Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Cat Palace

Persia

Here says...

The cat (Felis catus), also known as the domestic cat or housecat to distinguish it from other felines and felids, is a small furry domesticated carnivorous mammal that is valued by humans for its companionship and for its ability to hunt vermin and household pests.

Cats have been associated with humans for at least 9,500 years,and are currently the most popular pet in the world.Owing to their close association with humans, cats are now found almost everywhere on Earth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cat

I love cats.. :) We can share many things over here.

Edited by Persia
  • Like 1

Thank you for creating this thread Persia! I adore felines great and small as well, and I look forward to posting photos and sharing all things feline here. ;)

This is one of my favorite cat poems:

THE CAT AND THE MOON

by: W. B. Yeats (1865-1939)

• t_pic.gifHE cat went here and there And the moon spun round like a top, And the nearest kin of the moon, The creeping cat, looked up. Black Minnaloushe stared at the moon, For, wander and wail as he would, The pure cold light in the sky Troubled his animal blood. Minnaloushe runs in the grass Lifting his delicate feet. Do you dance, Minnaloushe, do you dance? When two close kindred meet, What better than call a dance? Maybe the moon may learn, Tired of that courtly fashion, A new dance turn. Minnaloushe creeps through the grass From moonlit place to place, The sacred moon overhead Has taken a new phase. Does Minnaloushe know that his pupils Will pass from change to change, And that from round to crescent, From crescent to round they range? Minnaloushe creeps through the grass Alone, important and wise, And lifts to the changing moon His changing eyes.

You're welcome. I should have re-formatted the stanzas. Precious kitten! :)

post-97961-078429600 1288365002_thumb.jp

Here are four of my five kitties watching birds and chipmunks.

L to R: Max, Vladimir, Abigail & Mina.

Thank you! They all get along so well and also with my three big dogs. Max and Abigail are siblings, and they are inseparable. :wub:

This is Vladimir just after I adopted him. He still has his monkey.

post-97961-090126000 1288365682_thumb.jp

such a cutee, thanks for sharing,

Did you know that most orange cats are male, and most calico cats are female, with very few exceptions?

You are welcome . . . ^_^

The world of genetic is so strange . . . :ph34r:

301258.jpg

I'm not positive... But I think that may be one of the cutest itty bitty kitty pics I've ever seen... those shirt sleeve pockets are small, lol!

My one eyed cat Cotton :)

post-97778-0-12975900-1288908100_thumb.j

Edited by Aim4TheHead

I love cats. We have a Calio cat named Reily at my dad's house. She's spoiled but I still love her. I've grown up with both animals but I'm mostly a cat person.