you........why are Jade's boobs crooked in your avatar? :blush::P

Because I drew the picture two years ago! Heh...

Oh, ok. Thanks for the candid answer. I'm glad to hear from someone who has actual experience dealing with this issue.

And I hope the avatar question didn't offend. It just happened to be the first thing I noticed about it! :w00t:

lol, i know that females usually don't care much about gays in their b-rooms\or dressing rooms, they usually don't even care gays seeing them naked. since they don't look at them as males, and as a guy i don't really care if a lesbian uses mans bathroom.

That's an interesting point, but then there is the gray area between crossdresser and transgendered. Many crossdressers will tell you that they are not homosexual and that they like women. Should they use the women's restroom if they want to? And, more importantly, whose job is it to question and confirm such information?

The devil is in the details.

• Like 3

That's an interesting point, but then there is the gray area between crossdresser and transgendered. Many crossdressers will tell you that they are not homosexual and that they like women. Should they use the women's restroom if they want to? And, more importantly, whose job is it to question and confirm such information?

The devil is in the details.

Being transgender doesn't mean you cannot be homosexual though. I agree that this is impossible to manage. Imagine the outcry if they are required to carry a card confirming that a doctor agrees that they are transgender?

On sports teams and in locker rooms cannot be defended. You must also think of what they will be subjecting other girls to (I won't use boys just because not many would object to a girl in the locker room).

Even though this will end in nothing but bad news, I like this for one reason: Males will dominate all female sports, rewrite all of the records, and the screaming California feminists must finally admit that they wanted Special Treatment for women, not Equality.

• Like 7

Even though this will end in nothing but bad news, I like this for one reason: Males will dominate all female sports, rewrite all of the records, and the screaming California feminists must finally admit that they wanted Special Treatment for women, not Equality.

Brittney Griner would do just fine in the NBA. Manon Rhéaume did just fine in the NHL, though her time there was short.

I think sports should be integrated. I was always tired of playing against people who didn't take them seriously.

personally I dont like anyone being in my changing room with me, I hate those communal changing rooms at my local swimming pool. But as far as the topic or trying to pigeon hole people and say that one set has to go here and another there..I think thats stupid, some girls kick boys asses in sports and vice versa, what diff does it make really whats in your shorts?

Edited by rose quatz

I wouldn't want someone of another gender in the restroom with me. Seems like this is one of those things where it stops being "Whatever do your think just don't involve me." to "there are two of us here and one of us is not comfortable with this, me."