Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 20 votes

Those Who've Seen the Hatman/Shadow People

• Please log in to reply
1429 replies to this topic

#31    Setton

Setton

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:20 PM

Can I just check - when you say shadow people do you mean actual figures that look like they're made of shadow (I see these fairly often and it's what i think when someone says shadow person) or shadows that look like people but with no source?

'Good' is not the same as 'nice'.
'No, murder is running your broadsword through someone because he worships a different God to you... Or is that evangelism? I get confused.'
When they discover the centre of the universe, a lot of people are going to be disappointed - They are not it.
I don't object to the concept of a deity but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.

#32    Chronii

Chronii

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

• Addicted to tea.

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:43 PM

Setton, on 08 February 2011 - 09:20 PM, said:

Can I just check - when you say shadow people do you mean actual figures that look like they're made of shadow (I see these fairly often and it's what i think when someone says shadow person) or shadows that look like people but with no source?

In my case, both :S

EDIT: To clarify, when it was in the field, it looked like a hooded shadow sliding across the ground, and when I saw it in the forest it looked more "physical" although it still looked "shadowy". Sorry, hard to explain, I don't really understand it myself, just trying to describe what I saw :huh:

I have seen one shadow person once (actually it could've been two, but if so, they both looked identical except the size).

I was outside at night, and noticed a huge shadow of a person wearing what looked like a cloak moving across the ground on a field, but the shadow had no source, nothing was casting it. I wasn't scared at all, in fact I was really interested in what this was, so I followed it for a few seconds, but it was ridiculously fast and quickly got away from me.

I went in the direction it was moving when I lost it, because I was really fascinated by this thing and wanted to find it, and eventually I saw it again, but this time it wasn't on the ground, it was floating in midair and was a bit smaller, but other than that it was identical to the one I had seen on the ground. It also looked REALLY weird, I can't explain exactly how, but it just seemed out of place, like it wasn't part of the world, it's like it was there, but at the same time wasn't. It "floated" around in the air for a few seconds, seemingly looking at the various trees and plants (this took place in a forest next to the field where I first saw it), then it suddenly "jumped" sideways ridiculously fast and vanished into thin air.

Also, I don't think it had anything to do with me whatsoever, because it completely ignored me, didn't even look in my direction (although it had no visible face, I could kind of see in what direction it was facing). Whatever it was, it was just minding its own business, and I just happened to witness it.

EDIT: By the way, I know my story sounds unbelievable, but that's exactly what I saw. And it was right in front of me, I didn't see it in the distance, I saw it clearly. I guess it could've been a hallucination or something, but I've never hallucinated before and have no mental illness. I don't drink or do drugs either.

Edited by Chronii, 08 February 2011 - 10:01 PM.

#33    Setton

Setton

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 10:47 PM

Chronii, on 08 February 2011 - 09:43 PM, said:

In my case, both :S

EDIT: To clarify, when it was in the field, it looked like a hooded shadow sliding across the ground, and when I saw it in the forest it looked more "physical" although it still looked "shadowy". Sorry, hard to explain, I don't really understand it myself, just trying to describe what I saw :huh:

EDIT: By the way, I know my story sounds unbelievable, but that's exactly what I saw. And it was right in front of me, I didn't see it in the distance, I saw it clearly. I guess it could've been a hallucination or something, but I've never hallucinated before and have no mental illness. I don't drink or do drugs either.

Thanks. Just wanted to check I was thinking of the same things.

I tend to see shadow people quite often but only at home (I'm at uni now) They never do anything, they just stand and watch for a while then vanish when I turn my back. I don't think they're anything evil but I get a really weird feeling when I see them or even just thinking about them. I know it sounds strange but I feel almost like I'm about to cry. Not sad but I can feal tears welling up. I get the same thing when I look at some 'genuine' photos of ghosts or cryptids but not with others. Anyone know anything about this?

'Good' is not the same as 'nice'.
'No, murder is running your broadsword through someone because he worships a different God to you... Or is that evangelism? I get confused.'
When they discover the centre of the universe, a lot of people are going to be disappointed - They are not it.
I don't object to the concept of a deity but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.

#34    snuffypuffer

snuffypuffer

Dandy Fop

• 11,038 posts

• Let's get happy!

Posted 09 February 2011 - 12:03 AM

Quick question: Did the Hatman sightings start picking up steam before or after Phantasm came out? Or how about V for Vendetta? Because, honestly, this guy and the characters in those movies sound quite the same.

Nothing to see here.

#35    Ignus Fatuus

Ignus Fatuus

Poltergeist

• 2,678 posts

• Republicans and Democrats and Satan oh my!!!

