Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New Yahoo download

saucy

I'm having a problem with the new Yahoo messenger I just downloaded. I try to sign into messenger, but it won't let me. I keep putting in my password, then acts like it's going to do something, but just sits there and doesn't sign me it. The screen goes back to "SIGN INTO MESSENGER" I'll click it again to sign in and the same thing happens. Can anyone help me?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• saucy

• Universal Absurdity

• fulltimekiller

• doomgirl

Re-install the old messenger, and uninstall the new one.

The new one is not reliable, hearing from others and from my own experience.

I tried that and it didn't work. I uninstalled messenger, but couldn't find an old version to install.

Did it say any error message?

Are you behind a firewall?

if you are you might be letting in the old version but not the new one.So go to your firewall setting and change it to allow messenger.

• 2 weeks later...

It was about the time of NEW messenger a hacker or virus hit several popular websites yahoo was one of them. that may have been problem i too had problems with messenger only to find out later entire yahoo website had problems this included games news etc etc. Once problem was fixed i havent had aproblem since and have been using NEW messenger ever since

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all your help. I figured out the problem. It was indeed the firewall. For anyone having the same problems, just check your firewall settings. Find messenger and it might say that the firewall is blocking it and many other things from being used. You can un-block those things.