Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

What song is stuck in your head?

• Please log in to reply
244 replies to this topic

#1    Cetacea

Cetacea

Poltergeist

• 2,352 posts

• "How inappropriate to call this planet Earth, when it is quite clearly Ocean."

Posted 17 February 2010 - 02:35 PM

We all know the situation, sometimes you just have a song stuck in your head that no matter what you do will just not bugger off. Can be a good one you like, or worse one you loathe and are stuck with for ages! Either way, here's the place to share your joy or pain!

Currently on endless repeat in my head:
Kleine Lichter by Vinzent (or possibly not, could be a cover not too sure, that version anyway)

"There is about as much educational benefit to be gained in studying dolphins in captivity as there would be studying mankind by observing prisoners held in solitary confinement" - Jacques Cousteau

"We're not unique, just at one end of the spectrum."

#2    HerNibs

HerNibs

Grand Duchess Anaesthesia

• 12,101 posts

• Endless repetition does not make something true.

Posted 17 February 2010 - 02:37 PM

Currently stuck in my head.

:P

Nibs

Just because it is a mystery to YOU doesn't make it unexplained.

STORM - a must watch - caution, some profanity and may cause you to experience reason.

#3    Queen in the North

Queen in the North

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,509 posts

• We're more Ceefax people.

Posted 17 February 2010 - 02:40 PM

View PostHerNibs, on 17 February 2010 - 02:37 PM, said:

I clicked.

I screamed.

I ran away before I could hear it!

:P

Posted Image

#4    thefinalfrontier

thefinalfrontier

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,586 posts

• When a chicken hawk is around a wise rooster will not bury its head~ ~ ~ ~ Barney Fife~ ~ ~

Posted 17 February 2010 - 02:47 PM

The traveling wilburys handle with care,

Also calling all angels by Jane Siberry

#5    BiffSplitkins

BiffSplitkins

Vertically Challenged

• 7,068 posts

• We all have a song inside us, it tells us who we are.

'John Doeber' fellow musician

Posted 17 February 2010 - 02:50 PM

"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Posted Image

#6    MissMelsWell

MissMelsWell

Cosmic Baker

• 13,162 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 05:43 PM

I've had this stuck in my head for like 2 days now. LOL. Luckily, I like this song... pretty groovy for Anthrax. LOL

"It's time for the American people to stand up and shrug off the shackles of our government at TSA at the airport"  Ron Paul

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

#7    _Nyx_

_Nyx_

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 11,262 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 05:49 PM

Yellow Submarine...someone sang it at Karaoke Saturday night and it's still stuck in my head... :wacko:

#8    Purplos

Purplos

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,552 posts

• Everything important is infinite.

Posted 17 February 2010 - 05:54 PM

This thing called love I just can't handle it
this thing called love I must get round to it
I ain't ready
Crazy little thing called love...

Everybody!

Embrace the impossible.

#9    BiffSplitkins

BiffSplitkins

Vertically Challenged

• 7,068 posts

• We all have a song inside us, it tells us who we are.

'John Doeber' fellow musician

Posted 17 February 2010 - 05:57 PM

View PostMissMelsWell, on 17 February 2010 - 05:43 PM, said:

I've had this stuck in my head for like 2 days now. LOL. Luckily, I like this song... pretty groovy for Anthrax. LOL
Anthrax is from around where I live. I'm friends with the original singer Joey Belladona and Scott Ian. Great band!

"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Posted Image

#10    Guyver

Guyver

Poltergeist

• 3,242 posts

• Then I saw that wisdom excels folly as light excels darkness.
    Ecclesiastes

Posted 17 February 2010 - 06:10 PM

Show me what it's like, to be the last one standing....teach me wrong from right and I'll show you what I can be....say it to me, say it to me...and I'll leave this life behind me, say it if it's worth savin me.

Nickelback Saving Me

It's just that part going round in my head, and I didn't even hear the song this morning.   :unsure2:

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
- Aristotle

#11    Queen in the North

Queen in the North

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,509 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:07 PM

View PostGuyver, on 17 February 2010 - 06:10 PM, said:

Show me what it's like, to be the last one standing....teach me wrong from right and I'll show you what I can be....say it to me, say it to me...and I'll leave this life behind me, say it if it's worth savin me.

Nickelback Saving Me

It's just that part going round in my head, and I didn't even hear the song this morning.  
:unsure2:
Yeah I know what you mean, I was driving people crazy the other day singing Stuck In The Middle With You and I hadn't even heard it that day.

*goes off humming* Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, here I am...

Posted Image

#12    Queen in the North

Queen in the North

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,509 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:12 PM

I have this stuck in my head. I don't really like it, personally not really my thing but we did a set piece to it in dance so the entire thing is burnt into my brain.

Therefore, I can't listen to the part about 16 seconds in where the beat kicks in without plieing. :lol: FAIL.

Edited by storminateacup, 17 February 2010 - 07:12 PM.

Posted Image

#13    MissMelsWell

MissMelsWell

Cosmic Baker

• 13,162 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:17 PM

View PostBiffSplitkins, on 17 February 2010 - 05:57 PM, said:

Anthrax is from around where I live. I'm friends with the original singer Joey Belladona and Scott Ian. Great band!

Anthrax is one of my BF's all time favorite bands... he's a long time metalhead and was a really close friend of Layne Stayle's for years. If I'm not mistaken, DBF is aquainted with Scott Ian but I'm not sure how or why... but I lose track of who that dingdong knows and I've stopped trying to keep up haha!! I'll have to ask him. LOL

"It's time for the American people to stand up and shrug off the shackles of our government at TSA at the airport"  Ron Paul

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

#14    Cetacea

Cetacea

Poltergeist

• 2,352 posts

• "How inappropriate to call this planet Earth, when it is quite clearly Ocean."

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:19 PM

View Poststorminateacup, on 17 February 2010 - 07:12 PM, said:

I have this stuck in my head. I don't really like it, personally not really my thing but we did a set piece to it in dance so the entire thing is burnt into my brain.

I could tell within the first 2 seconds it wasn't my thing :lol: Those are the worst though! The ones you don't like and dont go away, I've walked around all day with, er, cough*Love Story*cough stuck in my head because it happened to be on an ad! I literally just need to hear one or two chords and it gets hardwired into my brain on endless repeat! What have I done to deserve this punishment?!  :cry:

Edited by Cetacea, 17 February 2010 - 07:19 PM.

"There is about as much educational benefit to be gained in studying dolphins in captivity as there would be studying mankind by observing prisoners held in solitary confinement" - Jacques Cousteau

"We're not unique, just at one end of the spectrum."

#15    Queen in the North

Queen in the North

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,509 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:29 PM

View PostCetacea, on 17 February 2010 - 07:19 PM, said:

I could tell within the first 2 seconds it wasn't my thing :lol: Those are the worst though! The ones you don't like and dont go away, I've walked around all day with, er, cough*Love Story*cough stuck in my head because it happened to be on an ad! I literally just need to hear one or two chords and it gets hardwired into my brain on endless repeat! What have I done to deserve this punishment?!  :cry:
I know! :cry:

Try having this stuck in your head, with a best friend who HATES it and hits you every time you absently mindedly sing it :lol:

Edit: I actually can't talk, I have a soft spot for this Taylor Swift song. :lol: *facepalm*

Edited by storminateacup, 17 February 2010 - 07:37 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users