Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Can god make a rock to big for him to left

• Please log in to reply
150 replies to this topic

#91    J. K.

J. K.

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:41 PM

View PostRlyeh, on 01 March 2013 - 05:26 PM, said:

So which dimension does God exist in?

I wouldn't know, since I've not "visited" any of those higher dimensions...   :whistle:

One's reality is another's nightmare.

#92    Lion6969

Lion6969

Poltergeist

• 2,229 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:18 PM

God creating a rock which he cant move is attributing human qualities to him, that's first mistake,  second mistake for god to do so is illogical, a perfect god cannot be illogical!

Can god do anything is not the right question, the right question is "does god have power over everything" yes!

That changes all the dynamics

#93    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,649 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:34 AM

View PostJ. K., on 01 March 2013 - 05:41 PM, said:

I wouldn't know, since I've not "visited" any of those higher dimensions...   :whistle:
And yet you're the one saying it.

#94    bom shankra

bom shankra

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 73 posts

• people say I'm crazy (chapman/lennon)

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:05 AM

as far as big rocks go, this one must take the buscuit

The Yangshan Quarry has been worked from the time of the Six Dynasties, the local limestone being used for construction of buildings, walls, and statues in and around Nanjing.[3]
After Zhu Yuanzhang (the Hongwu Emperor) founded the Ming Dynasty in 1368, the city of Nanjing became the capital city of his empire. The Yangshan quarry became the main source of stone for the major construction projects that changed the face of Nanjing.[4] In 1405, Hongwu's son, the Yongle Emperor, ordered the cutting of a giant stele in this quarry, for use in the Ming Xiaoling Mausoleum of his deceased father. In accordance with the usual design of a Chinese memorial stele, three separate pieces were being cut: the rectangular stele base (pedestal), the stele body, and the stele head (crown, to be decorated with a dragon design). After most of the stone-cutting work had been done, the architects realized that moving stones that big from Yangshan to Ming Xiaoling, let alone installing them there in a proper way, would not be physically possible. As a result, the project was abandoned.[3] In place of the stele, a much smaller tablet (still, the largest in the Nanjing area), known as the Shengong Shengde ("Divine Merits and Godly Virtues") Stele was installed in Ming Xiaoling's "Square Pavilion" (Sifangcheng) [3] in 1413.[6]
The three unfinished stele components remain in Yangshan Quarry to this day, only partially separated from the living rock of the mountain. The present dimensions and the usual weight estimates of the steles are as follows: According to experts, if the stele had been finished and put together, by installing the stele body installed vertically on the base, and topping with the stele head, then it would have stood 73 meters tall

What was that Emperor thinking?

on the subject of theology, this ones a good read http://www.bibliotec...amletmill12.htm(chapter 7- Socrates' Last Tale -from "Hamlets mill" , by Santillana and Dechend 1977).

View Postbraveone2u, on 28 February 2013 - 10:03 PM, said:

To cut a long story short, my afterlife in the Void changed everything for me, but it took 12 more years and many hardships for me to go back to my Christian root. In the end, I believe that the Holy Spirit was guiding me through it all, since the day one. Why do I believe this? I feel deep down that I have made a pact with Jesus Christ/God a long time ago, and "being shaken" was a way back.

what differentiates the above cited chapter from the christian dogma is the belief in the transmutability of the soul, so, in otherwords I could walk again on earth another time as a dog, or swim in the sea as giant squid etc.

BTW, how do you know when you talk about the holy spirit guiding you that its not really a luciferian spirit (read as your own concept of evil whatever that is) for example leading you on to a worser fate, or a more insufferable demise?

Whats happening here? I can't add URL links on my signature (to legal streeming music sites such as smithsonian folkways radio / adelaide community "3D radio - 5DDD") -  have I been disabled???, I did post a link to a bob dylan video on my 'profile feed' a few weeks ago that might have been dubious, it got deleted, by someone anyway, very sorry guys!!! But why did the legitimate links on my signature also get wiped? - and I say, I seem to be disabled now :td: .

#95    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,117 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:13 AM

View PostJ. K., on 01 March 2013 - 05:22 PM, said:

As you stated earlier, it is impossible to do so in our dimension.  You can draw a representation of a 3D cube on 2D paper, but it's only a representation and is not the actual object.  Any object can only be fully manifested in its own dimension, not in a lower dimension.  In relation to the OP, the rock question is invalid because God, who exists in a higher dimension than ours, cannot be fully manifested in our dimension.

So basicaly you say you know god exisists and its all about demensions. Talk about talking out ones own ass. All it takes is writting on a 2d piece of paper to manifest a god.

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#96    Lion6969

Lion6969

Poltergeist

• 2,229 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:39 AM

By dimensions I believe it means god is a metaphysical concept and our existence is the physical reality thus the metaphysical would not manifest in our dimension ie physical reality thus OP question is illogical because your superimposing a physical reality ie rock on a metaphysical concept or reality!

#97    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,649 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:09 AM

View PostLion6969, on 02 March 2013 - 05:39 AM, said:

By dimensions I believe it means god is a metaphysical concept and our existence is the physical reality thus the metaphysical would not manifest in our dimension ie physical reality thus OP question is illogical because your superimposing a physical reality ie rock on a metaphysical concept or reality!
In that case he can't do anything, he is a concept in our heads.

