Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Pope Benedict begins trip to Lebanon

middle east pope lebanon religion

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#16    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,117 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:26 PM

View Postshaddow134, on 15 September 2012 - 06:00 PM, said:

Oh well,the " End of Days " lobby will be busy flicking through the collection of stories known as the Bible to see where this fits into their phrophecy...

end days wacjobs lol even if the Pope is killed it will have little effect. The last pope that people cared about was shot lived and died all for a god he didn't believe in. I have a belief lol that Popes know the truth and know they are just a figure head and a puppet.

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#17    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 12,830 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:31 PM

View PostThe Silver Thong, on 15 September 2012 - 06:26 PM, said:

end days wacjobs lol even if the Pope is killed it will have little effect. The last pope that people cared about was shot lived and died all for a god he didn't believe in. I have a belief lol that Popes know the truth and know they are just a figure head and a puppet.
I think it would be a great tragedy (and I'm not Catholic) and it would add fuel to the fire all over the world.  In fact if there is one thing that could rouse Christians to violence - THAT might be it.  The trip was previously scheduled but he chose to go regardless the change in conditions and I admire him for trying to be a peacemaker.

Imagination is the power in the turn of a phrase.

#18    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,117 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:50 PM

View Postand then, on 15 September 2012 - 07:31 PM, said:

I think it would be a great tragedy (and I'm not Catholic) and it would add fuel to the fire all over the world.  In fact if there is one thing that could rouse Christians to violence - THAT might be it.  The trip was previously scheduled but he chose to go regardless the change in conditions and I admire him for trying to be a peacemaker.

You keep believing that my friend and all will be well. Religion resolves everything. Oh wait a peacemaker lol. Your joking right.  The best thing in light of recent activities in the ME is to sit his pompass ass down and shut the hell up. He's doing this to incite violence and he will get it. You know that as well as me.

Edited by The Silver Thong, 15 September 2012 - 07:51 PM.

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#19    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts

• "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:05 PM

View PostThe Silver Thong, on 15 September 2012 - 07:50 PM, said:

You keep believing that my friend and all will be well. Religion resolves everything. Oh wait a peacemaker lol. Your joking right.  The best thing in light of recent activities in the ME is to sit his pompass ass down and shut the hell up. He's doing this to incite violence and he will get it. You know that as well as me.
I laughed as well,hopefully he will wander into palestine and get his papal nose bloodied a little and quickly withdraw just like they did in the crusades....

Did you say puppet or muppet..

Edited by shaddow134, 15 September 2012 - 08:10 PM.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

#20    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:58 PM

View Postand then, on 15 September 2012 - 03:45 AM, said:

I hope the guy can be protected.  The trip probably should have been postponed.

I love this comment. It shows how much faith you truly have in your religion. LOL

Posted Image

Posted Image

These tickle me and show my point.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#21    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 34,244 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:04 PM

View PostCoffey, on 15 September 2012 - 08:58 PM, said:

I love this comment. It shows how much faith you truly have in your religion. LOL

Posted Image

Posted Image

That must be because somebody of your religion tried to shoot John Paul II. Before that there was no popemobil.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#22    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 12,830 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:55 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

The fact that you find the attempted assassination of a pope funny just shows your level of intelligence and morality.  Your idiocy is showing little guy ;)

#23    Knight Of Shadows

Knight Of Shadows

Shadow Dancer

• 5,251 posts

• Rest In Peace A.B

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:58 PM

looks like morality only exist when non-muslims being killed
but when muslims get killed there's always justifications .. some morals :D

glad the guy made it out in one piece .. did he ?
coz if some " western " country were to look for exucse to do something. . they'll kill him there
and yep .. use some puppet .. say like osama bin laden .. and  the rest is clear

by the name of Allah the Gracious the Merciful
Say, "I seek refuge in the Lord of daybreak From the evil of that which He created
And from the evil of darkness when it settles And from the evil of the blowers in knots
And from the evil of an envier when he envies"
truthful was Allah The Most High And Great

#24    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 12,830 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 11:18 PM

View PostKnight Of Shadows, on 15 September 2012 - 10:58 PM, said:

looks like morality only exist when non-muslims being killed
but when muslims get killed there's always justifications .. some morals :D

glad the guy made it out in one piece .. did he ?
coz if some " western " country were to look for exucse to do something. . they'll kill him there
and yep .. use some puppet .. say like osama bin laden .. and  the rest is clear
Only to fanatics that always have excuses ready to hand.  Constantly using made up CT's to answer every situation that looks bad for your people is lame, KoS.

