Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Iran unveils 'stealth' fighter

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#61    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 5,406 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:08 PM

View PostDarkHunter, on 09 February 2013 - 06:36 PM, said:

Seems like the pictures didn't work in my last post, I really got to figure out how to post pictures correctly one day.

Whatever that thing is that the Iran has built, it is far to small to be real.  The pictures posted, if they would be view able show how much smaller that thing is compared to the F-22, arguably a plane that should be of similar size.

In the third picture, all of these picture can be found on google, with the pilot sitting in the cockpit, his legs are over the border of the canopy.  I have never see a fighter where the canopy is so small you can see the pilots legs  while they are sitting down.

It really is ridiculous.  I would guess they are trying to impress the masses by showing how powerful they are militarily.  At least I hope so because if they thought that would fool people in the west then I truly am clueless about how their minds work.  As far as I know they are completely incapable of building a modern aircraft of any kind, much less an advanced tactical type. I know they still have a few Tomcats that can fly but have no idea if they can still arm them.  When I was training I actually flew in some of the Tomcats that were supposed to go to teh shah but were held back after the revolution.

Nice midterms democrats.  As Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#62    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Mainly Spherical in Shape

• 25,104 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:03 AM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 09 February 2013 - 12:10 PM, said:

Ground units or ground radar wouldnt pick it up but a Nimrod or aircraft with radar would due to its cockpit issues.
Sadly, it wouldn't, since there aren't any more, thanks to the idiot Cameroon.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#63    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

• 25,104 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:09 AM

View PostMerc14, on 09 February 2013 - 07:08 PM, said:

It really is ridiculous.  I would guess they are trying to impress the masses by showing how powerful they are militarily.  At least I hope so because if they thought that would fool people in the west then I truly am clueless about how their minds work.  As far as I know they are completely incapable of building a modern aircraft of any kind, much less an advanced tactical type. I know they still have a few Tomcats that can fly but have no idea if they can still arm them.  When I was training I actually flew in some of the Tomcats that were supposed to go to teh shah but were held back after the revolution.
according to Wiki the Pedia, they may have as many as 30 Tomcats still flying.
Here's the updated entry on the Dominant 313; some of the comments on "Doubts of viability of aircraft" are interesting. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qaher_313

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

#64    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,594 posts

• When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
    (Oscar Wilde)

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:15 AM

View PostLord Vetinari, on 03 February 2013 - 12:08 PM, said:

it's rarely the people that will be uniformly evil, it's almost invariably the Leaders that stir them up, supply with with a constant diet of fear of enemies so as to stir up paranoia, and persuade them that only they can protect them from those whose sole desire it is to destroy them.

Irans mullahs are not necessary personally "evil" either; the supremacist political religion that they embrace is.
By definition, every country that makes the Koran its constitution and Shariah its law turns into another backward and belligerent hellhole like Iran.

Ironically, the West seems to have a kind of death wish to create ever more of these. Remember it was Jimmy Carter who boycotted the Shah and helped Khomeini ("the holy man") take power.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." (Salman Rushdie)

#65    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 5,406 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:39 PM

Apparently the Iranians have now photoshopped the thing into a stock photo that makes it appear it is flying.  

http://www.dailytech...rticle29893.htm

Nice midterms democrats.  As Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#66    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,112 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:35 PM

it sure is stealthy, no  radar \ir sensor, will ever spot it, you can pbly guess why

Edited by aztek, 14 February 2013 - 03:35 PM.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#67    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,112 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:41 PM

View PostLord Vetinari, on 10 February 2013 - 08:09 AM, said:

according to Wiki the Pedia, they may have as many as 30 Tomcats still flying.

the wingboxes alone are long overdue for overhaul, and usa ain't about to sell the spares, and no, they can't make them themseves right, there is a lot more involved than just welding and cuting mettal, the exact specs are actually secret, believe it or not.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#68    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,900 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:46 PM

It's the Travelosity Gnome of aircraft!

#69    Tiggs

Tiggs

Relax. It's only me.

• 9,143 posts

• Universe Service Pack 2 still needs patching.

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:06 PM

View PostMerc14, on 14 February 2013 - 01:39 PM, said:

Apparently the Iranians have now photoshopped the thing into a stock photo that makes it appear it is flying.  

http://www.dailytech...rticle29893.htm

I've just seen that photo doing the rounds in the mainstream media and subsequently found this thread.

Well done to the posters here at UM who were on top of it being a fake.

#70    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,587 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:19 PM

Radar wont detect it,as its made out of plywood and cardboard,Oh dear I hope I havent upset the local Mullah.

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#71    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

• 25,104 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:25 PM

View Postspud the mackem, on 15 February 2013 - 05:19 PM, said:

Radar wont detect it,as its made out of plywood and cardboard,Oh dear I hope I havent upset the local Mullah.
Well, actually that worked pretty well for the Mosquito ...

H. P. Lovecraft.

#72    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,973 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:47 PM

View PostLord Vetinari, on 15 February 2013 - 05:25 PM, said:

Well, actually that worked pretty well for the Mosquito ...
The Mosquito was an AWESOME aircraft!  It received far less credit than it was due, IMO.  It must have been a joy to fly.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#73    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,501 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:33 AM

View Postand then, on 15 February 2013 - 11:47 PM, said:

The Mosquito was an AWESOME aircraft!  It received far less credit than it was due, IMO.  It must have been a joy to fly.

Glad you posted that.  I thought he was talking about wee mosquitos and it hurt my head to imagine them being made of plywood & cardboard.

#74    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,926 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:34 AM

It incorporates all the attributes of a modern jet fighter on the software, where materials, propulsion, avionics, payload, scale, and 1,000 other requirements are all taken for granted with mouse clicks and keyboard inputs.   They can design a stealthy jet on AutoCAD and manufacture a miniature.   They threw this basement project that just got catapulted as a premature pre-prototype.  It's a hoax more by how it was announced than by what it is.  There's a million stages required in the development of a stealth fighter; you don't need titanium alloys to test a model in a wind tunnel.  That said, this weapon is entirely political.   I think the possibility of Iran indigenously producing stealth fighters before buying hand-me downs from China or Russia is approaching zero.

"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#75    skookum

skookum

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:58 PM

We have had the turquoise stealth mini sub and stealth fighter.  Next will be the tank.  

Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users