Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Garden in a jar...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 7,362 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:29 PM

Getting married next year, and I'm thinking about the guest wedding favors. I want to make up garden in a jars to give away.
Going to make up a ton of little sample size packets of seed, and jar them up. I'm already thinking a few veggies like tomato, peppers, lettuce and beans, a few easy to grow herbs, and maybe an edible flower or two.

So... If you were to get a jar like that, what would you like to see in it?

I'm also thinking about doing up a bunch of catgrass pots as table decor and take home favors too :)

#2    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:02 PM

This is a lovely idea !
Id like some sort of flower,and maybe tomatoes and a parsley type thing .
Basil ,cilantro,Italian parsley.

Miss me?

#3    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 39,237 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:14 PM

It all sounds very nice whatever you decide to put in them, I'd be happy with whatever you chose. Congratulations btw.... :)

Posted Image

#4    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 7,362 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:46 PM

Well, right now I'm thinking...
Tomato- probably will be a mix of varieties, but I will keep all of the same kind of seed per packet.
sweet pepper
hot pepper
carrot
spinach
lettuce
bean
cucumber
flat leaf parsley
dill
basil
marigold
nasturtium

On my current maybe list is pumpkin, squash, radish, beets, and edible sunflowers.

And it's kind of funny... I've asked this in a few different forums now.. And the only forum that seems to think it's more odd than not is the gardening forum! Then again, they are a bit more serious about gardening there, and don't really approve of giving out seed all willie-nillie to people that might not know how to care for them properly enough.

And just as an interesting note for the cat owners... Pretty much any type of feed or groundcover grass seed can be grown into catgrass- oats, wheat, rye or barley :)

#5    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:38 PM

View Postrashore, on 15 April 2012 - 01:46 PM, said:

Well, right now I'm thinking...
Tomato- probably will be a mix of varieties, but I will keep all of the same kind of seed per packet.
sweet pepper
hot pepper
carrot
spinach
lettuce
bean
cucumber
flat leaf parsley
dill
basil
marigold
nasturtium

On my current maybe list is pumpkin, squash, radish, beets, and edible sunflowers.

And it's kind of funny... I've asked this in a few different forums now.. And the only forum that seems to think it's more odd than not is the gardening forum! Then again, they are a bit more serious about gardening there, and don't really approve of giving out seed all willie-nillie to people that might not know how to care for them properly enough.

And just as an interesting note for the cat owners... Pretty much any type of feed or groundcover grass seed can be grown into catgrass- oats, wheat, rye or barley :)
:yes:
Gardening people are hare core !
^_^
And I'd not out hot peppers,because most of my friends don't like them.

Miss me?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users