Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 20 votes

Those Who've Seen the Hatman/Shadow People

• Please log in to reply
1401 replies to this topic

#46    scaredsilly

scaredsilly

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

• "In an open mind, there is always room to move."

Posted 13 February 2011 - 03:12 AM

... Still waiting for the hat man to make an appearance ...   :tu:

#47    Lucky7

Lucky7

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

• "We are all but compressed light" Albert Einstein

Posted 13 February 2011 - 02:15 PM

herenow, on 12 February 2011 - 12:58 PM, said:

No emotional turmoil in my experience...

I’ve seen several in the past year, though had seen none in the 50-something years before.
All were in broad daylight.
All were in a certain woods which has been full of odd things.

The first was standing by a tree near a trail.  I thought it was some Goth kid hanging out, smoking a joint or something.  He was dressed in black and wearing a hood. When I rounded the corner and came up to the tree he was gone.  It freaked me out.  Other things have happened at this tree.

The next time a small one, maybe 3 feet tall, rushed up to me from behind on a different trail.  It came up right next to me and then vanished.

The next time there were 2 small ones up in the trees.

I felt nothing negative.  I feel the 1st one was to get my attention.  To get me thinking.
The one which rushed me from behind seemed curious and had a sense of urgency.

The 3rd time I felt they were just hanging out, watching me.

So, what has made these things become ‘visible’ to some of us???

This is a very interesting encounter. So, you got the feeling that they were friendly? Well, they are visible because they also live on Earth with us. There is nothing other worldly about them, although they must know different information to us and live in a different form. I am convinced that they are just tired of being in the shadows and that they want to learn about us and possibly they want to have more human traits. Imagine living in the shadows your whole life... it must be a strange existence for them. They want to be seen. Did you feel that they were reading your mind? Did you have any other thoughts when you saw them?

#48    Lucky7

Lucky7

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 02:17 PM

scaredsilly, on 13 February 2011 - 03:12 AM, said:

... Still waiting for the hat man to make an appearance ...   :tu:

Please do not wish for that. Be glad that you have not had these experiences. It really stays in your mind and causes alot of stress.

#49    0utThere

0utThere

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 10:22 PM

Firstly, I came here by using google search "shadow people forums".

I have had encounters with shadow people and i would like to know if we people that encountered shadow people have something in common.

I have been told that on documentaries they say they are from h*ll...

i have had 4 encounters with shadow people....

Alone in my room and a shadow person (full body shot) staring at me through a turned off tv.

I saw a shadow figure run past the corner of my eyes and i thought it was my brother but it wasn't, he was busy in a room doing something else

I was sitting down on a computer, i saw a shadow walking up to me, i was moving to see if it was mine but it wasn't and the shadow kept walking towards me (Gave me goosebumps), i looked back and there was nothing there

I was on the computer and my cat was next to me, it started to stare in the corner and It's eyes got big and i looked into its eyes and i saw a shadow figure in the corner

from my last encounter with shadow people i believe thats cats really are something like what the egyptians thought of them to be (or something)

but anyway.. I would like to know if we all have something in common, coming close to death? depression? there maybe has to be something

Btw, i think from that encounter with the tv i saw the hatman

#50    0utThere

0utThere

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 10:24 PM

Sevenof Seven, on 13 February 2011 - 02:17 PM, said:

Please do not wish for that. Be glad that you have not had these experiences. It really stays in your mind and causes alot of stress.

Also, If i could make a choice to encounter shadow people or not, i would choose not to. You have no Idea how scary it is.

#51    Setton

Setton

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 10:29 PM

0utThere, on 13 February 2011 - 10:22 PM, said:

Alone in my room and a shadow person (full body shot) staring at me through a turned off tv.

I know this sounds obvious but are you sure it wasn't your own reflection? I know you checked the other occasions so I'm guessing you did with this too.

As to the other occasions they sound about usual (though I find the cat interesting :) )

Can you tell us how you felt at the time/what was going on in life? I know some people see them when feeling stressed, depressed etc.

'Good' is not the same as 'nice'.
'No, murder is running your broadsword through someone because he worships a different God to you... Or is that evangelism? I get confused.'
When they discover the centre of the universe, a lot of people are going to be disappointed - They are not it.
I don't object to the concept of a deity but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.

#52    Drayno

Drayno

Reverend Dudemeister

• 3,615 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 10:34 PM

I have not seen 'Shadow people' in a while.

