Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Show us your EGO!

Professor T

Ok, I'm being deliberately vague with this.

I'm sure most of us have one or to nemesis in the Community who clash because there's just something about their posts/attitute/style that doesn't sit well with our own EGO's..

So, show us your Egos.

And let's discuss & define what Ego actually is.

And pick apart each other's Ego.

• Like 2

I say the sun has the biggest ego of them all. Stupid bright ball in the sky!

funny-puns-his-ego-makes-him-blind.jpg

• Like 6

What does my ego seem like to you? How do I come across online....? If you don't mind telling me. I know I am different online than I am in real life because I comment on a lot of stuff and in real life I am generally quiet.

• Like 2

eggo_chase.gif

Hey come back here!

It's getting away!

• Like 5

"I'm too great to be a narcissist! WHY CAN'T ANY OF YOU FOOLS SEE THAT?!!" —Rob and Elliot

Hasina!!

You're one of my "Dang that girl has a big Ego" people.. lol..

I perceive you as being very self orientated, that perception is due to the fact that you change your avatar twice a day.. I also imagine you have two a walk-in wardrobes. One for Wigs, the other for clothes.. I don't believe you are selfish though.. But you place far to much importance on how other people percieve you.

Am I right?

Great Analogy..

Edited by Professor T

to quote the great Bob Dylan... "The suns not yellow... It's chicken!"

• Like 2

Ok, I'm being deliberately vague with this.

I'm sure most of us have one or to nemesis in the Community who clash because there's just something about their posts/attitute/style that doesn't sit well with our own EGO's..

So, show us your Egos.

And let's discuss & define what Ego actually is.

And pick apart each other's Ego.

Who am i speaking to? You or your ego?

• Like 2

What does my ego seem like to you? How do I come across online....? If you don't mind telling me. I know I am different online than I am in real life because I comment on a lot of stuff and in real life I am generally quiet.

I personally think you are more aware of Ego than others..

I percieve your first Ego as kind of vague and airy fairy actually.. (no offence intended) I think you do this on purpose as a kind of defence mechanism (if that makes sence). I think you hide behind that. Your 2nd Ego (real one) is stronger and more in your face..

That's how I percieve your Ego anyway, as kind of split in two..

Am I right?

Edited by Professor T

Hasina!!

You're one of my "Dang that girl has a big Ego" people.. lol..

I perceive you as being very self orientated, that perception is due to the fact that you change your avatar twice a day.. I also imagine you have two a walk-in wardrobes. One for Wigs, the other for clothes.. I don't believe you are selfish though.. But theing to place far to much importance on how other people percieve you.

Am I right?

Great Analogy..

Lol, to be honest, I haven't a clue. I wouldn't say I'm self-oriented, but I would agree with the fact that I do put importance on how others perceive me. Here's the thing though, I don't know who 'I' am, what is it about these wigs and clothing that make me feel like me while not looking like myself?

I always say I can never 'self-analyze' cause whenever I try to 'explain myself' or 'who I am' I feel like I'm describing someone else, or that I'm lying. I'd rather other's formulate their own ideas and go from there.

• Like 2

I percieve your first Ego as kind of vague and airy fairy actually.. (no offence intended) I think you do this on purpose as a kind of defence mechanism (if that makes sence). I think you hide behind that. Your 2nd Ego (real one) is stronger and more in your face..

Am I right?

Yeah I think so professor T, I know I do have defense mechanisms, mostly they cut people off or flee from harm and go into an unpenetratable hiding place, being shy all my life I've learned to do this well.... This vagueness is even more apparent in real life, I think your on to something. And yes I feel I also have a strength and that is understanding we all have something to offer and that I am not the master of all knowledge, but I am a part of it and that has it's own value....

• Like 3

So should I analyze your ego now..... Ok I'll give it a go, I've never done this before T....!

Ok here goes. I think you are very thoughtful and a deep thinker but you get nervous sometimes and second guess your responses, I also think at sometimes you seek outside validation but you are breaking out of this pattern. I think that you have a very kind heart and do not wish ill on anyone. I think you get depressed sometimes but are beginning to discover ways to break out of it and that involves spiritual techniques and writing.

I wish I could say something about your involvement with aliens, but I don't know anything about that!!! :D

How'd I do?

(thank you for this exercise I have a problem never wanting to offend anyone, I stepped out of my comfort zone with this post.)

• Like 4

Am I right?

But I don't think it's on purpose (the vagueness) as far as being planned out, it is more natural. Sometimes I do plan out responses to try to diplomatic, but not vague....

