Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"Dead" Australian leaves Hospital

libstaK

A man pronounced dead following a car crash by Australian paramedics who then left the scene has been discharged from hospital after making a remarkable recovery, a report said Friday.

Daniel Huf, 30, was trapped upside down in the wreckage of a Porsche in a Melbourne suburb and was declared dead after being treated at the scene on April 1.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8466162

The ultimate in April fools jokes......

On the plus side....

If he plays his cards right, Daniel could start a new religion.

:)

Funny how i'm watching Dawn of the Dead while I'm reading this... :gun:

This just shows how well paramedics are trained.

Friends of mine were in Australia on vacation when they came across an accident. They are experienced first responders here at home so they know what to do. When the ambulance showed up the medics were relying on them to help the victims as they were not trained fully and did not even know where all the gear was in the ambulance. This is no joke. Australia needs to properly train the people who are supposed to help people in need. I am trained continuously being a volunteer firefighter in all aspects, and we train with the ambulance attendants.

Time for Australia to wake up.

Hmmm... This is giving me second thoughts about visiting Australia, though I do know that missing a "feeble pulse" has occurred even here in the US.

Well, glad he's alive.

Don't just assume all Australian Paramedics are under-trained, this was a rare and stupid mistake

• Like 1

Just the other day I read about an Egytian who rose from the dead.

No! I'm serious!

On the plus side....

If he plays his cards right, Daniel could start a new religion.

:)

lol right? Man, is it just me or are there a lot of stories like this lately? I'm thinking a revamp of declaring mortality status is in order. On a much larger scale, how many people do you think were still alive while going through the beginning of an autopsy and embalming?? I think it happens more than one wants to admit.

Remember the article a few weeks back where the Nigerian Grandma had been dead for 12 days and was resurrected? And the Asian woman who'd died and was on display, all her belongings were given away, when much to her neighbors dismay, they returned one morning, to find her not on display but cooking breakfast in the kitchen lol

Edited by ColoradoParanormal

lol right? Man, is it just me or are there a lot of stories like this lately? I'm thinking a revamp of declaring mortality status is in order. On a much larger scale, how many people do you think were still alive while going through the beginning of an autopsy and embalming?? I think it happens more than one wants to admit.

Remember the article a few weeks back where the Nigerian Grandma had been dead for 12 days and was resurrected? And the Asian woman who'd died and was on display, all her belongings were given away, when much to her neighbors dismay, they returned one morning, to find her not on display but cooking breakfast in the kitchen lol

Yeah, the nerve of some people. I mean you spend all that money, make funeral arrangements, divide their stuff and then afterwards, they got the gall to come back without notifying anybody about it beforehand. Now come on, if your just gonna take a little short trip to Disneyland like that and come back later, let somebody know for godsakes! Just sayin' that's all.

Seriously though, that's some spooky stuff, especially somebody coming back after 12 days. *shivers*

#4's comment is absolutely untrue, they have no idea what they are on about. I would rather be assisted by any Australian paramedic then some weekend warrior volunteer who thinks they know everything there is to now about pre-hospital care. Seriously are you that arrogant to think that you a volunteer/part time firefighter would know more than a university degree full time paramedic. I wouldn't let you near me with a bandaid.

I don't see where I commented that I had more knowledge than a trained ambulance attendant. I simply stated that we train with the attendants, so that when the time comes we know where equipment is on the ambulance so we can assist them. I have the highest respect for ambulance attendants and the jobs that they perform, and yes this was a case that is very rare to happen.

Yeah, the nerve of some people. I mean you spend all that money, make funeral arrangements, divide their stuff and then afterwards, they got the gall to come back without notifying anybody about it beforehand. Now come on, if your just gonna take a little short trip to Disneyland like that and come back later, let somebody know for godsakes! Just sayin' that's all.

Seriously though, that's some spooky stuff, especially somebody coming back after 12 days. *shivers*

lol. That was good! :tu: On a serious note, I want to know how many people morticians have accidentally killed due to this phenomenon..

• 3 weeks later...

I have to say that I owe my life to a emergency response paramedic. Believe it or not I "accidentally" swallowed a powerful 100μg/hr Duragesic transdermal patch! One moment I was having Sunday dinner with my wife and kids when I passed out. On the way to the stone floor my face landed in my dinner and my head struck the table hard.(so I was informed afterwards)I then struck my head hard again on the stone floor. I had gone into complete respiratory failure,the paramedic became my lungs for over one and a half hours as I was to critical to move. I was unconscious for 56 hours.

Thank goodness we have these brilliant and selfless servants in our midst.

On April 1st... God said to Daniel - Come to the light my son..walk to the light...............April fool off you go ...and Daniel wakes up agian ....I kid on that to lighten the mood.. Glad to hear he is ok...