Ironically, it was these experiences one shaken night that led me to joining this forum for advice.

The air seems very still, kept well. Maybe not structured - for when you see them in the corner of your eye it is unsettling at first. After the unnerving delirium to adjust, breathe. You anticipate to see more - or even perhaps the same one. Once you get used to it the same feeling comes back, though more contained. You realize it is just a common occurrence now. They may continue after that. Or they may vanish altogether.

I have seen one walking through my dresser, sitting in my chair beside my bed; I heard someone sitting there, and saw a shadow in the sliding glass mirror closet door I had. I have also seen one in the reflection on a golden knob that opens my pantry. The most often I did encounter them was in hallways, it seemed. The fact I had more than one encounter outside of the hallways encouraged me that it was not an optical illusion created by lighting.

Odd phenomenon.

"A belief is like a guillotine, just as heavy, just as light." - Franz Kafka

#53    0utThere

0utThere

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 10:37 PM

Setton, on 13 February 2011 - 10:29 PM, said:

I know this sounds obvious but are you sure it wasn't your own reflection? I know you checked the other occasions so I'm guessing you did with this too.

As to the other occasions they sound about usual (though I find the cat interesting :) )

Can you tell us how you felt at the time/what was going on in life? I know some people see them when feeling stressed, depressed etc.

With the Tv, that was not me in the reflection, i was sitting down, it was standing up.

Well, im pretty much always pessimistic and at one point i was very depressed. SevenofSeven says that we all may have "Emotional turmoil". This may be the case.

#54    Setton

Setton

Psychic Spy

• 1,509 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 11:27 PM

0utThere, on 13 February 2011 - 10:37 PM, said:

With the Tv, that was not me in the reflection, i was sitting down, it was standing up.

Well, im pretty much always pessimistic and at one point i was very depressed. SevenofSeven says that we all may have "Emotional turmoil". This may be the case.

Thought so. Just checking :)

Yes, I've seen that comment and it seems to match the majority of people who see them but i know myself and a few others have seen them without any emotional turmoil. Mine seem to be associated with home. I see them reasonably often there (maybe 1 or 2 a year) but none here at uni as yet. I wonder if there're different kinds; some associated with places, some with emotions?

'Good' is not the same as 'nice'.
'No, murder is running your broadsword through someone because he worships a different God to you... Or is that evangelism? I get confused.'
When they discover the centre of the universe, a lot of people are going to be disappointed - They are not it.
I don't object to the concept of a deity but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.

#55    Lucky7

Lucky7

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 01:27 AM

Setton, on 13 February 2011 - 11:27 PM, said:

Thought so. Just checking :)

Yes, I've seen that comment and it seems to match the majority of people who see them but i know myself and a few others have seen them without any emotional turmoil. Mine seem to be associated with home. I see them reasonably often there (maybe 1 or 2 a year) but none here at uni as yet. I wonder if there're different kinds; some associated with places, some with emotions?

That is an interesting idea, Setton. It has been suggested that they have a heirarchy and it would not surpise me to find out that they also serve different purposes. Perhaps it is emotion that draws them. Deep emotions. Having said that, I've never heard of anyone seeing them on their wedding day or a graduation day or a celebratory ocassion, but they seem to show up at times of suffering, illness, divorce, death. ?

#56    Lucky7

Lucky7

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 01:33 AM

Perhaps they are interested in the human condition, but the negative side of our existence that is filled with fear, self-doubt, self-loathing. My advice to everyone is to overcome your fears, face them, be as confident in yourself that you are able to be and push this dark force away. And to the people that have had good experiences, I say good for you but I wouldn't be so quick to think that this force is a good one. It may just be in disguise.

#57    BlackCurtains

BlackCurtains

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 01:55 AM

Why do they have to be "good" or "bad"? These are human constructs not found in nature. In nature there is only beneficial and hindrance, success and failure, stimulus and response.

They aren't people. They probably aren't even a "they" Who has been hurt? Show me someone who has a real reason to be oh-so-afraid of this phenomenon. I see them all the time and I always have. Never ONCE did anything negative ever happen.

Maybe the issue isn't the shadow figures at all. Maybe it's you.

Edited by BlackCurtains, 14 February 2011 - 01:56 AM.

#58    soulfire78

soulfire78

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 462 posts

• It's not what happens to you in life that matters, it's what you do about it that counts...

