Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Egyptians in the Grand Canyon

icet925

There's a whole forum of conspiracy theory loonies here you can debate this non-sense with. Hell, you could even start a thread here on it, if you were masochistic enough.

But it's not appropriate /at all/ in this particular thread.

--Jaylemurph

I tried to connect to and respond to that post to which you replied, but got an error message stating "We could not determine which forum this topic is in." In any case, it was rubbish. In a thread I recently started here, we've been discussing the genetic analyses that were performed on Tut and other mummies believed to have been part of his family line.

There's enough discussion there about the subject in that thread so I won't repeat any of it here, except to say genetic and pathological examinations have definitively established that there is no trace of Marfan syndrome or any related or similar disease within the family line of Tutankhamun. That would include Akhenaten, of course. In other words, as numerous scholars have posited and as we now know to be fact, the odd-looking appearance of Amarna artwork was based on deliberately executed style and did not reflect the way these royals looked. So, no, we cannot say Obama looks like Akhenaten. The KV55 mummy is now being identified as Akhenaten, and while that identification remains suspect for now, we certainly cannot establish any resemblance between the two, for goodness sake!

I hope people will trouble themselves to read the reports and supplements about these examinations so they can finally, once and for all, put this tired and outdated argument to rest. Permanently.

Oh, I will stress something else in that post written by conzors: "Michelle Obama looks amazingly like Akhenaten's mother, Queen Tiye." Due to the genetic testing we now know for fact what was long suspected: the mummy known as KV35EL is in fact the mummy of Queen Tiye. Here is the mummy of Queen Tiye, and here is the First Lady. I rather doubt Mrs. Obama would be flattered by the comparison.

Moreover, conzors wrote: "Akhenaten had two daughters by Nefertiti They look amazingly like Malia and Sasha." In fact Akhenaten and Nefertiti had six daughters that we know of, and none of them have yielded mummies that we can confidently identify. The one exception, yielded again from the recent genetic examinations, is a mummy known as KV21A, who the researchers in the project are tentatively identifying as Ankhesenamun (a lot more work remains before we can make the identification for certain); Ankhesenamun (born Ankhesenpaaten) was the third daughter of Akhenaten and Nefertiti. But even if the genetic team is successful in identifying KV21A as Ankhesenamun, it will be quite impossible to establish any resemblance between her and Obama's daughters considering KV21A doesn't have a head!

Sorry to keep droning on. I know I kept hinting that I would stop, but it's hard to resist. So many of these far-afield fringe ideas are blown out of the water by even the simplest science and research. :yes:

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Total Science

• Mattshark

• Leonardo

• kmt_sesh

He also looks like this fellow:

firstframe.jpg

Apparently he's also a clone of Kar.

Or, y'know, he's African, and looks like someone who's also African.

I'm two generations English, and have been told I'm a dead ringer for Prince Harry.

Everyone needs to understand that the figure in the picture is a hieroglyph, not any sort of portraiture. It is not meant to look like any particular individual because it does not represent any particular individual. Instead, it represents the sound unit Hr, and is a common glyph that, depending on context within a word, can mean different things.

All Obama was saying was that he looked like that guy, and damn if he wasn't right. LOL That was pretty funny, and it stole the thunder from Obama's lofty and distinguished tour guide, Zahi Hawass. :lol:

Speaking of which, wasn't cocaine invented in the 19th Century? How was it supposed to have gotten to the mummies except by contamination? Time Travel? Coke dealing seems extraordinarily unlike Doctor Who, I have to say.

--Jaylemurph

Maybe that's how timelords make ends meet Jayle?

He also looks like this fellow:

firstframe.jpg

Apparently he's also a clone of Kar.

Or, y'know, he's African, and looks like someone who's also African.

I'm two generations English, and have been told I'm a dead ringer for Prince Harry.

I'm not sure if that's meant as a compliment or an insult. I mean, they say you like like a drunken redhead with a bad attitude..... :rofl:

Edited by TheSearcher

Everyone needs to understand that the figure in the picture is a hieroglyph, not any sort of portraiture. It is not meant to look like any particular individual because it does not represent any particular individual. Instead, it represents the sound unit Hr, and is a common glyph that, depending on context within a word, can mean different things.

But that would ruin the idea that the helicopter in Abydos is a picture of a helicopter, instead of writing!

Though, I admit that I truly thought it was meant to represent this fellow Kar, which was the name presented in the article I snagged the pic from.

I'm not sure if that's meant as a compliment or an insult. I mean, they say you like like a drunken redhead with a bad attitude....

Hey, you can't say that about royalty...

Even if he may be a royal b******.

Edited by ShadowSot

But that would ruin the idea that the helicopter in Abydos is a picture of a helicopter, instead of writing!

Though, I admit that I truly thought it was meant to represent this fellow Kar, which was the name presented in the article I snagged the pic from.

That bit of inscription is indeed from the tomb of Qar (G7101) at Giza. I'm pretty sure it comes from the central pillar seen here. The little head is not a depiction of Qar, however. This relief is. It's a beautiful tomb so I'm sure Hawass was just trying to show Obama the highlights at Giza.

But as for Abydos, those flying machines seen in Seti's temple are of course the real deal. That's how the Egyptians traveled up and down the Nile, you know.

Oh boy, I probably shouldn't be encouraging the fringies at UM. :rolleyes:

It's a beautiful tomb so I'm sure Hawass was just trying to show Obama the highlights at Giza.

Indeed it is, thank you for the link.

That bit of inscription is indeed from the tomb of Qar (G7101) at Giza. I'm pretty sure it comes from the central pillar seen here. The little head is not a depiction of Qar, however. This relief is. It's a beautiful tomb so I'm sure Hawass was just trying to show Obama the highlights at Giza.

But as for Abydos, those flying machines seen in Seti's temple are of course the real deal. That's how the Egyptians traveled up and down the Nile, you know.

Oh boy, I probably shouldn't be encouraging the fringies at UM. :rolleyes:

What have you done now?!? You silly silly man, now they're gonna say : "But Kmt said that's what they did....."

What have you done now?!? You silly silly man, now they're gonna say : "But Kmt said that's what they did....."

You're absolutely right. I should know better, considering how fond fringies are of quoting out of context. Pretty soon I'll be charged as a supporter of Sitchin. Eesh!

How would I live with myself? :blink:

You're absolutely right. I should know better, considering how fond fringies are of quoting out of context. Pretty soon I'll be charged as a supporter of Sitchin. Eesh!

*Shakes head sadly*

How indeed Kmt... How indeed?

I enjoy being a sarcastic old git way to much, hahahahaha.

^^^^You start believing in Sitchin and i'm going back into my tomb for another thousand years!!!..... :w00t:

^^^^You start believing in Sitchin and i'm going back into my tomb for another thousand years!!!..... :w00t:

Fear not, that shall never happen. ^_^