Be*

• Like 1

Lol, to be honest, I haven't a clue. I wouldn't say I'm self-oriented, but I would agree with the fact that I do put importance on how others perceive me. Here's the thing though, I don't know who 'I' am, what is it about these wigs and clothing that make me feel like me while not looking like myself?

I always say I can never 'self-analyze' cause whenever I try to 'explain myself' or 'who I am' I feel like I'm describing someone else, or that I'm lying. I'd rather other's formulate their own ideas and go from there.

Ouch, not sure I can relate, but I'll give it a go and I sure hope someone else will jump in if I'm wrong because in no way am I an expert on this subject..

Ego is a false perception of Self.. It is concerned with how the World Perceives it as opposed to what it really is..

Our True Selfs are, real beings that are connected to the world, not seperated from it.

I think your inability to analyse your self or explain youself comes from having an Ego that has overpowered your true self. This would make it seem as though (when trying to self analyse) you are seperated from your self.. (I think this is actually a good thing because your Ego and your True Self are seperated. I've done this before.. Just keep asking yourself these questions about yourself.. Eventually, your Higher Self will rise to the surface and then you can answers..

It's quite empowering to learn about your true self.

Don't rely on other people to define who you are. If you do that, you are owned.. But if you define yourself, no one owns you but your true self.

Edited by Professor T
  • Like 6

So should I analyze your ego now..... Ok I'll give it a go, I've never done this before T....!

Ok here goes. I think you are very thoughtful and a deep thinker but you get nervous sometimes and second guess your responses, I also think at sometimes you seek outside validation but you are breaking out of this pattern. I think that you have a very kind heart and do not wish ill on anyone. I think you get depressed sometimes but are beginning to discover ways to break out of it and that involves spiritual techniques and writing.

I wish I could say something about your involvement with aliens, but I don't know anything about that!!! :D

How'd I do?

(thank you for this exercise I have a problem never wanting to offend anyone, I stepped out of my comfort zone with this post.)

Awesome..

Deep thinker, yes.. I just spent nearly half an hour concentrating on my response to Hasina..

I think you are pretty much bang on, especially with second guessing and seeking validation.. Well done.. :tu:

I'm rather amazed that peoples perceptions of others seems quite accurate..

• Like 2

I'm taking bets on how many pages we can manage before it all ends in tears and Saru closes the thread!

image3.gif

I would like people to describe my ego(thought about a capital 'E' there but decided it would look bad .... bit of a giveaway, huh?!), because I feel a bit like Hasina, it's difficult to tell what's real and what's just a 'front' for the world to see.

Also, I assume that people choose an avatar because it says something about them, and this affects how I 'receive' their posts/opinions/views.

Edited by ouija ouija
  • Like 2

Yeah, this topic could easily become a good source of flamebaiting.

• Like 1

Who am i speaking to? You or your ego?

Tee hee..

What do you think?

I think you define yourself by your actions..

I've not been involved with many of your posts, but I think your Ego is kind of Aloof most of the time..

Speeking from one (alter-ego) Professor to another, lol, your Ego is easily bruised when someone points out that your facts are wrong, which is why you spend a lot of time making sure your facts are correct before posting them..

Am I Right?

The problem with ego is that the majority of those who have it don't realize it. That's partly why they're so egotistical...

• Like 3

I'd love to join in but I can't show you my Ego......it's way, way, wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too big to fit in here.

• Like 2

I'd love to join in but I can't show you my Ego......it's way, way, wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too big to fit in here.

Seemed to fit just fine in that post.

• Like 2

Well just stick the a£$e-end in then and we'll work with that :lol:

Actually, joking aside, I think you probably do have a big personality(and you know I mean that in a good way), but you very rarely allow it to let rip ...... I wonder why that is?

Edited by ouija ouija
  • Like 1

I believe that knowing my Ego is huuuuuumongous-ly overwhelmingly massive beyond of my actual true comprehension..... Kind of keeps it in check enough to function most of the time.

How about you?

• Like 1

I believe that knowing my Ego is huuuuuumongous-ly overwhelmingly massive beyond of my actual true comprehension..... Kind of keeps it in check enough to function most of the time.

How about you?

That's a very scary thought because it rings true ....... if we all acted as our true selves, all of the time, with no consideration of what others might think ...............

• Like 1

I've been working on taming my ego for years, but haven't always been successful. The trick is, not just humility, but not living under labels. In certain esoteric circles they call labeling oneself, selfsabotage. Anyway, that's were it usually starts, even from childhood, by someone giving us labels and us labeling ourselves as we grow up. Therefore, we define ourselves under "i" and the labels follow from there on out.

It's very tricky, but you haft to observe yourself from outside yourself and how you react to other people. You don't really ask yourself any questions, you just observe and take notice.

Edited by Purifier
  • Like 4