Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Why this scientist believes in GOD

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#16    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:45 PM

View PostRlyeh, on 06 October 2012 - 01:40 PM, said:

No problem, you just got refuted that's all. I gave QM theories that reject your conclusion, now what is the problem?

This proves you don't understand all the interpretations then. For instance in the MWI, even natural phenomena causes the "worlds" to split, the mind/observer actually plays no special role.

Haven't you been corrected on your narrow world view enough?
Please don't give me a youtube video, try a scientific paper.. oh wait you don't have any that support your quantum quackery..

Keep telling yourself that

Edited by Mr Right Wing, 06 October 2012 - 01:49 PM.

#17    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,649 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:53 PM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 06 October 2012 - 01:45 PM, said:

Keep telling yourself that
Educate yourself; http://www.hedweb.com/manworld.htm

Not only does MWI remove the observer dependent wave-collapse (rather interaction causes the world split), it doesn't propose this solipsism nonsense you are constantly spouting.

Edited by Rlyeh, 06 October 2012 - 01:59 PM.

#18    gOOgLer

gOOgLer

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:58 PM

Scientists believe in God because everything arround us is too compex to explain it only scientificaly.

#19    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 3,972 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:28 PM

View PostgOOgLer, on 06 October 2012 - 01:58 PM, said:

Scientists believe in God because everything arround us is too compex to explain it only scientificaly.

No. You are incorrect. Please study the relevant sciences before making sweeping generalizations that are completely unsupported.
Here's a good place to start: http://www.talkorigi...sc/ICsilly.html

"A cat has nine lives. For three he plays, for three he strays, and for the last three he stays."

July 17th, 2008 (Full moon the next night)

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#20    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:38 PM

View PostRlyeh, on 06 October 2012 - 01:53 PM, said:

1. Educate yourself; http://www.hedweb.com/manworld.htm
2. Not only does MWI remove the observer dependent wave-collapse (rather interaction causes the world split)
3. It doesn't propose this solipsism nonsense you are constantly spouting

1. I've got an engineering degree and know all the interruptations.
2. Quantum Mechanics is the same under all interruptations. I'll put it in simple terms - The formulas do not change its peoples opinions as to what they mean that change. The mechanics of 'measurement' and 'interaction' are 100% identical to each other. Its not an opinion that it means materialism is wrong its the mechanics which are at odds with materialism.
3. Who says it does? Its non-duality not solipsism.

Why wont you read the New Scientist articles?
Why wont you watch the video?
Why do you keep posting such tosh?

I know why you keep posting such tosh. You're someone that seeks materialism not truth. You're biased.

Edited by Mr Right Wing, 06 October 2012 - 02:46 PM.

#21    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,649 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 06 October 2012 - 03:03 PM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 06 October 2012 - 02:38 PM, said:

1. I've got an engineering degree and know all the interruptations.
2. Quantum Mechanics is the same under all interruptations. I'll put it in simple terms - The formulas do not change its peoples opinions as to what they mean that change. The mechanics of 'measurement' and 'interaction' are 100% identical to each other. Its not an opinion that it means materialism is wrong its the mechanics which are at odds with materialism.
3. Who says it does? Its non-duality not solipsism.
1. I guess you know how to perform brain surgery too then.

2. The "interpretations" address the behavior observed in QM. Some have taken this to meaning only our mind exists, but to say all physicists believe that is a blatant lie, in fact I named 2 famous ones who don't.
Your conclusion the mind only exists is an opinion, there is no formula or math that asserts this.
BTW materialism is the belief all is made of matter/energy. Superstring theory proposes everything is made of oscillating 1 dimensional strings. Perhaps materialism isn't that wrong after all.

3. BS by any other name.

Why wont you read the New Scientist articles?
Why wont you watch the video?
Why do you keep posting such tosh?
Because they aren't credible.
New Scientist isn't peer-reviewed. If it states physicists believe only the mind exists, then it is no better than a creationist site that claims most scientists are creationists.
I could post a video of a scientist saying the earth is only 6000 years old. YouTube videos have no inherent credibility.

Edited by Rlyeh, 06 October 2012 - 03:07 PM.

#22    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 34,343 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 06 October 2012 - 03:27 PM

I wonder what makes it special that a scientist beehives in G*D, that a scientist believes in some of the crap certain religions are trying to spoon feed us would be much more remarkable.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#23    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 03:30 PM

View PostRlyeh, on 06 October 2012 - 03:03 PM, said:

1. I guess you know how to perform brain surgery too then.

2. The "interpretations" address the behavior observed in QM. Some have taken this to meaning only our mind exists, but to say all physicists believe that is a blatant lie, in fact I named 2 famous ones who don't.
Your conclusion the mind only exists is an opinion, there is no formula or math that asserts this.
BTW materialism is the belief all is made of matter/energy. Superstring theory proposes everything is made of oscillating 1 dimensional strings. Perhaps materialism isn't that wrong after all.

3. BS by any other name.

4. Because they aren't credible. New Scientist isn't peer-reviewed. If it states physicists believe only the mind exists, then it is no better than a creationist site that claims most scientists are creationists. I could post a video of a scientist saying the earth is only 6000 years old. YouTube videos have no inherent credibility.

1. My brain surgery understanding is as good as your QM understanding.
2. When atoms stop being particles (no measurement) then materialism is wrong.
3. The wavefunction is non-duality. Look at its maths and you'll discover its the unification of all possibilities.
4. When you start dismissing the New Scientist you have a problem.

Hang on I'll be back later after some alcohol. I'll give you a list of articles from Scientific American to CERN. We can watch in amazement as you dismiss them all without a clue what you're going on about.

#24    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,649 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:01 PM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 06 October 2012 - 03:30 PM, said:

3. The wavefunction is non-duality. Look at its maths and you'll discover its the unification of all possibilities.
1. Not surprising then you know little of either.
2. This is called a straw man, I've already given the definition of materialism. You're using some definition that not even materialists today use.
3. Baseless assertion, where is the mind represented in the wavefunction?
If you did know all the interpretations, you'd know not all treat the wavefunction in the same manner. But haven't we already been over the fact mathematics is an approximation when dealing with the universe? I'm pretty sure others pointed this out to you.
4. Look what it did to you.

Hang on I'll be back later after some alcohol. I'll give you a list of articles from Scientific American to CERN. We can watch in amazement as you dismiss them all without a clue what you're going on about.
Just make sure to read them first, we all know what happened when you tried to prove color was subjective.

Edited by Rlyeh, 06 October 2012 - 04:29 PM.

#25    ThePhantomFlanFlinger

ThePhantomFlanFlinger

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,313 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:02 PM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 06 October 2012 - 03:30 PM, said:

Mr Wing...you pontificate and talk about things you do not know a damn thing about(google aside)...shut up and stop being a fool....!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users