Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1    schadeaux

schadeaux

Ambiguitous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,887 posts

Posted 24 September 2003 - 09:47 PM

YES!  I recently fininshed reading Douglas Adam's Hitchhikers Guide trilogy (again!) and it is a very enjoyable jaunt.  If you have not read it, please do so.  It is a wonderful tale, and should be included as required reading in any creative writing class.  Such imaginative story-telling I have not experienced since...  well, since then at least.

I understand it was actually a radio and television program on the BBC, and I am planning to get the dvds.  

Anyway, I just happened to be cruising a movie db and noticed that the book is to be a movie in 2005!   So far Steven Moore has been selected for the role of Marvin the Paranoid Android.  For anyone who has read the books or is familiar with the story, who would you like to see in the remaining main roles?

Arthur Dent - Hapless Earthman, holder of The Question to the Answer to Life, The Universe, and Everything

Ford Prefect - Guide Researcher, Galactic Hitchhiker, Arthur's friend

Zaphod Beeblebrox - President of the Galaxy, Ford's cousin (w/2 heads)

Trillian (Tricia McMillan) - Earth Girl, Zaphod's squeeze, astrophysisist

Slaterbartfast - Planet Designer (fjord specialty)

Fenchurch - Arthur's infatuation (book 3)

(if you have read the books, have fun, pick people from the forum! grin2.gif )

"To study and not think is a waste.
To think and not study is dangerous."
Confucius

#2    Kira

Kira

Government Agent

• 4,183 posts

• Sexiest,
    Prettiest,
    Bloodthirstiest,
    Elf Member of the
    Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps.

Thanks TO xx

Posted 24 September 2003 - 10:02 PM

Arthur Dent - Hapless Earthman, holder of The Question to the Answer to Life, The Universe, and Everything   Druss<grin>

Ford Prefect - Guide Researcher, Galactic Hitchhiker, Arthur's friend      PurpleStuart

Zaphod Beeblebrox - President of the Galaxy, Ford's cousin (w/2 heads)                     Homer & Magick

Trillian (Tricia McMillan) - Earth Girl, Zaphod's squeeze, astrophysisist                          KC

Slaterbartfast - Planet Designer (fjord specialty)                                                 SaRuMaN<lol>

Fenchurch - Arthur's infatuation (book 3)        Nancy

I liked the PangalaticGargleblaster????

We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users