Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

The blood red lake in France

red lake france camargue

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16    pallidin

pallidin

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,174 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:30 PM

Stunning pics. I've never been to France, sure hope to someday.

#17    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,195 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:24 AM

Members are reminded that personal insults and attacks on other members will not be tolerated, please review the rules if unfamiliar with them before posting.

3c. Profanity: Do not use profanity, crude, vulgar language or attempt to intentionally bypass the profanity filter.
3f. Abusive behaviour: Do not be rude, insulting, offensive, snide, obnoxious or abusive towards other members

Please remember this is a family friendly site.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#18    Paracelse

Paracelse

Government Agent

• 4,074 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:21 PM

View PostlibstaK, on 14 August 2012 - 10:24 AM, said:

Members are reminded that personal insults and attacks on other members will not be tolerated, please review the rules if unfamiliar with them before posting.

3c. Profanity: Do not use profanity, crude, vulgar language or attempt to intentionally bypass the profanity filter.
3f. Abusive behaviour: Do not be rude, insulting, offensive, snide, obnoxious or abusive towards other members

Please remember this is a family friendly site.

????????????

Those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither Benjamin Franklin
République No.6
It's time for a sixth republic.

#19    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,195 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:18 AM

View PostParacelse, on 14 August 2012 - 12:21 PM, said:

????????????
I removed the offending posts Paracelse - they weren't yours :)

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#20    goodgodno

goodgodno

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 48 posts

• Explore. Dream. Discover.

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:41 PM

I was perplexed when reading this as I did not believe chloride concentrations precipitate out of the water red.  Usually chloride precipitates white (in my experience).  The closest chemical reason I have seen to produce a red precipitate like this is iron oxide, usually when there is ARD drainage from a mine nearby.  Turns out after a quick google search red salts are very possible.  Learn something new everyday.

#21    Paracelse

Paracelse

Government Agent

• 4,074 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:32 PM

View Postgoodgodno, on 18 August 2012 - 11:41 PM, said:

I was perplexed when reading this as I did not believe chloride concentrations precipitate out of the water red.  Usually chloride precipitates white (in my experience).  The closest chemical reason I have seen to produce a red precipitate like this is iron oxide, usually when there is ARD drainage from a mine nearby.  Turns out after a quick google search red salts are very possible.  Learn something new everyday.
Southern France has only bauxite mines, I have no idea if there would be an effect on the salty waters mixing with the soft waters of the Rhone river.

Those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither Benjamin Franklin
République No.6
It's time for a sixth republic.

Also tagged with red, lake, france, camargue

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users