Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why that Username?

Mr Black

Thought i would start a thread asking "Why that username", as i am sure you will all agree there are some pretty cool and bizarre username's flying about. Why did you choose yours?

Mine is obvious, Jack Black Freakin' rocks..................Yeah baby

Mine is simple, my initials followed by tribute to a diehard habit.

Nice thread....

I have had mine for years on yahoo back when i used to flirt with all the pretty pictures of the girls who claimed that they were actually the person in the picture, and, well that was not always the case.... :no:

The One For You To See

the14u2cee

I used to be a huge Panic! At the Disco fan a while ago. I still like them, but not so much anymore, but I've stuck with the name Rowan! At the Disco because I'm rather attached to it. :)

Edited by Rowan! At The Disco

Well, any of you who've been here far too long probably (don't) know that I used to go by "FalseProphet"-which is a long story in and of itself. But the one I have now has a lot of meaning. It's in part about me overcoming a lot of trials in my life, and in part a reference to a poem I wrote not too long ago about my feelings for my special someone. Hope that clears things up. :)

Empress Star XVII. Two of the most pretty cards in the tarot deck. XVII is the roman numeral for the star card. I've had this name for years and I still use it when I sign up for anything.

Mine was a nickname from an old boyfriend that 'grew'....... he called me Little, then Lit-tol, then Tol, Then Tiltol and Tilly... I wonder if I still have a thing for him after 34 years!

My starsign is Scorpio. But that username was already taken, and so was scorpion. So I ended up with The_Scorpion <_<

Thought i would start a thread asking "Why that username", as i am sure you will all agree there are some pretty cool and bizarre username's flying about. Why did you choose yours?

Mine is obvious, Jack Black Freakin' rocks..................Yeah baby

Ok - here goes...

Being a musician I get to play some pretty bizarre shows. One show in particular was up in the Thousand Islands with a former band.

People who have houses/ summer homes on these islands are usually VERY well off. The singer agreed to take a gig at some pearl heiress's island summer home for some sort of family reunion/ party they were having.

We had to load all of our gear and PA system onto a few separate boats and take a 45 minute boat ride out to this island. We were told that there was a small stair case that we would have to carry our gear up from the dock and that the house was not far from the stairs. Definitely not the case. We got there and there was this steep staircase about 2 stories tall that we had to carry some pretty heavy equipment up. We get to the top of the staircase and that house that was supposed to be not far from the stairs... well, it was actually about a football field away. I guess wealthy people either (a) have a horrible sense of measurement - or (B) just like to mess with people that they think they can.

I figured (B) for the most part and here is where my fun began.

I noticed that almost everyone at this reunion/party had 'peel and stick' nametags on... whooo boy was I going to have some fun with this.

I picked up a nametag and just wrote 'Biff' on it... just trying to be funny. The really funny part is that partygoers were coming up to me actually believing that my name was Biff... some of them asked where I was from etc... One asked what my last name was and for once in my life I had a snappy resonse... I stood proudly and made up the last name and stated it very loudly "SPLITKINS"... my whole band turned and looked at me and I thought they were going to fall over laughing.... The partygoer extends his hand out to shake mine and says "Biff Splitkins --- it's very nice to meet you."

... that's the story behind my username. Hope it wasn't one of those "I guess you had to be there" stories.

• Like 2

Back in the early/mid 90's I used the name Pandora for all my chatting needs. They would call me Pandy which ending up sticking. Distorted because well, anyone who knows me knows I see things in a very distorted manner.

So there it is, distortedpandy

Pandy is also a serial killer, but that really isn't my reasoning for having this name.

• Like 1

Pandy is also a serial killer, but that really isn't my reasoning for having this name.

...or is it... :unsure:

Edited by crtbud420
  • Like 1

For all those who know me...know what it means.............for the rest, keep guessing. :P

Oh and.....the '1989' isn't what you might think it is.

Peace Out! linked-image

• Like 2

For all those who know me...know what it means.............for the rest, keep guessing. :P

Oh and.....the '1989' isn't what you might think it is.

Peace Out! linked-image

Mysterious.... *strokes chin ponderously*

Yea, mine's kind of stupid but whatever, it has it's reasons.

I'm the youngest of 4 children ALL of them like 10 years old than me) anyway, for some reason I've become the family matriarch. NOT by choice...so I chose She-ra, the Princes of Power. The strongest of the 4 kids, even though I'm the baby of the family; I'm the trouble-shooter and peacemaker. UGH. Not that I enjoy it...just came to be that way.

Oh yea and for all of you guys that DON'T Know... He-man is my BROTHER (actually my twin brother in the old cartoon show) So...when you say can I be your he-man? It makes me want to puke :).

Ta-ta...Jody :)

Edit: I can't speeeeeeeeeeel

Edited by She-ra

It's a song by Alice Cooper about **********.

Rock on **********!

:mellow:

Edited by crtbud420

Self-explanatory.

Advice for the day: You cannot change who you are. So why try?

Mine is a nik name that my friends and hubby have been calling me since i was 13 or 14 and i thought why not! Might as well stick to it! :yes:

swtp, is it supposed to read 'sweet pea'?

EDIT: I feel dumb for asking, but...

Edited by justcallmefox
  • Like 1