Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Kurt Cobain

Incesticide

5591847678_28369d1a67_o.jpg

I would like to begin by saying I feel obligated to bring this topic to life, I myself having been born and raised in the small town that Nirvanas front man Kurt Cobain also grew up in. Because of that fact this topic is a constant here which recently was brought back to life amongst conspirators upon the release of the new Soaked in bleach documentary which followed shortly after montage of heck, a documentary that focused more on his upbringing and the music itself. Having seen both films and having corresponded with his close friends and family locally I have drawn my own conclusion on the case, my question to the UM community is what are your thoughts and theories on the death of the american icon Kurt Cobain. Leaving you with that question I will provide you with a few of the key peices of evidence that are often disputed, involving many experts of which say that nothing on the coroners report couldnt have been easly duplicated by a murder. During seattles death investigation they ruled Kurt Cobains death a suicide the same day, waited 30 days to process the shotgun for prints, shortly after releasing it to Courtney love to which she melted down. Some of the questionable aspects of the "suicide" death scene was the shotgun shell being found to the opposite side of the exit chamber, this leaves question to what position the gun was fired in and who actually pulled the trigger, and of course the smoking gun of them all is the lethal ammount of heroin found in his system which most experts argue would have been impossible to shoot up three times the lethal ammount of the most severe addict and manage to roll his sleeves down pick up the shotgun and presumeably pull the trigger. The amount of evidence is unbearable and this is only a small portion of the inconsistencies, a lot of which I am leaving out revolves around the suicide note and courtney loves actions and behavior the days before the body was found, ending on this note i encourage those of you who haven't yet to delve deeper into your own research and form your own opinion on the matter for there is so much I left out.

• Like 1

I saw soaked in bleach too. The phone conversations between Courtney and the investigator gave even more suspicion of her having something to do with it.

The note found in his wallet- some who knew him well said the note seems to have been pulled from his writings- suggesting it was fake. Then there's that letter Courtney said was under her pillow - but- the investigator said there was no letter under her pillow when he and her friend searched the home- I dunno? -she was in rehab during that time-so who could of placed it?

Wasn't he going to divorce her? what was most strange -was that- the fellow who knew them, and was familar with their home, never took the investigator to the room above the garage-also-I question why the investigator did such a terrible job in searching the property.

Later she demolished the room and sold the house. There's a rumor that her guitarist quit Hole cause she thought courtney did it. I dunno?

• Like 1

I also thought it was strange about the live in nanny Cali whom was living in the house while kurt was laying dead upstairs the entire time. The garage thing really got me as well although courtneys reluctance to having surveilance on the house because "she didnt need it" is what I beleive prevented tom grant from seeing the greenhouse during the day time rather than the initial night search that took place when it wasnt in plain sight. And the divorce was another thing having been in the process of finalization Courtney would have received a very small settlement due to the prenuptial agreement but instead inheriting his estate upon his death worth millions of dollars, all the motive in the world if you ask me.

• Like 1

For some reason- I don't know how or why but- the police say they have all the evidence that proves to them that he did it himself. I don't know - they had a pretty crazy lifestyle- a lot of what she say's/said and does/did -makes her look like she very well could have.

• Like 1

there were a few photos released from the scene a few years ago, there was one of his hand which showed a cut on the inside of his thumb. the police said it would have been from pulling the trigger. id like to know if he could have physically held the gun facing himself and been able to pull the trigger using that thumb. or if the barrel would have been too long. this would be more telling than the argument that he would have been too wasted to do it because of the amount of drugs in his system. he could have built up a tolerance over time.

• Like 2

there were a few photos released from the scene a few years ago, there was one of his hand which showed a cut on the inside of his thumb. the police said it would have been from pulling the trigger. id like to know if he could have physically held the gun facing himself and been able to pull the trigger using that thumb. or if the barrel would have been too long. this would be more telling than the argument that he would have been too wasted to do it because of the amount of drugs in his system. he could have built up a tolerance over time.

They say that Kurt's wrist would have had to bend in an angle that is anatomicaly impossible due to the cadaver spasm which occurs only at death showing the precise moment of the position it was held when it was fired, due to the fact that the shotgun shell was found on the opposite side it should have been on if he had shot himself.
  • Like 1

There are plenty of people from the old Seattle music scene who are aware that Kurt was murdered by two (a father and son) members of a local biker gang that were contracted by Courtney. Originally Courtney had approached El Duce, singer of the rape rock band, the Mentors. El Duce said he wouldn't do it and pointed Courtney in the direction of the two who eventually murdered Kurt. El Duce being a real fun guy and terrible alcoholic couldn't keep his mouth shut and so one evening was thrown under a moving train to help him keep his mouth shut permanently. El Duce gave me the lowdown personally on more than one occasion which is how I am aware as I've never bothered to follow this stuff in the past. As a matter of fact I haven't even read any of the above posts. Maybe I'll go back and read what's above now.

