Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Garden in a jar...

rashore

Getting married next year, and I'm thinking about the guest wedding favors. I want to make up garden in a jars to give away.

Going to make up a ton of little sample size packets of seed, and jar them up. I'm already thinking a few veggies like tomato, peppers, lettuce and beans, a few easy to grow herbs, and maybe an edible flower or two.

So... If you were to get a jar like that, what would you like to see in it?

I'm also thinking about doing up a bunch of catgrass pots as table decor and take home favors too :)

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rashore

• Simbi Laveau

• Still Waters

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a lovely idea !

Id like some sort of flower,and maybe tomatoes and a parsley type thing .

Basil ,cilantro,Italian parsley.

It all sounds very nice whatever you decide to put in them, I'd be happy with whatever you chose. Congratulations btw.... :)

Well, right now I'm thinking...

Tomato- probably will be a mix of varieties, but I will keep all of the same kind of seed per packet.

sweet pepper

hot pepper

carrot

spinach

lettuce

bean

cucumber

flat leaf parsley

dill

basil

marigold

nasturtium

On my current maybe list is pumpkin, squash, radish, beets, and edible sunflowers.

And it's kind of funny... I've asked this in a few different forums now.. And the only forum that seems to think it's more odd than not is the gardening forum! Then again, they are a bit more serious about gardening there, and don't really approve of giving out seed all willie-nillie to people that might not know how to care for them properly enough.

And just as an interesting note for the cat owners... Pretty much any type of feed or groundcover grass seed can be grown into catgrass- oats, wheat, rye or barley :)

Well, right now I'm thinking...

Tomato- probably will be a mix of varieties, but I will keep all of the same kind of seed per packet.

sweet pepper

hot pepper

carrot

spinach

lettuce

bean

cucumber

flat leaf parsley

dill

basil

marigold

nasturtium

On my current maybe list is pumpkin, squash, radish, beets, and edible sunflowers.

And it's kind of funny... I've asked this in a few different forums now.. And the only forum that seems to think it's more odd than not is the gardening forum! Then again, they are a bit more serious about gardening there, and don't really approve of giving out seed all willie-nillie to people that might not know how to care for them properly enough.

And just as an interesting note for the cat owners... Pretty much any type of feed or groundcover grass seed can be grown into catgrass- oats, wheat, rye or barley :)

:yes:

Gardening people are hare core !

^_^

And I'd not out hot peppers,because most of my friends don't like them.