Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Tufty Terminator: The man on a mission to

Still Waters

For more than a century grey squirrels have had things pretty much their own way in Britain since being brought over from America.

But now they may have met their match in pest controller Paul Parker, who has made it his mission to save the native red squirrel from extinction at the hands of its aggressive grey cousin.

In less than two years, the 'conservationist' has culled 22,622 grey squirrels, a rate of about 200 a week.

linked-imageRead more...

"The squirrels end up in restaurants and on dinner tables across Britain as the meat is increasingly regarded as a delicacy." Quote

:o I didn't know that!!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Still Waters

• Queen in the North

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

"The squirrels end up in restaurants and on dinner tables across Britain as the meat is increasingly regarded as a delicacy." Quote

:o I didn't know that!!

It's a good plan! Actually, I remember discussing this on these forums before -- if you're going to cull them, you may as well eat them and not be wasteful. :lol:

Mr Parker, from Newcastle, has laid hundreds of nut-filled traps around the countryside. He is alerted by text when a squirrel is caught and then kills the creature with a single shot to the head.

That is what we like to hear. Not left in the trap for a very long time, quickly dispatched.

:lol: *stops eating squirrel pie and hides it from you*

:lol::tu: