Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

China announces manned moon mission

Saru

China has declared plans to land a man on the moon and to build a space station by as early as 2020.

A white paper published on Thursday laid out the country's five-year plan for the development on new satellites, spacecraft and a space station and provided the official confirmation of China's lunar ambitions.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MID

• DONTEATUS

• Mr Supertypo

• orion144

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

About bloody time someone went back to the moon, i don't care if it's "pointless" i'd like to see video footage of the entire mission in HD on my TV since i wasn't around in 1969 to see the moon landing

China have a history of land grabbing,.. EG Tibet.So now the moon will be CHinese possesion. Good place to launch missiles or spy camera .

Lets support china in her goal, by buying so much chinesee we can!

Go china, the moon is yellow :yes:

China have a history of land grabbing,.. EG Tibet.So now the moon will be CHinese possesion. Good place to launch missiles or spy camera .

Are you serious? Tibet!

Not much compared to North and South America, Australia and to some extent Africa and more lol

Got a feeling you have something against China :innocent:

Zam

Zamor,it is China that wants the moon.Bigger than anything else to conquer.Hey I live in Thailand and many of my friends here are Chinese.Chinese dictators are the problem.

i'd prefer the Americans being the leaders in space exploration, and preferred it was NASA going back to the moon. but times change, but seeing a Chinaman landing - walking on the moon wont have the same affect/appeal to me as seeing Americans walking on the moon again. i dont know why but thats my take.

China is the evil empire! They'll probably open a factory on the moon so they can have a way to manufacture their cheap crap in low gravity. They'll ship Tibetian buddhists up there and force them to slave away in a lunar sweat shop.

Sounds a bit like racist comments here. What would the line. Of conversation be if the headline read "African nation plans manned space mission to Moon."

Maybe some would say "oh well, they can't break anything up. there!" Personally, I'm all for any human expedition to neighbouring planets and moons!! Pushing manned space exploration is setting us up for stellar and interstellar space exploration! At the very least, I hope mankind will get over ethnic differences and realise we are all belonging to the same race, the human race. Good luck China and whoever does the next step in space flight!

What happened to ``one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind`` Oh wait, Neil was suppose to say one giant leap for the western world. Any and all missions beyond Earth is a leap for us all. People who think the Chinese will keep things hush, must think NASA was and has been always completely open with the general public. I don`t think so.

The problem is that once the chinese make it to the moon...you will have the cravings to go back and do it again an hour later...

:o

Actually if the Chinese did start building a station on the moon, it would set in motion a new space race - 'The quest to own the moon'. And it would also speed up mans advances in space colonisation - something I'm not all that chuffed about to be honset. We have to sort out our act here first.

Edited by Device

They're 42 years too late.

Why?

Cheers,

Badeskov

Why?

Cheers,

Badeskov

Oh, I was just being glib I guess. But you can get a feel for my position on the matter in my previous comment - which I edited. Thanks.

Edited by Device

I THINK IF THE CHINESE MAKE IT TO THE MOON IT WILL SPUR THE AMERICANS AND OTHER NATIONS ON.I PERSONALY THINK IT SHOULD BE A MULTI-NATIONAL SPACE AGENCY THAT BUILDS A BASE ON THE MOON.NASA IS TOO SECRETIVE AND KEEPS TOO MUCH FROM THE PUBLIC.

As Long as they dont put a Quick fry shop up there ! I want Dib`s on that !

China have a history of land grabbing,.. EG Tibet.So now the moon will be Chinese possesion. Good place to launch missiles or spy camera .

I wouldn't get too excted by a headline.

The Moon is not "land" available for any nation to claim, and China has orbited a man, and executed a short EVA. They have heavy lift capability to develop and man-rate, and space craft to develop, test, and man-rate, a mission profile to develop, and hundreds and hundreds of people to train.

I'd say, with the right economics, a coordinated effort that didn't involve the military running the program, a rudimentary lunar landing capability could be developed in the next 10 years by the Chinese, but, economically, I rather doubt it...and, a station as well?

It would make a nice novel, I think.

:tu:

I THINK IF THE CHINESE MAKE IT TO THE MOON IT WILL SPUR THE AMERICANS AND OTHER NATIONS ON.I PERSONALY THINK IT SHOULD BE A MULTI-NATIONAL SPACE AGENCY THAT BUILDS A BASE ON THE MOON.NASA IS TOO SECRETIVE AND KEEPS TOO MUCH FROM THE PUBLIC.

What???

I wouldn't get too excted by a headline.

The Moon is not "land" available for any nation to claim, and China has orbited a man, and executed a short EVA. They have heavy lift capability to develop and man-rate, and space craft to develop, test, and man-rate, a mission profile to develop, and hundreds and hundreds of people to train.

I'd say, with the right economics, a coordinated effort that didn't involve the military running the program, a rudimentary lunar landing capability could be developed in the next 10 years by the Chinese, but, economically, I rather doubt it...and, a station as well?

It would make a nice novel, I think.

I would agree, MID. But to be honest, I have a feeling their rather ambitious plans are as much a domestic tool of politics as it is an actual ambition. I have no doubts they'll get there at some point, but the time line looks rather aggressive ;)

Cheers,

Badeskov

I would agree, MID. But to be honest, I have a feeling their rather ambitious plans are as much a domestic tool of politics as it is an actual ambition. I have no doubts they'll get there at some point, but the time line looks rather aggressive ;)

Cheers,

Badeskov

To be honest, I agree with you too Bade!

To be honest, I agree with you too Bade!

Your both so correct ! China will not go to the Moon on there own ! Even on a good day we all will be needed to return to the Moon !

Now the real trick will be Growing up as a Unified Race !