Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Iran is Building Flying Saucers.

• Please log in to reply
1713 replies to this topic

#46    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 09:57 PM

View Postlost_shaman, on 13 June 2011 - 09:51 PM, said:

Of course the technique in the Video I showed was the same first used in 2004 that lead to the Discovery of Graphene. Andre Geim and Konstantin Novoselov who discovered Graphene in 2004 using that method won the Nobel Prize last year.
I was aware of the discovery and the Nobel Prize, but not of the method of discovery.  Thanks for that detail.

View Postlost_shaman, on 13 June 2011 - 09:51 PM, said:

You must be thinking of nanotubes which require high temps and energy to produce. On the otherhand sheets of Graphene centimeters wide can be made at room temps in a fairly straight forward process.

http://www.technolog...ng/20558/page1/
Maybe... :unsure2:

I'm really not up on all of this so you are probably right.  I'm learning as I go.  I'll check out the link, thanks again. :tu:

#47    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 3,979 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 11:27 PM

View Postbee, on 12 June 2011 - 07:09 AM, said:

what your link has to do with this topic.....I don't know....nothing as far as I can see
[...]

It has everything to do with Keshe's ventures - his stuff is a Posted Image.

Wanna proof?! Buy one of his fancy generators, order ticket to the moon, and cross your fingers in hope to get your money back after you sue him for fraud.

As for Virgin spacecraft - they do have it, and they made test flights, while M.Keshe miserably failed to show his "lift offs" in 2010.

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown).
Zhoom! What was that? That was your life, Mate! Oh, that was quick. Do I get another? Sorry, Mate. That's your lot. Basil Fawlty (John Cleese).

#48    The Religious Hoax

The Religious Hoax

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 12:25 AM

There is an awful lot of substance in this thread BMK.  You are best suited bringing some substance of your own,  if you want your claims to be taken seriously.  

Unless you have a PhD in nanochemical engineering, you will have to wait to see if Dr. Keshe is legit or not, just like the rest of us :)

Edited by The Religious Hoax, 14 June 2011 - 12:26 AM.

#49    lost_shaman

lost_shaman

Alien Abducter

• 5,304 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 01:56 AM

View PostThe Religious Hoax, on 14 June 2011 - 12:25 AM, said:

Unless you have a PhD in nanochemical engineering, you will have to wait to see if Dr. Keshe is legit or not, just like the rest of us :)

That's not true at all.

If this person had a paper published in a legitimate peer reviewed Journal, then his claims would have already passed mustard with the "refs". If that were the case then a rebuttal would also have to pass mustard with the "refs" for that Journal. Even then a PHD in that specific field wouldn't be an A Priori requirement. That's the BEST case I can think of for your statement and it still fails.

Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

#50    The Religious Hoax

The Religious Hoax

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 02:06 AM

No LS, the point still stands.  Unless someone here on this forum either does the research, or links research disproving this theory, we all wait. This transformation on CO2 to CH4 & O2 seems to have a scientific basis, and the paper he released was nearly 40 pages long worth of theories and lab experiments.  

Unless you are willing to throw on a lab coat to disprove this, or locate similar research that debunks his findings, there really isn't much to say.  So let's not throw out baseless accusations just to be contrarian.  That's all I'm saying.

#51    Habitat

Habitat

Government Agent

• 3,387 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 03:08 AM

View Postlost_shaman, on 14 June 2011 - 01:56 AM, said:

That's not true at all.

If this person had a paper published in a legitimate peer reviewed Journal, then his claims would have already passed mustard with the "refs". If that were the case then a rebuttal would also have to pass mustard with the "refs" for that Journal. Even then a PHD in that specific field wouldn't be an A Priori requirement. That's the BEST case I can think of for your statement and it still fails.
Hot or mild mustard ?  :unsure2: You must have been eating a hot dog while you typed that.  ;) You meant "pass muster", I'm sure. Mooooo....... :P

#52    lost_shaman

lost_shaman

Alien Abducter

• 5,304 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 03:32 AM

View PostThe Religious Hoax, on 14 June 2011 - 02:06 AM, said:

No LS, the point still stands.  Unless someone here on this forum either does the research, or links research disproving this theory, we all wait.

That's NOT how Science works! Claims are not considered true until proven wrong. That is NOT going to change simply because you are personally passionate about some particular claim.

This transformation on CO2 to CH4 & O2 seems to have a scientific basis, and the paper he released was nearly 40 pages long worth of theories and lab experiments.

