Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

2nd Amendment

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#61    HerNibs

HerNibs

Grand Duchess Anaesthesia

• 12,048 posts

• Endless repetition does not make something true.

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:04 PM

View PostCorp, on 15 November 2012 - 05:03 PM, said:

So infowars as a source and FEMA camps being brought up. Well good that people are using calm logical reasoning instead of baseless emotional parania. :rolleyes:

Duh, what did you expect?

:P

Nibs

Just because it is a mystery to YOU doesn't make it unexplained.

STORM - a must watch - caution, some profanity and may cause you to experience reason.

#62    aztek

aztek

Alien Abducter

• 5,320 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:05 PM

View PostHerNibs, on 15 November 2012 - 05:02 PM, said:

Umm...yeah, it can be ILLEGALLY converted.  If the plan is to own a fully auto weapon then I don't think the fact that conversion is illegal will stop someone.

Nibs

my point exactly, just like laws wont stop you from doing it, they will nether stop anyone from getting a gun. that is why i don't like gun control, it is just bunch of new laws, that crooks ignore anyway.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#63    aztek

aztek

Alien Abducter

• 5,320 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:09 PM

there are quite a few semi auto hunting rifles, that don't look anything like assult look alikes. and they fire more powerfull cartriges than assult rifles.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#64    aztek

aztek

Alien Abducter

• 5,320 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:11 PM

actually assult rifle ban didn't ban real assult rifles to ppl that have class 3 license, even silencers are legal to sell, use, if you have such license. neither it stopped crooks from getting guns. nor it helped to curb crime. why even bother reinstating it.

it is just as useless as nyc gun fingerprint program, that wasted millions, and never helped to solve a single crime according to nypd.

Edited by aztek, 15 November 2012 - 05:13 PM.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#65    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,950 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:13 PM

View PostHerNibs, on 15 November 2012 - 05:04 PM, said:

Duh, what did you expect?

Nibs

On UM? I expected everyone to reject the paranoid hyperbole, laugh at how silly the entire situation was, and then focus on more practice issues in calm debates full of mutual respect. I mean isn't that what always happens?

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#66    EllJay

EllJay

Poltergeist

• 2,402 posts

• Today We Are Creating Tomorrow's Yesterday

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:15 PM

It seems like many DD-preppers are actually longing for the chaos, death and despair that would follow.
Maybe not longing for death, but more for sitting alone in a cabin up in the hills -bunkered up with food water any guns enough to invade a small country- and pick off anyone coming near.
Almost like they want back the lawless wild west where lead did the talking and no ****er gave a crap if you were dead or alive.

Edited by EllJay, 15 November 2012 - 05:16 PM.

"Opinions are like a**holes, everyone seems to have one" - Dirty Harry

"All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand... "

"I have a black belt in Feng Shui, the subtle martial art. I go home to you and move a lamp and a chair... twelve years later you lay there on the floor with broken kneecaps and destitute."

#67    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,010 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:16 PM

View PostEllJay, on 15 November 2012 - 05:15 PM, said:

It seems like many DD-preppers are actually longing for the chaos, death and despair that would follow.
Maybe not longing for death, but more for sitting alone in a cabin up in the hills -bunkered up with food water any guns enough to invade a small country- and pick off anyone coming near.
Almost like they want back the lawless wild west where led did the talking and no ****er gave a crap if you were dead or alive.

It is the "good old times" syndrome... where anybody who has been there can only confirm the "old" part.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#68    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sempere aude

• 2,568 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:20 PM

View Postaztek, on 15 November 2012 - 04:50 PM, said:

actually you wrong again.

here civilan guns, are not limied to pistols, 3006 hunting rifle will make a lot bigger hole in person\animal than ak, or ar rifle. and it shoots farther, some are semi auto, just like assult guns look alike. not to mention magnum cartriges, we also have shotguns, and pistols that use rifle ammunition. so in some cases pistols here will do a lot more damage than ak or ar.
I am not wrong; my statement is correct. We are talking about different things, and I get the feeling you are implying to much into my posts. A gun's killing ability is not only detirmined by the size of the bullet, but also by many other factors. I can put 5-10 shots in a target with an assault rifle, single shot, but only 1 or 2 with a hunting rifle at the same time (as long as you are not Lee Harvey Oswald). There are surely many more.

