Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

North Korea vows to cancel Korean War ceasefi

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#16    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 11,643 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:09 PM

I disagree with most of the posters here.  IMO it's just a matter of time until the wrong fanatical patriot in NK gains enough influence to reignite hostilities.

#17    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,931 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:56 PM

That happens I think China would "take steps" before anything got really serious.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#18    Stardrive

Stardrive

Resident Bass Guitarist

• 3,116 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:58 PM

NK is in China's sphere of influence and it would only be wise of China to gently persuade the little brat to just chill..... or someone else will.

Posted Image

#19    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

Is not a number!

• 9,300 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:43 AM

View PostOverSword, on 06 March 2013 - 07:09 PM, said:

I disagree with most of the posters here.  IMO it's just a matter of time until the wrong fanatical patriot in NK gains enough influence to reignite hostilities.
as opposed to the sabre-rattling lunatic they have as a leader?

#20    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:00 AM

Posted Image

#21    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 7,767 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:58 AM

North korea is said to be pulling back from border areas and setting up defensive maneuvers

#22    SurgeTechnologies

SurgeTechnologies

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

• "Why not take what seems to me the only chance of escaping what is otherwise the sure destruction"

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:03 AM

View Postpallidin, on 06 March 2013 - 06:49 AM, said:

Perhaps, but if their secret intenton is to develop capable nuclear weapons, there is a problem.

I say pre-empt.

Not a very good solution is it? You gonna nuke them and risk radioactive material to be spread to nearby countries? Job well done..

You need to send in some specops guys to remove the leadership and cut the head of warmachine... Like one would bomb the pentagon and whole US warmachine would stop... That is the case with every military kill the leadership and there will chaos and most likely they would stop with what they were doing..

" Technology has exceeded our humanity. "

#23    SurgeTechnologies

SurgeTechnologies

Psychic Spy

• 1,217 posts

• "Why not take what seems to me the only chance of escaping what is otherwise the sure destruction"

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:08 AM

One man said " ...you can forget the 20 century warfare, next war will be short it wont be fought by large regimes of troops, but with missiles and nuclear weapons thus meaning the end of us.. " and i agree if someone ever launches a nuclear weapon we are done as a race...We would most likely irradiate surface to nonlife proportions...

I wish we would have never developed such weapons.. look at NK they are saying we will nuke US in a very casual way, yet no missile launched will ever hit US... They are thinking too far in the past. But if they manage to detonate such device or more within the country than i dont even wish to go that path...

" Technology has exceeded our humanity. "

#24    shrooma

shrooma

.goddamn sexual tyrannosaur.

• 2,921 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:11 AM

http://m.yna.co.kr/m...00000000
it's now gone w-a-a-y beyond that.....

"Ffeck uurf, you thaad pastic winker"
-Rik Mayall-

#25    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:17 AM

Pyongyang earlier in the day said it will cut off the emergency hotline linking the two Koreas and declared that it will no longer abide by the non-aggression packs signed with South Korea in the past.

This is the most important piece of info in that memo. I read about that earlier.

We did say Best Leader cant buy any luxury cars or yachts. What else would you expect for him to do.

#26    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 7,767 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:33 AM

No ones mentioned Iran, North Koreas ally and trade nuclear tehnology.

#27    shrooma

shrooma

.goddamn sexual tyrannosaur.

• 2,921 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:42 AM

View PostAsteroidX, on 08 March 2013 - 10:17 AM, said:

We did say Best Leader cant buy any luxury cars or yachts. What else would you expect for him to do.
be as ronery as his dad....?
:-)

"Ffeck uurf, you thaad pastic winker"
-Rik Mayall-

#28    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:44 AM

Suprising he is much more of a brat then his dad was. His Dad would only pull these stunts every couple years not weekly.

#29    Drayno

Drayno

Reverend Dudemeister

• 3,651 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:33 AM

View PostThanato, on 05 March 2013 - 11:17 PM, said:

Well looks like I gotta pack. Damn I thought this war was over.

~Thanato

It was never officially over.

Hey, don't like my opinions? I can respect that. Just realize guns allow you to have that opinion without being labeled as mentally insane for questioning the state.

Political abuse of psychiatry in the USSR: http://en.wikipedia....he_Soviet_Union

#30    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• 1,403 posts

• "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:02 AM

Lets face it,young kim has all the looks of a spoilt brat and is most likely just a puppet of the NK Military.I think the US should tell the Chinese to sort him out or threaten to do it themselves.The Chinese really don't want a foreign Army running about on their doorstep.

Edited by shaddow134, 09 March 2013 - 06:10 AM.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users