Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

The real church of Jediism

jedi church jediism yoda obi-wan kenobi star wars

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#16    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 15,560 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:07 PM

View PostRyu, on 18 October 2013 - 07:26 PM, said:

What about cookies? Do they have cookies?..and I don't mean the wimpy ones but the huge buggers that could pass for a meal.

How about boxes and boxes of oreos?

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

"All that live must die, passing through nature into eternity" ~Shakespeare~ Posted Image

#17    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,363 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:15 PM

Is Yoda, Himself or the Son of ? and whats the use of a light sabre against a gatling gun.

#18    Ryu

Ryu

Born to fail.

• 3,487 posts

• Just because I do not agree doesn't mean I don't understand.

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:27 PM

View PostLilly, on 18 October 2013 - 08:07 PM, said:

How about boxes and boxes of oreos?

Mmmm...oreos....yummers. :wub:

#19    Calibeliever

Calibeliever

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts

• The greatest of faults, I should say, is to be conscious of none. - Thomas Carlyle

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:50 PM

Why not I say. All forms of magic are the same at the core. I talk to something bigger than me, stuff happens or doesn't, I sleep better and don't worry so much. My personal form of magic comes in pints :)

#20    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

Forum Divinity

• 14,892 posts

• Sometimes the Phantom leaves the jungle, and walks the streets of the city like an ordinary man.

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:17 PM

I assume people know that the force and the religion of the jedi was deliberately  constructed and based by Lucas, on  human religions, with  their struggle between good and evil, for and in, human nature represented by the two sides of the force; just as the historical context was based on the roman republic versus empire

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world..

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

#21    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 16,822 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:27 AM

The problem with the Jedi is almost every one of the most evil men in the Star Wars Universe's history was a Jedi, or a Sith, which are just Selfish Jedi. I'll maybe read up on their Beliefs before I comment cruelly on their religion.

I do consider myself an expert on SW, having seen all the movies, and read over 50 SW novels, and owning like 200 SW comics.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#22    Almagest

Almagest

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:47 AM

So long as it doesn't degenerate into religious wars between the Jedi, Trekkies and Whovians I see no problem with it.

Personally if I had to draw my religious beliefs from a film I'd subscribe to Dudeism based on the Big Lebowski.

Life is the result of the struggle between dynamic opposites Form & Chaos, Substance & Oblivion, Light & Dark And all the infinite variations of Yin & Yang
When the pendulum swings in favour of one It will eventually swing in favour of it's opposite Thus the balance of the universe is maintained

-Jeru the Damaja

#23    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 10,717 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:40 AM

I don't see any problem with. Most of the other religions are based off of fictions as well. So be it. Jedis are cool, mabey they should integrate martial arts into the religion. Heck it sounds like a lot of fun actually. My only problem with it is that I imagine there would not be a lot of females in the religion, but that's just a gues. ;)

Edited by White Crane Feather, 20 October 2013 - 11:41 AM.

#24    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 12,586 posts

• I dunno --

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:22 PM

That was the one element of the Star Wars series that I found least necessary and in fact a distraction from the main action.  The Force seemed to have no importance except in a few special sequences tacked on as though as an afterthought.  "The Force be with you," however, does somehow seem reminiscent of "The Lord be with you."

#25    Archosaur

Archosaur

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:16 PM

What? No Sith relegion too?

#26    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

Forum Divinity

• 14,892 posts

• Sometimes the Phantom leaves the jungle, and walks the streets of the city like an ordinary man.

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:57 PM

View PostArchosaur, on 22 October 2013 - 03:16 PM, said:

They are the satanists of the force.Just take a visual look at them as portrayed in star wars. :innocent: .

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world..

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

#27    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 16,822 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:50 AM

View PostArchosaur, on 22 October 2013 - 03:16 PM, said:

They are just going Public. They will be the boys in the backyards with RED lightsabers.

Edited by DieChecker, 23 October 2013 - 01:51 AM.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#28    Lopex

Lopex

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 92 posts

• Fear is the greatest barrier to human growth.

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:50 AM

Hahahaha

#29    aearluin

aearluin

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 29 posts

• “Man is the only animal that blushes. Or needs to.”

Mark Twain

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:58 PM

It's just as valid as any other religion. Myself I like the flying spagethi monster. Seems more believable... ;)

#30    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 24,849 posts

• Paranoid Android... No power in the verse can stop me...

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:10 PM

View Postaearluin, on 25 October 2013 - 02:58 PM, said:

It's just as valid as any other religion. Myself I like the flying spagethi monster. Seems more believable... ;)
Really?.A meme invented in 2005 by a science teacher protesting Intelligent Design seems more believable? At best I think you mean they are equally believable.

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users