Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

i had a dream last night.

danielost

in this dream i surrendered my soul to Satan. my brothers were throwing a fit over it. but, just as Satan was about to take me. Mathew, the apostle figured OUT HOW TO SAVE MY SOUL. SORRY CAN'T TELL YOU what he looked like.

what do you think.

in the dream i was saved because i had surrendered.

Edited by danielost
  • Like 1

Maybe some way in your life, you'll be saved if you surrender, and this was shown to you in a way you would understand and found greatly significant.

Edited by _Only

What did Satan look like then?

I think you overthink things.

I am envious actually, I do not dream.

I am envious actually, I do not dream.

You do just as much as everyone else. You just don't remember. You could if you wanted to, but I doubt it's one of your priorities in life.

Edited by _Only
  • Like 1

You do just as much as everyone else. You just don't remember. You could if you wanted to, but I doubt it's one of your priorities in life.

How come I do not remember them if woken suddenly, or simply at all? I vividly remember dreaming until I turned 16, then it just switched off. Had some of those flying dreams you know? Pretty impressive so I remember what it was like to dream. But not anymore.

• Like 1

How come I do not remember them if woken suddenly, or simply at all? I vividly remember dreaming until I turned 16, then it just switched off. Had some of those flying dreams you know? Pretty impressive so I remember what it was like to dream. But not anymore.

I'm no expert in how the brain works, but I think it's a far more likely scenario that you simply don't retain the mind activity during your deep sleep state, as opposed to being some freak case of a human brain with no mind activity during sleep. Even a split second of sleep dream to wake is still a shift in awareness, which requires memory to recall that past split second.

Edited by _Only
  • Like 1

I'm no expert in how the brain works, but I think it's a far more likely scenario that you simply don't retain the mind activity during your deep sleep state, as opposed to being some freak case of a human brain with no mind activity during sleep. Even a split second of sleep dream to wake is still a shift in awareness, which requires memory to recall that past split second.

To me it's like the tree falling in the forest, if I dream, I do not remember it so for all intensive purposes I do not dream. I have nothing to share. I can only remember what it was like when I was young. Perhaps my mind finds other activities, who knows. I do not have the cash to splash in such a trivial pursuit. From what I have read, most people do not dream every night, but sporadically.

LINK - Why Some Remember Dreams, Others Don't

Herodotus reported in book IV of his Histories that there once was such a group of people who lived many thousands of years ago in North Africa near the mountain called Atlas who do not eat any living thing and do not dream. I do love animals, they are delicious, so that counts me out as a descendant I suppose. (TIC)

in this dream i surrendered my soul to Satan. my brothers were throwing a fit over it. but, just as Satan was about to take me. Mathew, the apostle figured OUT HOW TO SAVE MY SOUL. SORRY CAN'T TELL YOU what he looked like.

what do you think.

In your dream, Satan is representative of all things which go against your beliefs - eg, evolutionary theory and the idea that atheists can be good guys.

Your dream is telling you to let go of your irrational thoughts and embrace reality. Only then will you be saved. :tu:

Good luck.

• Like 5

Your dream is telling you to let go of your irrational thoughts and embrace reality. Only then will you be saved. :tu:

I think a great many people could benefit from this particular dream.

My Dad used to say, "Reality, something overlooked by far too many people".

• Like 3

Interestingly, I too almost never dream (such as I remember). Similar to psyche, I used to dream a lot as a kid, then in my late teens after a pretty stressful period when I had to come up with ways to destress myself eg self taught meditation, and the ability to clear my head of *all* thoughts (quite tricky, but I can tell you if you get the hang of it, it is amazingly liberating).

So I hypothesise that dreams may be related to stress levels. Nowadays I just don't stress about anything for more than a few seconds. I choose to be stress free! But I'm also rather dream free... Coincidence?

• Like 3

Interestingly, I too almost never dream (such as I remember). Similar to psyche, I used to dream a lot as a kid, then in my late teens after a pretty stressful period when I had to come up with ways to destress myself eg self taught meditation, and the ability to clear my head of *all* thoughts (quite tricky, but I can tell you if you get the hang of it, it is amazingly liberating).