Please enlighten me. What Scientific basis is there for CO2, CH4, and O2 in forming Graphene on Copper? Also, I watched the whole 43 minute Video and never saw a shred of evidence that Graphene was formed other than a verbal statement that some anonymous University had confirmed it. You must also realise that carbon is everywhere, however Carbon deposits themselves are not considered to be Graphene until you can isolate small sheets of Carbon that are connected and only between 1-3 namometers thick. Keshe DID NOT demonstrate that he had produced Graphene at all! That was the basis for all of his Psudoscience babble.

Unless you are willing to throw on a lab coat to disprove this, or locate similar research that debunks his findings, there really isn't much to say.  So let's not throw out baseless accusations just to be contrarian.  That's all I'm saying.

I'm no contrarian, but a realist. That said I seriously doubt that you've personally preformed these experiments and achieved the same results. Am I wrong?

Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

#53    lost_shaman

lost_shaman

Alien Abducter

• 5,304 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 03:36 AM

View PostHabitat, on 14 June 2011 - 03:08 AM, said:

Hot or mild mustard ?  :unsure2: You must have been eating a hot dog while you typed that.  ;) You meant "pass muster", I'm sure. Mooooo....... :P

No, I mean't what I said; "passed mustard" as in 'past' tense. I know it's confussing but accurate I assure you.

ETA: Oh yeah you're right. LOL! I've NEVER made a mistake before either so don't hold this against me!

Edited by lost_shaman, 14 June 2011 - 03:52 AM.

#54    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 3,979 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 08:33 AM

There is an awful lot of substance in this thread BMK.  You are best suited bringing some substance of your own,  if you want your claims to be taken seriously.  
[...]
I can bring substance to this thread, only after you will try to bring substance into imaginary discussion, say, with me claiming "Fairies are pentapedal creatures, and not bipedal". Deal?

[...]
What my sci. degrees would have to do with all this, huh? And, BTW, where did you found Dr. Keshe?

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown).
Zhoom! What was that? That was your life, Mate! Oh, that was quick. Do I get another? Sorry, Mate. That's your lot. Basil Fawlty (John Cleese).

#55    bee

bee

Forum Divinity

• 10,271 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 10:01 AM

View Postbmk1245, on 13 June 2011 - 11:27 PM, said:

It has everything to do with Keshe's ventures - his stuff is a Posted Image.

put a P at the end of the word in the red box and that could have everything to do with YOU.... :P

Wanna proof?! Buy one of his fancy generators, order ticket to the moon, and cross your fingers in hope to get your money back after you sue him for fraud.

maybe we could just make it ourselves...graphene....and try to apply it in simple and useful ways?

I'm just getting my head around all this...but if all we need is a plastic bottle (or plastic container?)
and copper. We are in business? There is copper wire in old TVs and microwaves. Platic bottles/containers
are everywhere.

Just a thought... :wacko:

As for Virgin spacecraft - they do have it, and they made test flights, while M.Keshe miserably failed to show his "lift offs" in 2010.

well there was Zohal........ :unsure:

Breaking News: Iran built a robotic home made autopilot flying saucer and they named it ZOHAL means ( Saturn) in Persian language

#56    bee

bee

Forum Divinity

• 10,271 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 10:39 AM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 12 June 2011 - 09:11 PM, said:

Hiya again bee.  I think that you may be misinterpreting my intention.

just coming back to this....perhaps I was.....and sorry if I was a little spikey in my
previous replies to your second post on this thread....
anyone presenting evidence here has to brace themselves for the inevitable, and this
can create a 'defensive' response....and we all know what the best form of defence is... ;)

So I watched his videos on youtube, looked over his website(s), read one of his papers, watched a 45 minute long google video (here), and looked into a few more references that I could find (example).

The end result so far...  I'm not quite sure what to make of his claims at this point.  Most of it seems far fetched, but I suppose that would be expected if he truly has made a new discovery of some kind.  The biggest concern I still have is his apparent lack of follow-through and actual demonstration of the technologies.

in that last link.....this blew me away...

http://www.associate...ehran_keshe.htm

Mehran Keshe
Mehran Tavakoli Keshe is a nuclear engineer involved with plasma reactors which are designed in analogy with cosmology. He postulates that the known inner core of Earth encapsulates a smaller hollow space of about 8 km diameter. This small center is filled with hydrogen, helium and other elements, and its acts like a semi-nuclear reactor. This reactor generates a proper magnetic field. This first magnetic field is superimposed by the second magnetic field which is created by convection. Similar to this approach Marvin Herndon, a US geophysicist, postulates a georeactor in the center of Earth, but filled with heavy radioactive elements. Keshe refers however to the solar system where the majority of the lightest elements, hydrogen and helium, are positioned in the center, in the Sun.