• Like 1

There are plenty of people from the old Seattle music scene who are aware that Kurt was murdered by two (a father and son) members of a local biker gang that were contracted by Courtney. Originally Courtney had approached El Duce, singer of the rape rock band, the Mentors. El Duce said he wouldn't do it and pointed Courtney in the direction of the two who eventually murdered Kurt. El Duce being a real fun guy and terrible alcoholic couldn't keep his mouth shut and so one evening was thrown under a moving train to help him keep his mouth shut permanently. El Duce gave me the lowdown personally on more than one occasion which is how I am aware as I've never bothered to follow this stuff in the past. As a matter of fact I haven't even read any of the above posts. Maybe I'll go back and read what's above now.

Thank you for mentioning the el duece possibility as well, I found all that to be very odd when I heard about that, thats something i wish i would have had more time to go into detail with.

Thank you for mentioning the el duece possibility as well, I found all that to be very odd when I heard about that, thats something i wish i would have had more time to go into detail with.

It's either those two (nameless?) bikers or suicide. I knew El Duce and believe his version.
  • Like 1

It's either those two (nameless?) bikers or suicide. I knew El Duce and believe his version.

I truely believe so as well, some one was up there with him wether they did drugs together or not I believe at one point in time more heroin was administered into kurt than he would have wanted and he was shot with minimal effort required to position the weapon in a self assumed suicide position.

I've always thought the bigger writing at the bottom of that letter, starting with "please keep going Courtney" seems to be different and possibly added on to make a regular letter or journal entry seem more like a suicide note.

• Like 1

All I'm going today is that I find it interesting who the interviewers don't talk to, or who won't talk to these documentary folks. To the best of my knowledge, no one had ever talked to my friend Kim (except police) who was their next door neighbor. I don't think anyone has ever talked to some other friends of mine who knew Kurt, Courtney (they knew Courtney well, not that they liked her, no one did/does) and El Duce.

I just find it interesting. What I always hear rarely jibes with the documentaries or the conspiracies...

I need to watch Soaked. I need to see why so many of my friends dismissed it as "interesting rubbish". Friends who knew all those involved.

Edited by MissMelsWell

I think all the private investigator in this film has is shoddy circumstancal evidence. Which he has gathered in an attempt seems to profit off Cobains death. If he had any real evidence he could take it to the police and have Courtney arrested, there is no statue of limitations on murder.

Edited by woodsbooger
  • Like 1

I have a couple of friends who would love to throw Courtney under a bus... Yet, they don't believe she had any thing to do with it.

There might not be a statute of limitations on murder, but there is double jeopardy. No prosecutor wants to go to trial in a case like this without overwhelming evidence. They may think she is guilty of a crime or of having done something hinky but they won't waste an arrest without solid proof.

I think all the private investigator in this film has is shoddy circumstancal evidence. Which he has gathered in an attempt seems to profit off Cobains death. If he had any real evidence he could take it to the police and have Courtney arrested, there is no statue of limitations on murder.

You fail to realize that even if there was ground breaking evidence suggesting Kurt's death a murder, the Seattle police department would be the last people to admit that they screwed up twenty years ago. Therefore had he been murdered, the death certificate will never change regardless of the truth. Having drawn my own conclusion based on his friends and family's accounts of him in the town he grew up in I am disturbed by the whole thing, I can say with confidence that Kurt Cobain was not suicidal but simply misunderstood and was with out a doubt shot to death in the green house above his Seattle home over looking Puget sound upon having had more heroin administered into him than he would have wanted. Edited by Incesticide

The reality is that he was a junkie, he'd been a depressed mess for his whole life. He had very few friends, and his wife was a junkie too and universally hated,

I still don't know anyone in the Seattle music community who thinks he was murdered. And I know a crap ton of people who knew him as well as anyone did I guess.

• Like 2

One vote for murder and Courtney involved, from someone who was on the In Utero tour.

You fail to realize that even if there was ground breaking evidence suggesting Kurt's death a murder, the Seattle police department would be the last people to admit that they screwed up twenty years ago.

Two things:

First, TWENTY YEARS? Oh, man, I can't believe it's been that long. I clearly remember that day and it sure as hell doesn't seem like twenty years ago.

Second, I can not believe that any law enforcement agency would dismiss ground-breaking evidence to defend the pride of likely long-retired detectives. Sadly there is no ground-breaking evidence, just conjecture and compelling theories at this point. A shame for Kurt. I wish his legacy was purely music, not his ugly death.

• Like 2

Accidental overdose.

What was he doing, huffing lead?
  • Like 1

A "why?" is usually in order.

The why for me is the way that he would seem to be fine, but then he had this mysterious "stomach ailment" that would only seem to kick up whenever Courtney was around. Now, knowing what Courtney is like, you can gather what you want from that. And all the music she put out after his death sounded like he wrote it.

I'll just never believe she didn't have something to do with this.

The why for me is the way that he would seem to be fine, but then he had this mysterious "stomach ailment" that would only seem to kick up whenever Courtney was around. Now, knowing what Courtney is like, you can gather what you want from that. And all the music she put out after his death sounded like he wrote it.

I'll just never believe she didn't have something to do with this.

The stomach ailement was nothing new. It was around LONG before Courtney. A friend of mine had know Kurt since they were 13. It was going on back then too.