Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

How "Ancient Aliens" have lied to you

• Please log in to reply
201 replies to this topic

#46    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,611 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:54 PM

View PostHazrus, on 08 October 2012 - 04:49 PM, said:

Georgio states that he was in the Kings chamber, the lights went out, he pulled a lighter from his satchel and the room was so oxygen deficient it would not support a flame. Can said oxygen deficient room support life then? Just curious, as his story sounds like bullsh!t.

Not any animal life as we know it, that is for sure. But I think the story is BoolKrappy as, if there is not enough oxygen to support a lighter flame, he would have keeled over...unless he really is a vegetable, which would explain his lack of brain.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#47    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

• "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:00 PM

Our Georgio is all hair and no brain and verbal Detritus.

http://badarchaeolog...ite-television/

Edited by shaddow134, 08 October 2012 - 05:06 PM.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

#48    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 9,101 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:35 PM

View Postkmt_sesh, on 08 October 2012 - 04:20 PM, said:

I can't think of a pyramid in which any sizable amount of sandstone was used. The chief building material all the way to the Late Bronze Age was limestone. Granite was frequently employed as a "decorative" stone.
Here's what I was thinking of:

The Red Pyramid was not always red. It used to be cased with white Tura limestone, but only a few of these now remain at the pyramid's base on the corner. During the Middle Ages much of the white Tura limestone was taken for buildings in Cairo, revealing the reddish sandstone beneath.
Source

Of course, that reference could also be wrong.  If you google it, you'll find many websites that list the sphinx as being sandstone as well.

Very few professional academics even bother to give the fringe their attention, so Heiser does everyone a service.
True, and I have messaged my thanks to him for this in the past - at his blog "Paleobabble."

I plan to go there and thank him for the current website as well, though likely Chris White had more to do with its creation.

On a separate note, whenever the Great Pyramid might pop up in this thread, geysers are not germane to the discussion, period. Nor shall I permit them to become so. As it is, Ancient Aliens Debunked covers so much more, and we should all be exploring as much of it as possible. ;)
Now that you've gone Big Time here, as a moderator, and people are calling you "Mr. Sesh," (which really cracks me up - I'm sure you could tell,) I was hoping you'd use your new superpowers to plug that geyser up! LOL

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Giorgio's dying Ancient Aliens internet forum

#49    Diablo Blanco

Diablo Blanco

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 113 posts

• People will invent all kinds of solutions to what is not explained.

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:39 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 08 October 2012 - 04:54 PM, said:

Not any animal life as we know it, that is for sure., if there is not enough oxygen to support a lighter flame, he would have keeled over.

This is what I suspected, thank you for the reply.

I see my savior every morning, in my mirror. My mind is my Temple.

The reason people use a crucifix against vampires is that vampires are allergic to bullsh!t. ~ Richard Pryor

#50    kmt_sesh

kmt_sesh

Telekinetic

• 7,708 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:48 PM

View PostHazrus, on 08 October 2012 - 04:49 PM, said:

Georgio states that he was in the Kings chamber, the lights went out, he pulled a lighter from his satchel and the room was so oxygen deficient it would not support a flame. Can said oxygen deficient room support life then? Just curious, as his story sounds like bullsh!t.

I know I come across as harsh on this matter, but you can safely regard pretty much everything said by Tsoukalos and von Däniken and the other Ancient Aliens talking heads as unreliable twaddle. Or, as questionmark so artfully put it, BoolKrappy. As questionmark also noted, had the oxygen level been that low when Georgio was playing with his lighter—at the risk of setting his massive hair on fire—he likely would've passed out in the first place.

And think of all the tourists. How many tens of thousands must visit the King's Chamber every year? Aside from heat exhaustion or a panic attack brought on by claustrophobia, there wouldn't be much cause for people to be passing out in there. It's altogether possible oxygen levels were extremely low after the pyramid was sealed 4,500 years ago, but that's hardly the case today. The Grand Gallery alone, when fed with air from the outside, would be enough to oxygenate all of the chambers in the superstructure.

