Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 1 votes

Australia Has Prostitutes?

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#46    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,215 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 01 June 2012 - 08:08 AM

View PostEldorado, on 31 May 2012 - 11:09 AM, said:

Cheers.  I'm a live and let live kinda guy so I agree in "each to their own".

I wouldn't indulge personally as sex is part of love, imo.  Not really a fan of "casual" relationships... or quickies.  They lack emotion.

I am kinda live and let live, I still think we need strong rules and guidelines, but that is why I think prostitution "works" (for want of a better word) in Queensland. I have no problem with quickies, I think they are very exciting and just one spice of life. But I also think there is a time and a place, and some rules. As long as people realise no means freaking bloody well absolutely NO. It simply has to be completely mutual. Alcohol is not an excuse either. I am out of that market now, but in my younger days.............

I have always felt inside that sex and love are two very different things. If you can combine them, I think that is a major bonus, but I do not feel they are tied together. I can truly love someone and not have a sexual feeling for them at all.

View PostEldorado, on 31 May 2012 - 11:09 AM, said:

btw... would you marry one and be cool with her keeping her job?  (jokin)

LOL, it would not be at all acceptable in the society I was brought up in, but if I was Inuit, I doubt it would bother me one bit. Very smart, and impressive that. Such an isolated community would suffer genetic disorders if the ensuing race stayed "close to home" by having a more open relationship, the Inuit's have managed to achieve greet genetic dispersion and keep the specious strong. It is a tradition that so many frown upon, which makes them stronger than those who frown upon them! I have always wondered what intuition allowed these people to take on their own set or morals within their culture, that would benefit them as a species so much! Did they know that genetics would fail if they interbred? Quite a mystery I always thought, and it impresses me to no end. France interbred for the sake of wealth, and genetically, people suffered greatly. Many defects and abnormalities, but the bank was solid!

If my wife sat me down tonight, and confessed to me that she was a prostitute for X amount of years before I met her, it would not change my love for her, or my view and opinion of her one iota. I'd probably laugh to begin with and go BS!!!!

Interesting questions, I think I even surprised myself with some of these replies! Good call Eldorado!

Cheers.

Edited by psyche101, 01 June 2012 - 08:09 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#47    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,215 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 08:12 AM

View Postunit, on 31 May 2012 - 08:42 PM, said:

10 grand a week? ..does she plan to retire in 6 months? ....i hope so :)

i know a chick who sells herself, makes copious cash.. then shoots it all up her arm.. her apartment is a mess, her cat was almost starving (many times) and pet birds often die in her care.. she stinks too. i've also seen a pen drawn tattoo on her that's been there for what seems like months.

who in their right mind is paying for that?

who in their right mind is employing her?

i like how reverand lovejoy quipped "once the government approves something it's no longer immoral"

something is not right in all this :(

I am sorry to say that I do not think your friend will be with us for too much longer. This is the other side, the bad side, and I do not think this side of the walk starts with prostitution. It just ends up that way.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#48    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,215 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 08:16 AM

View Posthetrodoxly, on 31 May 2012 - 09:29 PM, said:

One things for sure, it's complicated or should i say "complex" :yes: how much do you have to like them?  i like some people straight away, i've even experienced love at first sight.

Indeed, I do not think too many blokes would have troubles snuggling up to Miranda Kerr for only one night of that is all that is on offer. Sometimes you just go with the flow.

My wife was love at first sight. For me at least, I cannot speak for her, but she did not put up much of a fight ;) The old saw each other across a room, and inched closer over the next 30 or so minutes and then, "Why hello!, Would you care for a dance?" Been together ever since. About Twenty years ago that was! Seems like yesterday!

#49    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,866 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 10:00 AM

Unless you are female yourself, and have serviced men or women for money, it's impossible to know how truly mentally healthy these women are or how they feel about themselves, no matter how much money they make, how "happy" they seem, or what their goals are.

Some "handle" it now, but yet suffer later or after they quit.

While I am not for policing consensual adult sex, I still, as a female, have to wonder how liberating and fulfilling and beneficial prostitution is for a women's psyche (religion or conservatism not withstanding) how about pride and dignity and good self-esteem, for starters.

"F*me baby! F*me!"
"What's your name again?"
Has to get old and really suck (no pun intended) to hear as a woman. For more than a few prostitutes (high paid and otherwise), as a woman, I'll bet my --- on it.

I  also wonder how many really make that much money.

Not to mention how many of us know what it's like (psychologically) to have  multiple partners at one time on a regular basis?

Tough subject.

Edited by QuiteContrary, 01 June 2012 - 10:06 AM.

#50    dlonewolf85

dlonewolf85

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 237 posts

• I'm not a bad boy,

But just misunderstood!!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 10:28 AM

View PostEldorado, on 31 May 2012 - 06:27 PM, said:

You can't "snuggle" after sex with a practical stranger.  Least i can't.