So I hypothesise that dreams may be related to stress levels. Nowadays I just don't stress about anything for more than a few seconds. I choose to be stress free! But I'm also rather dream free... Coincidence?

Humnnnn, I wonder if this could be use to solve my bouts of insomnia. I dream, in fact I think I am the opposite of Phyche in which I dream, but I rarely have deep sleep where I don't dream. I do believe my dreams are my thoughts from my life. I wonder what they have to say to me. I use to have a dream dictionary by my bedside, but sometimes the various dream dictionaries and the many definitions they offer still don't answer why I have certain recurring dreams.

Danielost: I always thought you would know, considering your assurance in your beliefs, that would know what your dream was telling you. Well, I always felt that it was evident or pretty much obvious in the simplicity of your dream and what it was saying. I don't think you are doing this, and I could be wrong in what I'm seeing here, but does this seem like prosetylizing here? I ask this, because I have seen way too many posts from some who just say, surrender and you will be saved!!! Yada yada yada.

• Like 2

My dreams were supplanted by a broken sleep pattern and I was dreamless for at least four years. My dreams returned once my sleep returned to normal, and until then i didnt realise how liberating dreaming can be.

If we awake from a nightmare to find the real world is not so bad, then that can be just as liberating as well.

Someone help me.. I had a dream about being in a differnt world.. I was accepted and became a worrior there.. The people took me to this room where there was a bed but extremely futuristic.. They said" this is how we will get you back here when we need you from your world.. I asked a woman who was talking to us( there were five more people in the dream who also didn't know where or how they got there) I asked here how I got there. She said something about a construction and they took me through that? I then went on to saying that was it compulsory to return to my real world.. She then said something and I woke up?

In your dream, Satan is representative of all things which go against your beliefs - eg, evolutionary theory and the idea that atheists can be good guys.

Good luck.

i never said atheists couldn't be good guys.

My dreams were supplanted by a broken sleep pattern and I was dreamless for at least four years. My dreams returned once my sleep returned to normal, and until then i didnt realise how liberating dreaming can be.

If we awake from a nightmare to find the real world is not so bad, then that can be just as liberating as well.

i don't have nightmares. those that try to be, i wake up laughing at them. most of them anyways.

How come I do not remember them if woken suddenly, or simply at all? I vividly remember dreaming until I turned 16, then it just switched off.

It happens as we grow up. We stop having all those "nice" dreams and often just have run-of-the-mill dreams. We all dream but often we do not recall them, even if we wake suddenly.

Happens to me all the time. I recall that I did dream something but as for what it was...I rarely can grasp even a filament of it.

And in the end I just don't care what I dreamed about. They are as meaningless as a chattering squirrel.

• Like 1

I am so jealous, only problem in my life are dreams lol i hate my dreams, same pictures all my life :(

As for topic, i believe that dreams are actually answering our questions for us but its a gift to know how to interpret them. Every dream has its meaning i believe mostly because our subconscious mind takes over while we are sleeping and its in our subconscious where we store all of unwanted memories, among others. As @_Only said, you maybe have to let something go, surrender was just a way for your subconscious to 'say' it to your mind.

• Like 1

i don't have nightmares. those that try to be, i wake up laughing at them. most of them anyways.

Lucky for you. A christian man i met told me a dream similar to yours, except he experienced an overwhelming sense of sadness towards satan. He was not afraid.

• Like 2

On a point arising:

psyche101

How come I do not remember them if woken suddenly, or simply at all?

Because most of the time you aren't dreaming (in the narrative-image sense). If you had a patient friend who would stay awake, to wake you during your REM sleep (or if alone, thenset an alarm for about two hours after you go to bed, maybe shorter for a nap during the day... it's tricky to catch the REM phase without somebody looking, so it may take a few tries), then you would have a fresh dream in memory. Make some note of it, since you could forget that as easily as you forget your dreams now. (That is, the transient memory doesn't get transcribed into long term memory, or does, but only in a rudimentary way that does not facilittate recall).