It's also possible, however, that at the time Georgio was standing in the King's Chamber, his massive hair caused so much displacement of oxygen that there was barely enough to fuel his lighter. Or perhaps he forgot to refill it that morning. :rolleyes:

Posted Image
Words of wisdom from Richard Clopton:
For every credibility gap there is a gullibility fill.

Visit My Blog!

#51    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 9,101 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:03 PM

View Postkmt_sesh, on 08 October 2012 - 05:48 PM, said:

I know I come across as harsh on this matter, but you can safely regard pretty much everything said by Tsoukalos and von Däniken and the other Ancient Aliens talking heads as unreliable twaddle. Or, as questionmark so artfully put it, BoolKrappy.

And I'll ask you both to stop bandying about my Ascended Master's name like that.  It shows a real lack of respect for him.

It's already hard enough to get him to allow me to channel him, what with his demands for single malt scotch and what have you.

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Giorgio's dying Ancient Aliens internet forum

#52    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,768 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:47 PM

I think the wtory about Georgio in the GP  proves one thing - thst he has the ability to suck all the air out of  room just be entering it.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#53    The Mule

The Mule

Beast of Burden

• 4,004 posts

• Is there concrete all around, or is it in my head?

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:10 PM

Georgio reminds me of a cross between a young Howie Mandel and Robb Schneider

Posted Image

...never let a little thing like a fact get in the way of a good theory!

...arguably the worlds smartest mule!

#54    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• 1,530 posts

• "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:29 PM

View Postkmt_sesh, on 08 October 2012 - 05:48 PM, said:

It's also possible, however, that at the time Georgio was standing in the King's Chamber, his massive hair caused so much displacement of oxygen that there was barely enough to fuel his lighter. Or perhaps he forgot to refill it that morning. :rolleyes:

Mind you all that Hair Gel he uses to make his hair stand up must be one big fire hazard.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

#55    kmt_sesh

kmt_sesh

Telekinetic

• 7,708 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:08 PM

View PostHarte, on 08 October 2012 - 05:35 PM, said:

Here's what I was thinking of:

Source

Of course, that reference could also be wrong.  If you google it, you'll find many websites that list the sphinx as being sandstone as well.

Well, the Sphinx certainly can't be made out of granite or diorite, of course. It's a known fact that the ancients couldn't carve such hard stone, so they needed alien assistance. Or some super-advanced technology now lost to us. All we "skeptics" do is contribute citations to professional literature written by experts in the field. We don't use our imaginations or keep an "open mind" to advance a "paradigm shift" or, even worse, sit down and demonstrate on video how we skeptic posters could recreate such hard-stone artifacts with our own hands. Blah blah and et cetera.

That's another debate, however. I must be in a mood.

I sometimes see internet sources mentioning the Red Pyramid is made of sandstone because it certainly resembles sandstone, but it's not. It's limestone with a reddish hue. Jimmy Dunn, a frequent writer and contributor for Tour Egypt, states:

"The pyramid gets its common name from the reddish limestone used to build most of its core, but it is also sometimes referred to as the Shining or Northern Pyramid."

Source.

True, and I have messaged my thanks to him for this in the past - at his blog "Paleobabble."

I plan to go there and thank him for the current website as well, though likely Chris White had more to do with its creation.

I wasn't aware of Paleobabble. Yet another fine resource. You're on a roll. For those interested in it, here's the link.

LOL He uses the word "twaddle" I like that word too. Must be an old guy thing.

Now that you've gone Big Time here, as a moderator, and people are calling you "Mr. Sesh," (which really cracks me up - I'm sure you could tell,) I was hoping you'd use your new superpowers to plug that geyser up! LOL

People are calling me Mr. Sesh? That's embarrassing. Sounds like my dad, although he's not really called Mr. Sesh. But rest assured, I aim to keep that geyser under control. Enough said on that.