Well, some people could just light up a cigarette or something, after the coitus. Snuggling can make things way too complicated. :unsure2:

∂ Ѡοɭ ʄ85

#51    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,866 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 02:39 PM

We are thinking and feeling animals. Our brains are our biggest sex organ. We have preferences as to when and whom we let intimately touch us and when and who we intimately touch, even if our preferences are just purely physical.

I wonder if you can really just “turn that switch off” repeatedly with no eventual psychological repercussions in a thinking, feeling, sober, healthy human being?

It is the clients who get to choose who they get intimate with, the prostitute, basically, doesn’t get to choose. To me, that is not liberating free thinking but restraint and subjection.

#52    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,411 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 01 June 2012 - 06:41 PM

View Postpsyche101, on 01 June 2012 - 08:16 AM, said:

Indeed, I do not think too many blokes would have troubles snuggling up to Miranda Kerr for only one night of that is all that is on offer.

Orlando Bloom might complain though.  :)

#53    Belial

Belial

Devilish chappy.

• 4,417 posts

• dogs bark cats meow i fart go figure?

Posted 02 June 2012 - 07:36 AM

THEY SUPPLY A SERVICE, just hope they get regular MOT check ups, nothing worse than a whore with a flat battery.

Where it states "For official use only" - gently rub a white wax candle over the area indicated.

Kick a habit - i never did like Tolkien...

#54    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,411 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 02 June 2012 - 12:13 PM

Sooo...

There are girls and boys, men and women who are prostitutes through desire, desperation or fear.  I think we can agree on that.

How do you know which one?  Just because a pro has their own flat, a business card and nice clothes doesn't mean they don't have a drug habit, dangerous debts or a pimp who wil cut them up.

You can't know, imo.  Because you don't really know the person.  You're trusting and sharing your biofluids with a 962nd-hand car salesman, so to speak.

*preachy-mad-lookin avatar*

And another thing... a woman who has seen more organs than Liberace and Elton John combined ain't exactly "a prize".

:)

Edited by Eldorado, 02 June 2012 - 12:23 PM.

#55    hetrodoxly

hetrodoxly

Alien Abducter

• 4,955 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 12:07 AM

View PostEldorado, on 02 June 2012 - 12:13 PM, said:

Sooo...

There are girls and boys, men and women who are prostitutes through desire, desperation or fear.  I think we can agree on that.

How do you know which one?  Just because a pro has their own flat, a business card and nice clothes doesn't mean they don't have a drug habit, dangerous debts or a pimp who wil cut them up.

You can't know, imo.  Because you don't really know the person.  You're trusting and sharing your biofluids with a 962nd-hand car salesman, so to speak.

*preachy-mad-lookin avatar*

And another thing... a woman who has seen more organs than Liberace and Elton John combined ain't exactly "a prize".

:)
Your right of course and this is the reason you won't be having sex with a prostitute, others will give you a list of reasons why they have sex with prostitutes, flip the coin on it's head, some women enjoy sex with multiple partners, often more than one at a time with no money involved, i'm sure you won't be jumping into bed with any of them any time soon.

Thank god i'm an athiest.

Veni, vidi, Vertigo, i came i saw i couldn't get down.
Hetrodoxly.

#56    DKO

DKO

Ω is Futile.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,837 posts

• When you hear hoofbeats behind you, don't expect to see a zebra - Unless you're in Africa...

Posted 03 June 2012 - 02:27 AM

The prostitutes that work at these legal brothels don't have pimps i'm pretty sure, except maybe the government that tax them.

Not many people could really say it's a dignified job or a smart career but the fact is every country has prostitution, It's the oldest profession and if they didn't have these legal brothels these girls might be out on the streets doing the same thing except with a lot more danger.

On nearly every episode of Cops there will be a drug addicted street-walker, probably with a pimp waiting for her to bring back the money and give her some drugs. In these legal brothels the girls a thoroughly checked and much safer.

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Confucius Says:

Man who runs behind car gets exhausted.

Man who wants pretty nurse must be patient.

#57    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,866 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 04:00 AM

View Posthetrodoxly, on 03 June 2012 - 12:07 AM, said:

Your right of course and this is the reason you won't be having sex with a prostitute, others will give you a list of reasons why they have sex with prostitutes, flip the coin on it's head, some women enjoy sex with multiple partners, often more than one at a time with no money involved, i'm sure you won't be jumping into bed with any of them any time soon.
I bolded the above, QC

As in women with a sex addiction, who get to choose their partners?

Are prostitutes just women taking monetary advantage of a psychiatric disorder? My guess would be, no.

Why is there treatment options for those who have sex with multiple partners on a frequent basis?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am opposed to trying to describe hookers as happy fulfilled women, to prove prostitution is a "victimless" crime. Sorry,  I just can’t buy it.

