Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Eastern Germany: the most godless.

fullywired

According to a survey made by "the Guardian newspaper" not one person under the age of 28 could be found in East Germany that believed in god.and it also found that found that 52.1% of people asked whether they believed in God identified themselves as atheists. This compared with only 10.3% in western Germany.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/belief/2012/sep/22/atheism-east-germany-godless-place

fullywired

Things may have changed since this article was written.

I mean east Germany was controlled by the U.S.S.R so this is hardly a surprise

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1

This article was published 2 years ago on Saturday 22 September 2012 so any facts contained are potentially out of date and irrelevant.

It would be interesting to find out how much change might have occurred in two short years. I was surprised to find just how many groups popped up when I googled missionary teams to East Germany. I can't help but wonder what sort of influence they had.

I don't know what the facts in the article would be considered "irrelevant" of, however.

I think it's a little weird that 20-odd years after Germany was united, it's still being called East Germany and West Germany. But I suppose, there are different regions of other countries, so why not?

So east Germany 2 years ago believes in the easterbunny as much as I do, hmmm. Good for them.

I think it's a little weird that 20-odd years after Germany was united, it's still being called East Germany and West Germany. But I suppose, there are different regions of other countries, so why not?

Damn, Canada and Quebec being the same cant get along. its about how your raised and told.

If you think about it the Berlin wall fell in the 80's that relatively not all that long ago in the scope of history.

This article was published 2 years ago on Saturday 22 September 2012 so any facts contained are potentially out of date and irrelevant.

What are the statistics now then?has there been some great Holy movement that has been kept quiet, in which half the population has suddenly found God??

fullywired :w00t:

well, eastern Germany also didn't have McDonald's 20 years ago, but sadly that has changed as well since...

Too bad folks don't hold the bible to that same standard.

• Like 5

What's the OP's point in posting this rubbish?

What's your point in commenting on such "rubbish"?

Some people enjoy seeing that others are also disbelievers in stone age myths.

• Like 1