View PostHarte, on 08 October 2012 - 06:03 PM, said:

And I'll ask you both to stop bandying about my Ascended Master's name like that.  It shows a real lack of respect for him.

It's already hard enough to get him to allow me to channel him, what with his demands for single malt scotch and what have you.

Harte

My deepest apologies. I assure you, no offense was intended to either you or your Ascended Master. I now realize it should have been stated more like this:

Or, as questionmark so artfully put it, BoolKrappy.*

*All rights and veneration reserved to the Ascended Master. All hail the Ascended Master.

Posted Image

Visit My Blog!

#56    cladking

cladking

Non-Corporeal Being

• 7,942 posts

• Tempus fugit.

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:19 PM

How apropos.

Two connotative meanings of "to moderate" or "moderator" are stable and enduring.

Let's try to keep it down now.  This is about aliens and how and whether or not they
are really debunked.

:alien:

Men fear the pyramid, time fears man.

#57    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,627 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:32 PM

AA and people who believe such are putting the cart before the horse IMO. They need to show actual, verifiable evidence that aliens exist first, before claiming they had anything to do with our development. "We don't know, so it must be aliens" isn't a valid argument.

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#58    Quaentum

Quaentum

Psychic Spy

• 1,608 posts

• The number of fringe believers is inversely proportional to what is left to discover in our world.

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:53 PM

Can ancient aliens (the creature not the show) be debunked?  Well since you can't prove a negative and there is no evidence to support ancient aliens visiting the Earth then I would have to say no they can't be debunked.  However, once any kind of actual as opposed to perceived evidence does appear then we can give it a shot.

AA LOGIC
They didn't use thousands of workers - oops forgot about the work camps
There's no evidence for ramps - You found one?...Bummer
Well we know they didn't use ancient tools to cut and shape the stones - Chisel marks?  Craps
I still say aliens built them!

#59    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:51 AM

I must tip my hat to Chris White and Michael Heiser for a masterfully done and beautifully produced debunking of the critical points raised by the Ancient Aliens mocumentaries.  Thanks for sharing the link to this Harte.  Now that it's on YouTube, these points which have been raised time and again in the hallowed halls of this very forum and many others can no longer be ignored by the fringe among us!  :tu:

And on a side note, who the hell appointed that crazy Sesh chap to moderator status?!?!  Egads, the world is going to Hell in a hand basket!  :P

;)   Congrats you crusty old mummy you.  :D

#60    kmt_sesh

kmt_sesh

Telekinetic

• 7,708 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:00 AM

View PostQuaentum, on 08 October 2012 - 11:53 PM, said:

Can ancient aliens (the creature not the show) be debunked?  Well since you can't prove a negative and there is no evidence to support ancient aliens visiting the Earth then I would have to say no they can't be debunked.  However, once any kind of actual as opposed to perceived evidence does appear then we can give it a shot.

You bring up a good point but I would refer you to cormac's preceding post. He nailed the situation in his explanation. No hypothesis about ancient aliens can stand unless there is evidence to present such a hypothesis. That has to happen first before anyone can take the idea seriously. There's simply no reason to try to prove something for which there is no real-world proof, which you mentioned, but if the hypothesis cannot even reach that level of development, it isn't worth one's time.

It will remain the subject of that idiotic television show and the subject of innumerable half-baked books that really contribute nothing tangible to mankind, and that's the extent of it.

My, it seems I am indeed in a mood today. :devil:

View PostbooNyzarC, on 09 October 2012 - 12:51 AM, said:

And on a side note, who the hell appointed that crazy Sesh chap to moderator status?!?!  Egads, the world is going to Hell in a hand basket!  :P

;)   Congrats you crusty old mummy you.  :D

Thanks, boo. Although I must remind the group yet again, that photo is not me! I don't look that good.

And on the subject of my new Moderator status, just so you know, I paid a hell of a lot of money for that!

That's not true. Really. :lol:

Posted Image

Visit My Blog!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users