Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Star Trek - Into Darkness

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:08 PM

After the crew of the Enterprise find an unstoppable force of terror from within their own organization, Captain Kirk leads a manhunt to a war-zone world to capture a one man weapon of mass destruction.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#2    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 4,782 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:34 PM

Can't. Wait. Best. Villian. EVER.

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#3    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 15,309 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:19 PM

AWESOME!

I just can't wait. :w00t:

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

"All that live must die, passing through nature into eternity" ~Shakespeare~ Posted Image

#4    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,484 posts

• I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:43 PM

Looks really cool. :tu:

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#5    cultanorak

cultanorak

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 103 posts

• I imagine you have orders to destroy me?

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:59 AM

I don't like the direction that has been taken in these new films and I didn't think much of the previous film I'm also upset that the new timeline negates Star Trek TNG and DS9 from the continuity.

#6    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

Telekinetic

• Closed
  • 6,628 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:15 AM

View Postyearofthehater, on 05 March 2013 - 10:59 AM, said:

I don't like the direction that has been taken in these new films and I didn't think much of the previous film I'm also upset that the new timeline negates Star Trek TNG and DS9 from the continuity.

Don't think of it as negating from the continuity. Think of it as creating an alternate time-line, parallel to the one we know and love. After all, all the things in the series have still happened (otherwise older Spock would have blipped out of time and space).

Edited by ExpandMyMind, 05 March 2013 - 11:17 AM.

#7    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:36 PM

View Postyearofthehater, on 05 March 2013 - 10:59 AM, said:

New Star Trek Movie Takes Place In Alternate Timeline http://screenrant.co...eline-vic-4546/

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#8    ancient astronaut

ancient astronaut

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

• It Is What It Is.

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:48 AM

Can't wait!!!!!! This is pretty much the only movie I am excited about this year.

[media='funny-pic'][/media]

#9    ChewiesArmy

ChewiesArmy

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 305 posts

• When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice. - Cherokee

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:28 AM

Yeah, I haven't really thought about the movie's setting vs other Trek shows...and don't really care for that matter. IMO, the 1st Abrams Trek was better then any of the previous Star Trek movies....Kahn included. Can't wait for the 2nd one!

"And how do you know God doesn't swear? Especially taking a good look at the human race, it must be a part of his daily ritual" -Lewis Black

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users