While this theory is not confirmed by the academic world, Keshe states that by applying his theoretical concepts in reactor prototypes he generates voltage and current, and is able to create graphene at room temperature and ambient pressure.

This makes so much sense....and although I know you have an aversion to dot-joining... ^_^

I'm very taken with what Keshe is saying. I have long thought that somehow space travel...

and just interdimensional travel (without a vehicle)...was going to involve going DOWN into the earth, not UP into

space....that anyone traveling what appears to be vast distances..would need to depart and/or arrive

in the earth's centre. Then the distance isn't like it is on the 'outside'....it's possibly instantaneous

or near to instantaneous.

The centre of earth being like a magnetic 'cenral station' linking to all the other Central Stations (elsewhere) and

also to the double magnetic fields around the Earth, that create gravitational effects.

I'm thinking of all the stories of the Underworld. And of the Ancient Egyptian Duat.

Also the 'hollow earth' theories. I'm thinking that the smallish space postulated by Keshe

in the centre of the earth...could go some way to explain the Hollow Earth stuff.

An area where time and space is different to on the 'outside' and that can open up in a

Doctor Who's Tardis kinda way. A world within a world??

ramble over...

#57    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,103 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 10:50 AM

View Postlost_shaman, on 14 June 2011 - 03:32 AM, said:

That's NOT how Science works! Claims are not considered true until proven wrong. That is NOT going to change simply because you are personally passionate about some particular claim.

Please enlighten me. What Scientific basis is there for CO2, CH4, and O2 in forming Graphene on Copper? Also, I watched the whole 43 minute Video and never saw a shred of evidence that Graphene was formed other than a verbal statement that some anonymous University had confirmed it. You must also realise that carbon is everywhere, however Carbon deposits themselves are not considered to be Graphene until you can isolate small sheets of Carbon that are connected and only between 1-3 namometers thick. Keshe DID NOT demonstrate that he had produced Graphene at all! That was the basis for all of his Psudoscience babble.

I'm no contrarian, but a realist. That said I seriously doubt that you've personally preformed these experiments and achieved the same results. Am I wrong?

Its the same babble like the Magniworks co. that promises you can build in your own home a Mag/gen system to power your entire house for only 99.00 bucks if you sen away now ! for the 57 page secret package of instructions. Anyone can build it ! Put all the power companys out of bussiness ! What a Crock ! Can you believe people fall for such claims?
Look it up and send your money now !
I gotta get me a web site like this  to make gazzillion`s dollars ! Anyone want to learn  how to B.B.Q in there sleep?
Good post L/S.

This is a Work in Progress!

#58    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 3,979 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 10:55 AM

View Postbee, on 14 June 2011 - 10:01 AM, said:

put a P at the end of the word in the red box and that could have everything to do with YOU.... :P
[...]

I don't mind ;)

[...]
maybe we could just make it ourselves...graphene....and try to apply it in simple and useful ways?

I'm just getting my head around all this...but if all we need is a plastic bottle (or plastic container?)
and copper. We are in business? There is copper wire in old TVs and microwaves. Platic bottles/containers
are everywhere.
[...]

Sorry, but I have no time for games.

[...]
well there was Zohal........ :unsure:

I don't know who and for what reason came up with this "flying saucer", but wiki refers to Fars News Agency news on March 16, 2011. And if we will take time and visit FARS new agency website, completely different picture will emerge. Do you see any saucer, huh?

#59    bee

bee

Forum Divinity

• 10,271 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 11:22 AM

View Postbmk1245, on 14 June 2011 - 10:55 AM, said:

Sorry, but I have no time for games.

I think you do....

I don't know who and for what reason came up with this "flying saucer", but wiki refers to Fars News Agency news on March 16, 2011. And if we will take time and visit FARS new agency website, completely different picture will emerge. Do you see any saucer, huh?

they would have demonstated more than one thing.....bet Zohal took pride of place

It's hard to know what to make of this....I wonder if it is a representation or a picture
of the real thing?

:unsure2:

#60    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 3,979 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 11:29 AM

View Postbee, on 14 June 2011 - 11:22 AM, said:

I think you do....
[...]

Nope, I assure you.

View Postbee, on 14 June 2011 - 11:22 AM, said:

[...]
they would have demonstated more than one thing.....bet Zohal took pride of place

It's hard to know what to make of this....I wonder if it is a representation or a picture
of the real thing?
[...]

I made another blunder - linked to wrong article, apologies. Here is "flying saucer", and here how it looks:

Posted Image

See propellers? Sorry to disappoint you, but it do not use any kind of exotic propulsion :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users