Yes, it is here to stay. Yes, I do not think prostitutes should be jailed.

I also, don't buy prostitution as some form of sexual freedom for women. Try it and see what you think?

Sure, some enjoy it, like the women making money off their "girls". The women are just a commodity to service men.

But again, this is all  just my opinion.

Even though female, I could use a female prostitute, but as a woman, for me, that would be so degrading to her and I’d just be using her and she'd have no choices. I violate her. Period. No matter how you sugar coat it.  If she wants paid and a hefty tip she won’t say “no” even if she feels like it. And then another does the same to her after me. I don’t find it pretty or romantic or victimless.

And what about me? How would I feel about doing this to another human being? Sick.

But again, just my opinion. And I can't speak for all prostitutes, and neither can anyone else. How many are out there? How many of that huge number actually enjoy what they are doing? And why do they enjoy it?

I apologize for being so brutal but it is a brutal business. Hollywood hasn't a clue.

We are talking about an industry that began because women had to as a source of income, were forced by men, were considered some thing to service men, etc etc. It hasn’t gotten any lovelier. No matter how “enlightening” Hefner tried to make it.

#58    hetrodoxly

hetrodoxly

Alien Abducter

• 4,955 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 05:35 PM

View PostQuiteContrary, on 03 June 2012 - 04:00 AM, said:

I bolded the above, QC

As in women with a sex addiction, who get to choose their partners?

Are prostitutes just women taking monetary advantage of a psychiatric disorder? My guess would be, no.

Why is there treatment options for those who have sex with multiple partners on a frequent basis?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am opposed to trying to describe hookers as happy fulfilled women, to prove prostitution is a "victimless" crime. Sorry,  I just can’t buy it.

Yes, it is here to stay. Yes, I do not think prostitutes should be jailed.

I also, don't buy prostitution as some form of sexual freedom for women. Try it and see what you think?

Sure, some enjoy it, like the women making money off their "girls". The women are just a commodity to service men.

But again, this is all  just my opinion.

Even though female, I could use a female prostitute, but as a woman, for me, that would be so degrading to her and I’d just be using her and she'd have no choices. I violate her. Period. No matter how you sugar coat it.  If she wants paid and a hefty tip she won’t say “no” even if she feels like it. And then another does the same to her after me. I don’t find it pretty or romantic or victimless.

And what about me? How would I feel about doing this to another human being? Sick.

But again, just my opinion. And I can't speak for all prostitutes, and neither can anyone else. How many are out there? How many of that huge number actually enjoy what they are doing? And why do they enjoy it?

I apologize for being so brutal but it is a brutal business. Hollywood hasn't a clue.

We are talking about an industry that began because women had to as a source of income, were forced by men, were considered some thing to service men, etc etc. It hasn’t gotten any lovelier. No matter how “enlightening” Hefner tried to make it.
To start i'm not arguing a case for or against prostitution, i don't use prostitutes for the fact it would be a waste of money, a lot of my pleasure comes from my partners enjoyment.
It's incredibly complex, the reasons for women becoming a prostitute is as many as you can think of and more, some prostitutes specialize in sex with disabled people and there are  lesbian prostitutes who only have sex with female customers, and there are girls who are rapped and locked in rooms by there pimps.
How many partners makes a woman an addict?
If a woman enjoys multiple partners finds her life fulfilled and happy is she an addict?

Thank god i'm an athiest.

Veni, vidi, Vertigo, i came i saw i couldn't get down.
Hetrodoxly.

#59    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,866 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 08:27 PM

View Posthetrodoxly, on 03 June 2012 - 05:35 PM, said:

To start i'm not arguing a case for or against prostitution, i don't use prostitutes for the fact it would be a waste of money, a lot of my pleasure comes from my partners enjoyment.
It's incredibly complex, the reasons for women becoming a prostitute is as many as you can think of and more, some prostitutes specialize in sex with disabled people and there are  lesbian prostitutes who only have sex with female customers, and there are girls who are rapped and locked in rooms by there pimps.
How many partners makes a woman an addict?
If a woman enjoys multiple partners finds her life fulfilled and happy is she an addict?

Yes, that is a good question. According to professionals it  is hard to tell the difference between an addict or someone with other issues or one who just "wants to have fun". Unless you know them well and are sure you know how it affects their life- like any addiction. Sometimes, only the person or their closest family know.
But I do not disagree with you at all, there are all kinds of women. I just won't paint  "prostitution is a victimless crime" with a broad stroke, is my bottom line I've grappled to explain.
As I said, it is a tough subject.
How many partners make you a sex addict? How many highs make you a drug addict? Same thing. There is not a number, it is much more than that.

#60    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,411 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 03 June 2012 - 08:38 PM

Can we throw this into the mix....

Is a person who "goes through the motions" of sex just to placate their partner prostituting themselves?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users