Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

How did 10,000 pyramid builders get fed ?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,996 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:33 AM

A workers' town known as 'the Lost City of the Pyramid Builders' has been found near the Giza pyramids.

Live Science said:

The builders of the famous Giza pyramids in Egypt feasted on food from a massive catering-type operation, the remains of which scientists have discovered at a workers' town near the pyramids.

Posted Image Read more...

#2    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,788 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:29 AM

That amount of animals, what did they feed on? maybe there was an abundance of green there at the time, this would say there was, even though it has been said there was before.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#3    Majikwayz

Majikwayz

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:44 AM

A contrast to the movie 10,000 B.C. , I like this story better.

#4    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:14 PM

Some deja vu here. I thought Mark Lehner discovered this some years ago. Article is not clear if this is something completely new or an extension of Lehner's discovery.

Edited by Atentutankh-pasheri, 29 April 2013 - 12:14 PM.

#5    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 4,869 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:34 PM

It said it was a catering type operation so I would assume much of the suppiles were brought in by boat.

You asked for Obamamerica, now you are going to get it.  Stand by for suck or as Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#6    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

Brick by brick

• 4,935 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:49 PM

A friend of mine who just got back from Egypt said they had McDonalds there...

#7    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

Telekinetic

• Closed
  • 6,628 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:57 PM

I'm sure the aliens would have brought them enough food to survive.

#8    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,721 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:44 PM

Manna machine?

#9    regeneratia

regeneratia

Government Agent

• 3,959 posts
  • Location:All my posts are my own views, my own perceptions. Will not be finding links for why I think the way I do.

• It is time to put the big guns down now, Little Boys!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:27 PM

I LOVED this article when I first read it days ago. I have always maintained that Egypt, prior to the Persian influence and maybe just past it, did NOT have slaves. It was the Roman influence that brought slaves to this world.

It stands to reason that, when the nile is flooded, there is a lot of unemployment. high unemployment leads to unrest. And so, while the Nile was high, people were employed building the pyramids.

#10    Starseed hybrid 1111

Starseed hybrid 1111

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 326 posts

• "Take the Red Matrix pill" be your own authentic self neo

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:35 PM

i believe that they had helped creating these pyramids using alien technology because these blocks and stones they carried weighed over 10,000 tons easily not even 12 people could carry it or move far too.as for the they more than likely did get fed really well and stuff.plus researchers even themselves said they had no machines themselves like today or tools like we do today to create the pyramids ot even today's technology can do that what they did.

#11    zebra99

zebra99

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:04 PM

View PostAndromedan Starseed 333, on 29 April 2013 - 07:35 PM, said:

i believe that they had helped creating these pyramids using alien technology because these blocks and stones they carried weighed over 10,000 tons easily not even 12 people could carry it or move far too.as for the they more than likely did get fed really well and stuff.plus researchers even themselves said they had no machines themselves like today or tools like we do today to create the pyramids ot even today's technology can do that what they did.

Average weight per block on the Cheops pyramid was 2.5 tons...where the heck did you get 10,000?

Posted Image

#12    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,038 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:13 PM

View PostAndromedan Starseed 333, on 29 April 2013 - 07:35 PM, said:

Any researcher who says this probably had their brain taken by aliens.

#13    Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 221 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:19 AM

"Future studies will look for the remains of the workers' towns of Khufu and Khafre, the two other pharaohs who built pyramids at Giza. A dump area, investigated in the 1950s, may hold them; seal impressions found at the dump have the rulers' names on them."

A dump... really... Why would you even have a dump near the pyramids.

#14    chopmo

chopmo

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

• aaaah rabble rabble rabble rabble

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:58 AM

I laugh at people that say humans can't push several tonne. Go be a trolly collector for a week and push and test yourself. Average weight of a trolley is 50-80kgs my record is 260 trolleys hahaha keep in mind this was when I weighed a meer 50kgs myself which works out to about 13-20.8 tonne (around 14 at the time, slim build). I did need a person in the middle and at the front to steer but yeah ever steered a 100+metre snake, to start is bloody hard but managable if you use your experience in the job. So without a doubt a crew could push a few tonne provided it's not to steep of a hill climb.

LOL! I never imagined you could use diagrams to explain something about trolley pushing but hey there ya go :P

#15    calaf

calaf

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 187 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:10 PM

View Postzebra99, on 29 April 2013 - 08:04 PM, said:

Average weight per block on the Cheops pyramid was 2.5 tons...where the heck did you get 10,000?

That's according to the Giorgio Tsoukolos system of weight estimation. The Erich von Daniken scale is even higher.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users