Posted 09 February 2011 - 12:55 AM

snuffypuffer, on 09 February 2011 - 12:03 AM, said:

Quick question: Did the Hatman sightings start picking up steam before or after Phantasm came out? Or how about V for Vendetta? Because, honestly, this guy and the characters in those movies sound quite the same.
With my age ... I am quite sure "it" was around before these movies.  I do agree however that it seems that so many people lately have had experiences with Mr. Hat.  Yet again Mr. Hat has been noted historically way before movies were even around.

#36    Mandoo

Mandoo

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 03:40 AM

Sevenof Seven, on 04 February 2011 - 09:34 AM, said:

Hello Everyone, Welcome to my thread about the Hatman and shadow people. I have seen both the hatman and the shadow people. Many times and very clearly and in broad daylight each time. For those of us who have been visited, I am wondering what we have in common. Why are we being selected to have these visitations? Do we have anything in common, or is it just random?

If we can find some common ground, we might be able to figure out what it is that these shadows want from us.

I will start by telling you what I was going through at the time I saw these beings. I was living alone, I was renting a very large Victorian House in London. I was going through a divorce at the time and very emotional. I was crying every day and going over and over my life choices. I felt despair and emotional upheaval as the reason I was renting this house was because I had moved out of my own house.

What were you experiencing at the time in your life when you saw the shadows?

I've seen the Hat Man. I've also seen him in broad daylight, and my boyfriend at the time was with me and also saw him.
I was just out of high school and having some anxiety about my future and my relationships. It wasn't until after the "sighting" that things got really bad. I don't know if it was the cause of the bad things or not.

#37    BlackCurtains

BlackCurtains

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 06:19 AM

I see shadow people day and night, in every place I've lived, all my life. Human figures, all the same; cats; and a few times dogs. The human figures hang out mostly in the hallway and kitchen, the cats are seen in all rooms.

I've never been afraid as I have no reason to be. They never do anything but walk by or stand at a distance. The cats walk across furniture and a few times my bed as I've been lying in it - they carried no substance, I didn't feel anything.

I see them in cycles. Months may pass before I see anything, but as soon as one shows up, many do, and it becomes a daily thing. That may go on for months, it varies. Then just as suddenly as they reappear, they are gone again. I really couldn't tell you if it coincides with anything, but I caught glimpse of one, a human figure, last night after not seeing any for a while. I expect the cats to show up soon.

Personally, I don't think they are "things" really. More like, a thing, a phenomenon. I don't believe, nor have seen evidence to think they have a consciencenous or respond to the world around them. I also think they are separate from ghosts, as they are all the same, and seem to be attached to people instead of places (although I've heard that people can be "haunted" by ghosts too). The one thing that I think is the most interesting about them, is that the more time someone spends with me, the more likely they are to see them also. As I posted in the other thread, I've heard so many friends say, "Dude, I swear I saw someone standing in the hallway!" or "Your cats are sleeping? Do you have another one, I just saw a cat run across the bookcase!"

#38    Shut-In-Barrien

Shut-In-Barrien

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 138 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 06:30 AM

The only thing i ever seen was a small dog shadow on my ceiling that was sitting stood up and walked away. My cousin was near me and saw it. About a month earlier my cousins dog was hit by a car and died. Don't know if this has much to do with the topic.

Only dead fish swim with the stream. –Malcolm Muggeridge

#39    Lucky7

Lucky7

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

• "We are all but compressed light" Albert Einstein

Posted 11 February 2011 - 09:08 AM

All I can gather so far is that they are attracted to emotional turmoil. Thanks everyone for posting. Keep your stories and experiences coming....

#40    herenow

herenow

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 201 posts

• I think I'm figuring it out

Posted 12 February 2011 - 12:58 PM

Sevenof Seven, on 11 February 2011 - 09:08 AM, said:

All I can gather so far is that they are attracted to emotional turmoil. Thanks everyone for posting. Keep your stories and experiences coming....

No emotional turmoil in my experience...

I’ve seen several in the past year, though had seen none in the 50-something years before.
All were in broad daylight.
All were in a certain woods which has been full of odd things.

The first was standing by a tree near a trail.  I thought it was some Goth kid hanging out, smoking a joint or something.  He was dressed in black and wearing a hood. When I rounded the corner and came up to the tree he was gone.  It freaked me out.  Other things have happened at this tree.

The next time a small one, maybe 3 feet tall, rushed up to me from behind on a different trail.  It came up right next to me and then vanished.

The next time there were 2 small ones up in the trees.

I felt nothing negative.  I feel the 1st one was to get my attention.  To get me thinking.
The one which rushed me from behind seemed curious and had a sense of urgency.
The 3rd time I felt they were just hanging out, watching me.