Posted 14 February 2011 - 02:00 AM

I can tell you my experience was terrifying to me. I was sixteen, and dabbling in the occult at the time. One evening, I was having a very difficult time getting to sleep. I was tossing and turning in bed, when I began to feel apprehensive. I had the feeling that I was not alone in my very small bedroom. I half sat up in bed, and looking out my window, saw the shadowy outline of a man's shadow outside my window. I should pause to tell you that I lived in a second-story apartment, and there were no trees, no ledges, and no other means for someone to be standing outside my window. I was struck dumb, unable to call for help, and unable to scream. I looked away, then at the window again, and the shadow was gone. I began to get out of bed to go to my mother, when I realized that the shadow of a very tall man stood in the doorway of my room. There was only the dark shadow of this thing, no discernible features, which is strange, because the streetlamps outside should have thrown some kind of light on it. I became very child-like in that moment, pulling the covers up over my head, and reciting every prayer I knew, to any god or goddess that would listen. After several quiet minutes, I slowly pulled down the covers and found myself alone in the room. I scrambled to the end of the bed, and reached for the light switch next to the door. I had nearly reached it, hoping to dissipate the darkness, when I heard a growl, like that of a very large and very pissed off dog. It sounded like it was on the floor next to my bed, and stopped as soon as I stopped trying to turn on the light. Needless to say, I did not sleep for the rest of the night. I sat up in bed, in the corner farthest from the door, with my back up against the wall until the sun rose outside my window. Only then did I turn on the light and open my door. Feeling safer, I fell asleep for a few hours until I heard the rest of my family waking for the day. I initially dismissed my night terror as just a bad dream with a terrible misinterpretation of time sequence, until I spoke with my very skeptical step-sister. She walked past me in the hall, and mentioned the strange dream she'd had about a shadowy man floating outside her window. Every time I retell this story, the hair on my arms still raises.

She walks in beauty, like the night
Of cloudless climes and starry skies;
And all that 's best of dark and bright
Meet in her aspect and her eyes:
Thus mellow'd to that tender light
Which heaven to gaudy day denies.
One shade the more, one ray the less,
Had half impair'd the nameless grace
Which waves in every raven tress,
Or softly lightens o'er her face;
Where thoughts serenely sweet express
How pure, how dear their dwelling-place.

And on that cheek, and o'er that brow,
So soft, so calm, yet eloquent,
The smiles that win, the tints that glow,
But tell of days in goodness spent,
A mind at peace with all below,
A heart whose love is innocent!

Lord Byron

#59    Its Mii

Its Mii

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

• I'm not like them,
    but I can pretend.
    The sun is gone,
    but I have a light .
    The day is done,
    but I'm having fun.

Posted 14 February 2011 - 02:16 AM

In a way I think you are correct. It may be only our ignorance that causes the fear. We fear what we don't understand. It is not something normal, not everyone will believe such a story, because it is so taboo we are afraid. However I do think there is something very eerie about it on another level. I'm not sure what it is, but it is certainly part of life. Weather it's physical , spiritual, or part of our psyche i'm not sure. It would be very interesting to see a scientific study about this, to try and figure out exactly what it is.

Edit: @BlackCurtains

Edited by Dharma Deviant, 14 February 2011 - 02:17 AM.

Don't mistake coincidance for fate.

#60    -Jaded.Silhouette-

-Jaded.Silhouette-

Psychic Spy

• 1,271 posts

• "...what is truth for us today may be just a stepping stone to a higher understanding that may be given to us tomorrow." -Jwnody

Posted 14 February 2011 - 04:16 AM

My mother and I saw a shadow person about three or so years ago -- we were the only two in the house and the lights that were on were in such a fashion that it is physically impossible for a shadow to be cast along the wall that he walked near. We have always cast it aside -- however, our neighbors were talking with my mother about a figure they saw -- the way they describe it could be a confederate soldier or, what seems to fit more to me, something closer to the Hatman.. The woman who told my mother about it lives across the street. When she had seen him, she did all she could to cast it off as being part of a light night grogginess -- until her daughter came running into her room the next night because she had seen the same man.

The area my mother lives in seems to have this haunting in common -- the figure has been seen in the house across from hers and the house directly behind hers. The only thing I don't see in the description of what I have looked up -- and I could have overlooked -- is the fact the man also wielded a knife.

The people behind my mother described a similar figure, but it peered out at them from their closet doorway, its eyes seeming to glow red.

Edited by -Jaded.Silhouette-, 14 February 2011 - 04:28 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users