#25    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:14 AM

View Postquestionmark, on 15 September 2012 - 09:04 PM, said:

That must be because somebody of your religion tried to shoot John Paul II. Before that there was no popemobil.

My religion?

View Postand then, on 15 September 2012 - 10:55 PM, said:

The fact that you find the attempted assassination of a pope funny just shows your level of intelligence and morality.  Your idiocy is showing little guy ;)

You come out with some grade A bull.....

I never laughed at the assassination attempt, but I also have 0 respect for the pope. I'm intelligent enough to know more about the history of your religion than you do... So I must be a lot more intelligent than you. I'm also not stupid enough to let a religion cloud my judgement and views.

It's hilarious that you are speaking down to me like that, typical of a religious bigot. Maybe one day you will grow up and and learn about reality.

#26    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 5,991 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:29 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

The christian faith is based on the belief in a man that was crucified on a cross - God didn't intervene and prevent that, so why would a "Pope" expect him to do so on his behalf?

Faith is not about circumventing cause and effect but comprehending the nature and of it - bullet proof glass is a pretty good comprehension imo.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#27    Knight Of Shadows

Knight Of Shadows

Shadow Dancer

• 5,251 posts

• Rest In Peace A.B

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:56 AM

View Postand then, on 15 September 2012 - 11:18 PM, said:

Only to fanatics that always have excuses ready to hand.  Constantly using made up CT's to answer every situation that looks bad for your people is lame, KoS.
i see .. say like example of usa attacking iraq for excuse coz of nuclear weapons which were never found ? yeah real fanatics i see what you mean

Edited by Knight Of Shadows, 16 September 2012 - 08:57 AM.

by the name of Allah the Gracious the Merciful
Say, "I seek refuge in the Lord of daybreak From the evil of that which He created
And from the evil of darkness when it settles And from the evil of the blowers in knots
And from the evil of an envier when he envies"
truthful was Allah The Most High And Great

#28    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 34,244 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:58 AM

View PostKnight Of Shadows, on 16 September 2012 - 08:56 AM, said:

i see .. say like example of usa attacking iraq for excuse coz on nuclear weapons which were never found ? yeah real fanatics i see what you mean

That somebody else acts like an ar$ehole is not a valid excuse to do it yourself, at least not there where they pretend to be civilized.

Edited by questionmark, 16 September 2012 - 08:58 AM.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#29    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:20 AM

View PostlibstaK, on 16 September 2012 - 01:29 AM, said:

The christian faith is based on the belief in a man that was crucified on a cross - God didn't intervene and prevent that, so why would a "Pope" expect him to do so on his behalf?

Faith is not about circumventing cause and effect but comprehending the nature and of it - bullet proof glass is a pretty good comprehension imo.

Wasn't that because God let it happen on purpose? Wasn't it part of the plan? That's the impression I get form the bible. Pretty much says that it's gods will if you are to die. So if the Pope had that much Faith in God who would beleive that he would only be killed if he was meant to be.

#30    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 5,991 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:28 AM

View PostCoffey, on 16 September 2012 - 10:20 AM, said:

Wasn't that because God let it happen on purpose? Wasn't it part of the plan? That's the impression I get form the bible. Pretty much says that it's gods will if you are to die. So if the Pope had that much Faith in God who would beleive that he would only be killed if he was meant to be.
That's easy - you don't test God on these matters.  He has also placed the Pope in a time, place and the wherewithall to obtain a bulletproof "pope mobile", to say no to that is to put God to the test gratuitously.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

Also tagged with middle east, pope, lebanon, religion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users