An assault rifle is designed for this very purpose, while a hunting rifle is designed for a precise strike over a long distance. That people may use an AK for hunting (seriously? That gun is so inaccurate) changes nothing about it's intended purpose.

Also, a semi-auto gun fires as fast as I pull the trigger. No need for full auto, which I have found only useful for suppressive fire in a combat situation anyway.

#69    aztek

aztek

Alien Abducter

• 5,320 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:31 PM

View PostFLOMBIE, on 15 November 2012 - 05:20 PM, said:

. A gun's killing ability is not only detirmined by the size of the bullet, but also by many other factors. I can put 5-10 shots in a target with an assault rifle, single shot, but only 1 or 2 with a hunting rifle at the same time (as long as you are not Lee Harvey Oswald).

yea, here is is determined by the way it looks apperantly.  there are sami auto hunting rifles as well here.

ppl do hunt with ak, nothing wrong with that 100-150 yards is close enough for ak to be more than usefull, and accurate, in right hands.  seen it done hundreds of times.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#70    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,010 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:35 PM

View PostFLOMBIE, on 15 November 2012 - 05:20 PM, said:

A gun's killing ability is not only detirmined by the size of the bullet, but also by many other factors.

It is hardly determined by the size of the bullet. Even a .22 Long Rifle can kill at a greater distance than anybody could shoot it straight.

The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#71    aztek

aztek

Alien Abducter

• 5,320 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:40 PM

actually it is determined by bullet energy, we have laws which dictate what caliber gun can be used for what game, even if .22 can kill someone 500 yars away by accedent, it doesn't mean anything.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#72    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sempere aude

• 2,568 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:42 PM

View Postaztek, on 15 November 2012 - 05:31 PM, said:

yea, here is is determined by the way it looks apperantly.  there are sami auto hunting rifles as well here.

ppl do hunt with ak, nothing wrong with that 100-150 yards is close enough for ak to be more than usefull, and accurate, in right hands.  seen it done hundreds of times.
I was not taling about the looks. A .44 Colt looks scarier than a FAMAS, in my opinion.

I do believe you that people successfully hunt with an AK, but that would never be my choice. It's ridiculous to campare an AK and a proper hunting rifle in terms of accuracy. I would think of them as posers, who do that for the implied coolness factor of the AK.

#73    EllJay

EllJay

Poltergeist

• 2,402 posts

• Today We Are Creating Tomorrow's Yesterday

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:48 PM

I dont think some people would be satisfied until they have a M61 Vulcan in their bedroom window, or mounted on their pickup.
With a ROF around 6000 rounds/min maybe they feel a bit "safer".

"Opinions are like a**holes, everyone seems to have one" - Dirty Harry

"All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand... "

"I have a black belt in Feng Shui, the subtle martial art. I go home to you and move a lamp and a chair... twelve years later you lay there on the floor with broken kneecaps and destitute."

#74    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,010 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:52 PM

View PostEllJay, on 15 November 2012 - 05:48 PM, said:

I dont think some people would be satisfied until they have a M61 Vulcan in their bedroom window, or mounted on their pickup.
With a ROF around 6000 rounds/min maybe they feel a bit "safer".

yeh, but they would probably need a second mortgage to pay for a full magazine :devil:

about me

#75    aztek

aztek

Alien Abducter

• 5,320 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:54 PM

View PostFLOMBIE, on 15 November 2012 - 05:42 PM, said:

I do believe you that people successfully hunt with an AK, but that would never be my choice. It's ridiculous to campare an AK and a proper hunting rifle in terms of accuracy. I would think of them as posers, who do that for the implied coolness factor of the AK.

i beg to differ, if i hunt game 100-150 yards away, and ak does that just fine, i don't see why it is a poor choice, the rifles does what i need it to do, reliable in any condition, and ammo costs pennies. it has absolutely nothing to do with the way it looks.
i call posers ppl that come at the range\woods with 2000 dollar rifle, with 1000 dollar scope, but can't hit a barn from 100 yards, those are posers.

Edited by aztek, 15 November 2012 - 05:54 PM.

RESIDENT TROLL.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users