#98    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,117 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:10 AM

View PostLion6969, on 02 March 2013 - 05:39 AM, said:

The op I think meant to show people that know one knows god nor can speak as to what it may be.

As just said by Rlyeh, it`s only a concept nothing more.

Edited by The Silver Thong, 02 March 2013 - 06:11 AM.

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#99    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 6,867 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:53 AM

View Postbom shankra, on 02 March 2013 - 05:05 AM, said:

as far as big rocks go, this one must take the buscuit

What was that Emperor thinking?

~snip~

The emperor was convinced to replace it with this :

Posted Image

because there was unrest and turmoil at the time and the auspicious dateline to place the thing in the mausoleum has to be kept to a strict schedule.

' ... life and death carry on as they always have ~ and always will, only the dreamer is gone ~ behind the flow of imagination, beyond any effort to be still
dancing in the ebb and flow of attention, more present than the breath, I find the origins of my illusions, only the dreamer is gone ~ the dream never ends
'

GIFTS WITH NO GIVER - a love affair with truth ~ Poems by Nirmala

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

#100    J. K.

J. K.

Psychic Spy

• 1,317 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:10 PM

View PostRlyeh, on 02 March 2013 - 03:34 AM, said:

And yet you're the one saying it.

Yes, that's true.  

View PostThe Silver Thong, on 02 March 2013 - 05:13 AM, said:

So basicaly you say you know god exisists and its all about demensions. Talk about talking out ones own ass. All it takes is writting on a 2d piece of paper to manifest a god.

So one can understand everything about a subject simply by writing it?  I'm going to try that with "dark matter"; I'll let you know how it turns out.

You and Rlyeh said that god is at least a concept, so the subject can be discussed.  Whether or not a god is real, this fact remains: a god is above humanity in terms of power, ability and existence.

However, you don't have to know everything about someone in order to interact with them, or know everything about an object to be able to use it.  Do you know everything about your best friend?  Can you identify every circuit on the motherboard in your computer if you're not an electrical engineer?

One's reality is another's nightmare.

#101    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 28,677 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:49 PM

View PostJ. K., on 02 March 2013 - 04:10 PM, said:

[/size]

Yes, that's true.  

So one can understand everything about a subject simply by writing it?  I'm going to try that with "dark matter"; I'll let you know how it turns out.

You and Rlyeh said that god is at least a concept, so the subject can be discussed.  Whether or not a god is real, this fact remains: a god is above humanity in terms of power, ability and existence.

However, you don't have to know everything about someone in order to interact with them, or know everything about an object to be able to use it.  Do you know everything about your best friend?  Can you identify every circuit on the motherboard in your computer if you're not an electrical engineer?

View PostJ. K., on 02 March 2013 - 04:10 PM, said:

[/size]

Yes, that's true.  

God, may be above man.  But, according to christ man reach god's lvl.

I am a mormon.  If I don't use mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the mormon faith. Thank for careing and if you don't peace be with you.

#102    No-thingBornPassion

No-thingBornPassion

Psychic Spy

• 1,184 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:10 AM

View Postbom shankra, on 02 March 2013 - 05:05 AM, said:

what differentiates the above cited chapter from the christian dogma is the belief in the transmutability of the soul, so, in otherwords I could walk again on earth another time as a dog, or swim in the sea as giant squid etc.

BTW, how do you know when you talk about the holy spirit guiding you that its not really a luciferian spirit (read as your own concept of evil whatever that is) for example leading you on to a worser fate, or a more insufferable demise?
Hello bom shankra,

I've never experienced being a giant squid or dog; therefore, I'm the wrong person to ask. Is reincarnation possible? I wouldn't doubt it. We have, after all, an eternal soul. That soul has to go somewhere after this lifetime. I believe that there are those who are meant to go back to Jesus Christ. It may take many lifetimes...but that's beyond my earthly knowledge.

Lucifer ("morning star")? That's a completely different "extensive" story. You may want to follow this link to start your journey:

http://www.unexplain...howtopic=242570

In most cases, people who have experienced the presence of a divine being will tell you about this feeling of "love beyond compare" engulfing their heart and being. It's unmistakable. That, I can personally tell you.

Peace.

(Christian) Gnosticism also has the Holy Spirit, Christ(os), Jesus, LOVE...and God.

#103    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 28,677 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:29 PM

View PostRlyeh, on 02 March 2013 - 06:09 AM, said:

In that case he can't do anything, he is a concept in our heads.

In that case he can do anything, our minds can imagine.

I am a mormon.  If I don't use mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the mormon faith. Thank for careing and if you don't peace be with you.

#104    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,649 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:46 PM

View Postdanielost, on 04 March 2013 - 03:29 PM, said:

In that case he can do anything, our minds can imagine.
Which you've just pointed out as being in our imagination.

#105    IamsSon

IamsSon

Unobservable Matter

• 11,855 posts

• If you cant explain it simply, you dont understand it well enough. ~ Albert Einstein

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:38 PM

Is it rational to expect something irrational to be a proper test of anything or anyone?

"But then with me that horrid doubt always arises whether the convictions of man's mind which has been developed from the mind of the lower animals, are of any value or at all trustworthy. Would any one trust in the convictions of a monkey's mind, if there are any convictions in such a mind?" - Charles Darwin, in a letter to William Graham on July 3, 1881

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users