Long story short, you learned to sleep through most REM. You traded a better night's sleep for access to that part of your cognition. (Another poster mentioned losing dreaming after learning stress management strategies). Whether that trade is a good deal or not is your call. It is also entirely possible that you derive some of the benefit of the dream (it is thinking, after all), but attribute the fruits of dreamwork to "I had a bright idea" rather than to a dream.

daniel

Disclaimer: I don't interpret other people's dreams, but some dream motifs and characters are dreamt by many people, and I sometimes recognize those motifs and characters. I can tell you what several of the people who have dreamt dreams like yours have thought about their dreams, but only you can decide whether that has anything to do with your personal dream.

As another poster pointed out, your conscious stance on religious matters is very much in one direction, pious belief - or so a reasonable reader of your posts would conclude. A good deal of unconscious activity is compensatory, thinking about alternatives to the conscious stance. Compensation in this sense is not mechanically "opposite," but complementary: some things are opposite, but others are the same (so, you are given a glimpse of a different way of dealing with the world, besides the one you consciously adopt, but it's still a way you'd recognize).

Disclaimer or no disclaimer, that's about as far as I can go. I haven't the faintest idea what "surrendering my soul to Satan" means, but I'm pretty sure it's something you wouldn't consider doing in waking life, or if you did consider it, you'd try not to do it, or maybe actively resist it. So, the dream goes the other way, suppose you did not resist anymore. It would seem that the dream is saying that that wouldn't (necessarily) be the end of the world.

That doesn't mean you have to "do" anything about the dream, maybe just thinking about the problem in waking life, and considering that your current stance could somehow be improved, or more balanced in some way, is the point.

• Like 1

It happens as we grow up. We stop having all those "nice" dreams and often just have run-of-the-mill dreams. We all dream but often we do not recall them, even if we wake suddenly.

Happens to me all the time. I recall that I did dream something but as for what it was...I rarely can grasp even a filament of it.

And in the end I just don't care what I dreamed about. They are as meaningless as a chattering squirrel.

Keep in mind that this is your case, and not the standard. I didn't have what I considered meaningful dreams until I was almost 30. I had some that changed who I am. Those were nice dreams.

what do you think.

Depending on which approach you decide to use to interpret this dream, whether it is Freud or Gestalt. It's important to know that we each have our own symbolic dream representation of what things mean, and every element in the dream is a representation of some aspect of you. If you want help in interpreting this PM me and I will guide you through it. I cannot offer you an interpretation as I do not know you or your history. Or you can write the dream out and take it pièce by piece, asking yourself what does satan mean to me, what does soul mean to me, what does Matthew the apostle mean to me, what do my brothers mean to me, what does surrendering my soul mean to me, and most likely a meaning will begin to emerge. A meaning that will only mean something to you.

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 2

The best inturpreter of a dream is the dreamer.

I disagree with those of you that say dreams are meaningless, they are very important to our cognative functions and instincts. The build Nural pathways and teach you things aswell, they help your mind deal with unresolved inner conflicts, and they continue mental processes absent of the conciousnes ego.

Dreams have been a very important part of humanity since... Well before humans were humans. Most mammals dream , so the importance of it stretches back to deep in our evolutionary past.

There are many things that do not come about from social teachings, they arise from training during dreams. This is one of the reasons young children have night terrors. They are actually practicing their fight or flight response to predation. Between the ages of about 3 to 6 children are taught to defend themselves through their dreams. Babies have very long Rem cycles and the sleep a lot. This is partly a training time for them, natural human instincts are being developed to process language recognize faces, sents, sounds, smells. Human brains have to learn, and our natural program as humans is to dream about the things we need to know, so we can have the high cognative functions that we do.

I dream all the time. I've been through several periods where I remember all of my dreams. I don't recommend it, and I had to find a way to shut it off, but things that are going on inside of our minds are absolutely incredible.

Edited by White Crane Feather

i felt that the dream was telling me not to give up even at the better end.

i never said atheists couldn't be good guys.

No you didn't. It was poor paraphrasing on my part. What you've said is:

how can most atheists teach morals to their children. when they believe everything is ok to do, because there are no consequences after life.
  • Like 1

No you didn't. It was poor paraphrasing on my part. What you've said is:

and i stand by that statement. but as a group, the individual is like everything else he, she does things their own way. i don't judge individuals of a group until i get to know them. thus Muslims are all radical, but there might by one or two who aren't so i would treat the person the same as i would anyone else.