Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

B.C. nurses fight mandatory flu-shots

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,708 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:41 PM

B.C. nurses are seizing on the work of a UK-based health science organization that questions the scientific evidence for forcing health workers to get flu shots

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...lu-vaccine.html

When it comes to the flu shot, there is not enough research to guarantee 100% that it is safe.  I don't blame these nurses.  They are demanding the opposing nurses to put something in theire body that they don't want.  Pretty scary IMO.

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!

#2    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,501 posts

• "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:45 PM

View Postglorybebe, on 15 November 2012 - 08:41 PM, said:

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...lu-vaccine.html

When it comes to the flu shot, there is not enough research to guarantee 100% that it is safe.  I don't blame these nurses.  They are demanding the opposing nurses to put something in theire body that they don't want.  Pretty scary IMO.
A friend of mine has Flu shots every year and he still gets Flu,it just not, maybe as severe.

Edited by shaddow134, 15 November 2012 - 08:46 PM.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

#3    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:49 PM

We fought it here in NY,and we won .

Miss me?

#4    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,708 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:56 PM

View Postshaddow134, on 15 November 2012 - 08:45 PM, said:

A friend of mine has Flu shots every year and he still gets Flu,it just not, maybe as severe.

I forgot to get mine last year-I wasn't sick near as often or severe as when I got the shots.  Not getting them anymore, eventhough I have asthma.

#5    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,664 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:57 PM

Never had a flu shot despite having them available for free at work each year and so far, out of my working group I can comfortably say I have had the least severe flu symptons in winter, if it could called "flu" at all and not just a common "cold".

I would fight it too, it should be personal choice no one should have to blindly believe that something cooked up in a lab is well cooked if they choose not to.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#6    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• 1,501 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:05 PM

View PostlibstaK, on 15 November 2012 - 08:57 PM, said:

Never had a flu shot despite having them available for free at work each year and so far, out of my working group I can comfortably say I have had the least severe flu symptons in winter, if it could called "flu" at all and not just a common "cold".

I would fight it too, it should be personal choice no one should have to blindly believe that something cooked up in a lab is well cooked if they choose not to.
It should be down to personal choice,some people can fight it better naturally,I consider my self blessed as i haven't suffered from flu since i was 21 and haven't had a cold in seven years.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

#7    FurthurBB

FurthurBB

Government Agent

• 3,359 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:44 AM

This is the most irresponsible thing I have ever heard of in my life.  I have only ever had the three flu shot series that are supposed to protect you for life that has not been approved yet because I never really get sick, but if I chose to work in the healthcare field it would be my responsiblity to do everything possible to protect the people I care for.  I guess we should just let everyone do whatever they want no matter who it hurts because they are too selfish to do something harmless to protect others.

#8    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:46 AM

View PostFurthurBB, on 16 November 2012 - 03:44 AM, said:

This is the most irresponsible thing I have ever heard of in my life.  I have only ever had the three flu shot series that are supposed to protect you for life that has not been approved yet because I never really get sick, but if I chose to work in the healthcare field it would be my responsiblity to do everything possible to protect the people I care for.  I guess we should just let everyone do whatever they want no matter who it hurts because they are too selfish to do something harmless to protect others.
I have to ask ,do they pay you to monitor these ? Lots of people fought the mandatory shots ,all in health care . Now why would health care workers ,who have a clue,feel the need to fight a forced vaccination ?
Ya gotta wonder .

http://kellythekitch...-get-fired.html

Edited by Simbi Laveau, 16 November 2012 - 04:52 AM.

Miss me?

#9    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 4,514 posts

• I might have been born yesterday but, I've been up all night.

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:05 AM

The flu shots are not mandatory. Except in that it's, 'get a flu shot' or wear a mask during flu season.

#10    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 8,936 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:10 AM

i'll take my chances with the flu

#11    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:11 AM

View PostLikely Guy, on 16 November 2012 - 05:05 AM, said:

The flu shots are not mandatory. Except in that it's, 'get a flu shot' or wear a mask during flu season.
They are in some health care facilities . In Japan ,school teachers have to get them too . They threatened to fire a lot of nyc nurses and doctors ,for refusing the h1n1 vaccine .They fought it,and won . Now ,the h1n1 vaccine,is incorporated into the seasonal flu vaccination .
So if you get the flu vac,you get the h1n1 vac too .

Miss me?

#12    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 4,577 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:13 AM

View PostFurthurBB, on 16 November 2012 - 03:44 AM, said:

I was going to say the same thing. If someone in the healthcare field refuses a shot and transmits the flu to an ill patient who then dies, they should be legally culpable.
I cannot stand how ignorant some people are about vaccine science and how it works. It's just willful ignorance and it's so sad that these people going around spreading all this disinformation.

"A cat has nine lives. For three he plays, for three he strays, and for the last three he stays."

July 17th, 2008 (Full moon the next night)

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#13    FurthurBB

FurthurBB

Government Agent

• 3,359 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:26 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 16 November 2012 - 04:46 AM, said:

I have to ask ,do they pay you to monitor these ? Lots of people fought the mandatory shots ,all in health care . Now why would health care workers ,who have a clue,feel the need to fight a forced vaccination ?
Ya gotta wonder .

http://kellythekitch...-get-fired.html

Wow! Simbi, this is a new low for you.  Who is paying you to constantly post this inane antivax crap?

Health care workers might have a better than average understanding, but it does not mean they are immune to all quackery.  There was a L&D nurse in my area a couple of years ago who lost her twin boys because she was so terrified of a C-section she convinced herself that home birth was safe for a 36 week twin delivery when baby A was breech.  You cannot tell me that a L&D nurse does not have a better understanding of the risks that such a birth would come with than the average person, but she was still susceptible to this nonsense and her boys paid for it with their lives.  It only makes me wonder why knowing what they know they could convince themselves of something else entirely.

#14    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,708 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:54 PM

View PostImaginarynumber1, on 16 November 2012 - 05:13 AM, said:

I was going to say the same thing. If someone in the healthcare field refuses a shot and transmits the flu to an ill patient who then dies, they should be legally culpable.
I cannot stand how ignorant some people are about vaccine science and how it works. It's just willful ignorance and it's so sad that these people going around spreading all this disinformation.
Did you even read that the shot is not guaranteed?  65% not 99.99%.  Besides which, they are protection from past seasons flu strain, not the current one.  I would wear the mask and be done with it. Also, in BC, the seniors get free flu shots, too

#15    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• 1,501 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:02 PM

Agreed wear the mask or take the shot,it should be down to personal choice and freedom,All this balderdash about legal culpability is rubbish.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users