So, what has made these things become ‘visible’ to some of us???

#41    Ryu

Ryu

Born to fail.

• 3,392 posts

• Just because I do not agree doesn't mean I don't understand.

Posted 12 February 2011 - 03:33 PM

The only shadow thing I seen was in dreams. Tall, stocky, pitch black with "spikey" hair.
No visible eyes but there was this air of immense energy from them.

Of course when you are young it seems overwhelming and scary and in some ways it still was but I doubt they were harboring malicious intent.

Of course it is most likely just a dream too.

#42    AquaMerina

AquaMerina

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 128 posts

• There's more to the truth than just the facts. ~Author Unknown

Posted 12 February 2011 - 03:45 PM

I saw the Hatman shadow person once when I was about 11 years old.

I posted my experiance on the Collected facts about shadow people thread.

Here it is:

I must admit that I am kinda biased. I have seen ghosts and spirits all of my life. I was very used to them just "popping" up all the time. And I know the difference of having an evil entity present vs a positive, negative or neutral one.

So when I saw the figure that night I wasn't scared only because I was used to things like this happening, I guess. That, and I didn't get any evil or negative "feelings" from the figure. I got the feeling it was just observing me. It wanted me to see it, but I don't know why.

It looked like the shadow of a 1940's detective in a fedora type hat and long coat. But the figure was solid black. My hall light was on behind him, so I saw him very clearly and no light was passing through him. I didn't feel drained by him at all. So, I think that either it was a powerful enough entity that it didn't need my energy to be seen or it was getting it's energy from something or someone else.  

To me it didn't feel like a ghost or spirit, it's vibrations were way different, if that makes any sense.

So, I laid in my bed for a few hours trying to decide if I had really seen it. Only because it was like nothing I had previously experienced before. I wasn't sure it really happened. I did decide that I did see it and I just tossed it in with all the other "weird" experiences I've had.

That was the only time I ever saw the Hatman. I've seen regular shadow people and shadow animals since then from time to time. In all of my experiances they never gave me any reason to fear them.

In my experiances I've never seen a shadow person/animal when my personal life was stressed. I only seem to notice them when my life is going well.

No matter where you go or what you do, you live your entire life within the confines of your head.  ~Terry Josephson

#43    zazazaooey

zazazaooey

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 04:14 PM

I dont know what hatman is, but when I was a kid there was a shadow man standing at the edge of the couch I was sleeping on, and he had a hat lol Thats all I got on him.

#44    BlackCurtains

BlackCurtains

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 10:50 PM

Sevenof Seven, on 11 February 2011 - 09:08 AM, said:

Not in my case.

#45    lipsofblood

lipsofblood

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 03:04 AM

k, i'll tell you though most is very personal even though i've been doing this forever it still sometimes scares me like the first day

oh yes, the shadows, i have many but after years i now try to ignore them, they do tricks like mess with the room lights, when i ignore them... the lightbulb of my room keeps getting burned and as I enter the room, my family pretends it doesn't happen, lights go on and off, i used to pay them attention but now i'm tired and they're becoming very rude.

They've protected me a few times, other people have seen them as well, I have no enemies here bad things happen to people who don't like me I have no idea if they read thoughts? but there's some people who actually blame me for their bad stuff and they run from me like i were death they think the shadows are things i control lolol if they knew i have no idea what they are and why they keep the attitude and that i TRY with all my might to keep an open mind, try to convince myself it could be group psychosis or whatever haha.  

I read the tarot, sometimes I think they tell me or posess me somehow to tell the things i've told, i've tried every single evil practice when younger just to test because I was a non believer, well, I sure regret now trying divination so hard, reading in the water, the mirror painted black, all the games... I now read the tarot once a year when my mom begs me, only person I couldn't say no to in that department.

But that is not my only experience, when someone in my family dies I know it from before, but like, right when it happens, when my cousins killed themselves 30 minutes before the phone rang, I screamed their names and I felt them cry at my ear, I think it's something about our blood, I know when something's wrong with a familiar, specially on my dad's side.

And finally the scariest is when I have the sleep paralysis symptoms but they get mixed with messages, last time one of them became very real, but he didn't look like a person he looked all rotten, he got on top of me like he was going to rape me and kept saying in a mocking voice: Please sweety just one more time, give me one more time, I thought I was going to die... they were nasty and they said they belonged to my great aunt (it happened around the time I was visiting her)... who's like 108 and still alive, and I hope so cause the ones in my house were never that abusive...  I managed to get out of that one, I hate them, they're a whole bunch of perverts lol ,.,.. if they're real, I still keep the hopes of being crazy,, when they stress me too much I just choose to believe whatever rocks my boat.

Pain is inevitable; suffering is optional.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users