Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What is wrong with this paragraph?

about

How quickly can you find out what is so unusual about this paragraph? It looks so ordinary that you would think that nothing is wrong with it at all, and, in fact, nothing is. But it is unusual. Why? If you look at it, study it and think about it, you may find out, but I am not going to assist you in any way. You must do it without coaching. No doubt, if you work at it for long, it will dawn on you. Who knows? Go to work and try your skill. Par is about half an hour. So jump to it and try your skill at figuring it out. Good luck --don't blow your cool.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• joc

• about

• Space Commander Travis

• Shivel

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't have the letter "E" in it at all, which is unusual because the letter E is a very common letter to be found in writing.

Even if this isn't the answer, it is still unusual. tongue.gif

How quickly can you find out what is so unusual about this paragraph? It looks so ordinary that you would think that nothing is wrong with it at all, and, in fact, nothing is. But it is unusual. Why? If you look at it, study it and think about it, you may find out, but I am not going to assist you in any way. You must do it without coaching. No doubt, if you work at it for long, it will dawn on you. Who knows? Go to work and try your skill. Par is about half an hour. So jump to it and try your skill at figuring it out. Good luck --don't blow your cool.

Actually there is something wrong with the paragraph! While a missing vowel may be a bit off the usual there is something blatantly and matter of factly wrong with the paragraph....

.....anyone else pick up on the glaring mistake? I noticed it instantly.......

Jayman got it right  sad.gif  Nice googling skills though

686554[/snapback]

I do not appreciate that at all, just because I noticed a vowel isn't used doesn't mean I looked up the answer.

And Joc, I still am not sure what you noticed, but I'll try to keep looking.

I didn't notice that. I was looking for words that were doubled, like when something reads : Who let the the dogs out.

You're being literal.

Yes, I am being literal....there is something wrong with the paragraph. It is so obvious.

If you think I'm mistaken or you are tired of looking at it I will tell you. original.gif

Give up?

Yes tell me now. Wait.. is it that a sentence begins with "but"?

Edited by UniversalParadox

I've seen this before. I thought it was just the E. Is there really something else wrong? I'll feel like a moron if there's something grammatically wrong with it; I'm a writer blush.gif

Is there something wrong besides the 'E'?

LilaBurrows got it!

no indent

thumbsup.gif

Edited by joc

Sorry, i'm lost?

Is that what the answer was no indent? I noticed that but I thought it would be something like grammer or layout.

Is that what it was? How many people do bother with all that when typing something in on a computer, though?

Nice to see grammatical and typographical standrds being upheld!

Aren't you glad that so many people picked up on grammatical and/or typographical errors you never knew you put in?! tongue.gif

Actually I didn't write it tongue.gif I got it off a website and thought, "Omg, this is so hard", and so randomly posted it on the forum to see what other people thought about it.

And what you found was that everyone was a pedant of the first order!

And what you found was that everyone was a pedant of the first order!

A pedant of the first order...right tongue.gif what's that?