Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

¡No Habla Espanol!

Yamato

Jean Anne Whorton goes Beyond The Facts, talking to the high school sophomore who has become a conservative hero for refusing to learn his Spanish vocabulary.

[media=]

[/media]

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Indiogene

• Keel M.

• Yamato

• Christierella

Yes, it's better for the world to learn English than for any of us to learn a second or third language. :tu: I'm still waiting for the children of this country to learn their native language, but that'll never happen, so let's disregard and disrespect all other languages instead.

• 3 weeks later...

...unless you live in an officially and historically bilingual or multilingual country (i.e. Canada, Belgium, Ireland, Switzerland, South Africa and even the US state of New Mexico-nominally, came to mind).

...and by watching the coverage of the opening ceremony of the London 2012 summer olympics, the home country of Wales is represented singing in English AND Cymraeg- the Welsh Language, the legacy of Celtic culture evidently alive in Wales.

• 1 month later...

I think you should speak english, in america...unless you are deaf, then sign laungage. If I go to Mexico, I will speak spanish (try my best not to hack it up). I think whereever you are you should try to speak the native tounge. It's just the polite thing to do. Now that being said, I have quit a few puerto rican friends. When I'm at their house/church they are very polite and say, make sure Christie understands. I think we should try our best not to offend, so if I travel abroad...I'll try to speak the native language. If that means i need an interpreter, I'll get one.