Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Pair of Eyeballs found at gas station

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,837 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:47 PM

Gotta luv the weird news haven't you? Except its real of course... I mean there you are, seeing someone throw something in the bin....which ignites your curiosity because its such an unusual thing to see nowadays I admit....so you go over, reach in, pull out ta box with a pair of - possibly Human eyeballs in it.   Looking quite confused I might add....

"Pair of Eyeballs found at gas station after two men caught on surveillance camera leaving medical box in trash can"

A pair of eyeballs in a medical box ended up in a trash can at a gas station, police said today. A worker at a Conoco station in Kansas City, Missouri called police after finding the cardboard box late on Wednesday. The box was labeled, 'Keep refrigerated'. Authorities aren't sure if the eyes are human, or whether any crime has been committed.

http://www.dailymail...ansas-City.html

wonder if the owner has been looking for them? Ah no...cancel that thought  :w00t:

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#2    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 13,882 posts

• I love chocolate

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:49 PM

I'm hoping prank.  Pigs eyes from a butcher or something.

#3    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,837 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:54 PM

View PostOverSword, on 02 April 2013 - 08:49 PM, said:

I'm hoping prank.  Pigs eyes from a butcher or something.

hehehe... the Police having been looking into it quite seriously, while keeping an eye out for similar offences  :w00t:

It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#4    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,734 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:02 PM

aye aye, whats this 'ear then, I nose you don't I.  cough cough.

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#5    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,291 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:08 PM

View Postseeder, on 02 April 2013 - 08:47 PM, said:

Gotta luv the weird news haven't you? Except its real of course... I mean there you are, seeing someone throw something in the bin....which ignites your curiosity because its such an unusual thing to see nowadays I admit....so you go over, reach in, pull out ta box with a pair of - possibly Human eyeballs in it.   Looking quite confused I might add....

Okay so were the eyeballs that were found looking quite confused or was it the person who found them who looked confused?

No great mind has ever existed without a touch of madness. ~ Aristotle

#6    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,837 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:18 PM

View PostLady Kasey, on 02 April 2013 - 09:08 PM, said:

Okay so were the eyeballs that were found looking quite confused or was it the person who found them who looked confused?

It was the eyeballs...

#7    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,583 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:18 PM

Maybe someone saw something that made their eyes pop out of their head.

Edited by Hilander, 02 April 2013 - 09:23 PM.

#8    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,837 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:26 PM

View PostHilander, on 02 April 2013 - 09:18 PM, said:

Maybe someone saw something that made their eyes pop out of their head.

I guess in that case then there can be no looking back.... :w00t:

Anyway, slightly off topic, but...I always buy fish with their heads on, and therefore with their eyes in... doing it that way I know one fish will see me thru the week

#9    Purifier

Purifier

Δ

• 2,153 posts

• Wild Card

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:06 PM

*Major puntime*

An eyeopener, that's for sure.

Seeing is believing.

An eye(s) for an eye(s)?

Hope the victim's name is not Iris.

I hope they're taking a deep look into this.

Somebody extremely religious was offended, so they plucked them out.

Somebody is gonna haft start keeping an eye out for this sort of thing.

Okay...I'm done now.

Study the past, if you would divine the future.
- Confucius

#10    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 39,237 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:15 PM

"The box was labeled, 'Keep refrigerated'.

Authorities aren't sure if the eyes are human, or whether any crime has been committed."

I hope some poor soul isn't lying somewhere with his/her eyes gouged out.

Posted Image

#11    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,837 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:18 PM

View PostStill Waters, on 02 April 2013 - 10:15 PM, said:

"The box was labeled, 'Keep refrigerated'.

Authorities aren't sure if the eyes are human, or whether any crime has been committed."

I hope some poor soul isn't lying somewhere with his/her eyes gouged out.

Maybe unlikely if they were in a medical container.... most likely a cadaver or cornea transplant

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users