Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Shadow People...are they real?

NEl_70

Well I was just wondering if anyone out there have heard of these. I am pretty sure that i read about them on here.

But when i was about 9, and way before I knew of this I had an encounter with one of these "shadow people" and was wondering if anyone had some inout on this subject.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Barek Halfhand

• NEl_70

• Aere Thalia

• Shadowh86

Well like I said it was around when I was 8-9 yrs. old, and I was down by a creek near my home with my cousin b/c where i live there is practically nothing to do. Well we were just walking by it and I looked up across the other side and saw at first what I thought to be just somebody...but looking again I did not see anything but black. The distance this "person" was standing i should have been able to see the color of his skin, his face,hair color, etc. After noticing this I nudged my cousin and pointed to it and said she saw it as well....well we didnt stay around after that, after we both acknowledged this we ran as fast as we can back to the road and back to my home. I would like some input on this plz

Arent 'shadow people' a type of ghost? The ones you see in the corner of your eye as a shadow and that its very rare for them to be seen?

If that is true then I am pretty lucky then because i stared at it for a minute or two.

Arent 'shadow people' a type of ghost? The ones you see in the corner of your eye as a shadow and that its very rare for them to be seen?
Shadow people are a type of ghost and have mostly been seen in the waverly hills sanatorioum in kentucky, And people that have encountered them have had things thrown at them including chunks of concrete off the walls.

Can any of you refer me to any good websites that have info on this subject. Like i said I was only 9 at the time that i saw it.

I saw a shadow person when i was little. The house i lived in was very haunted. But anyway i was watching cartoons. I turned and looked to the dining room. and there was some thing standing there. The thing is that it wasent black. all you could see a outline and a little grey. But it turned and ran through the kitchen into where my mom and dad where sleeping and disappeared.

Shadow people to me are nothing more than spirits being shown to our dimension. I've seen shadow people a good number of times and never felt anything negative with them personally unless they were of the negative kind generally.

Do they vary like animals??? The one I saw was pitch black

Hi NEI:

I think they're ultradimensional entities that are able to slip in and our of our dimension. Talk show host George Noori even said he had an experience with shadow rodents. They would scurry back and force like mice. He said they were large though and appeared like aardvarks or something similar.

There is a lady who has studied not only about shadow people in general, but also about the "Hat Man", a shadow person who appears wearing a fedora hat. Her name is Heidi Hollis. Here is her website:

http://www.shadows.ufo2u.com/

I hope you find this helpful. :)

linked-image

Shadow people to me are nothing more than spirits being shown to our dimension. I've seen shadow people a good number of times and never felt anything negative with them personally unless they were of the negative kind generally.

yeah same here.

Well thanks everyone for helping me understand a lil more about this. I guess we can keep this going by other sharing related experiences?

Hi NEI:

I think they're ultradimensional entities that are able to slip in and our of our dimension. Talk show host George Noori even said he had an experience with shadow rodents. They would scurry back and force like mice. He said they were large though and appeared like aardvarks or something similar.

There is a lady who has studied not only about shadow people in general, but also about the "Hat Man", a shadow person who appears wearing a fedora hat. Her name is Heidi Hollis. Here is her website:

http://www.shadows.ufo2u.com/

I hope you find this helpful. :)

linked-image

wasnt the hat man in james bond live and let die?

yesssir a beooootiful day hahahahahahahahaha!

hey all...T

here is no more denying this ladies and gents ...MANY of us have seen these (shadow people)....again I have 3 sketchy theories Im formalizing ...one is concurrent with the inter dimensional beings idea (isis, above)the second is the alien disguised as a ghost theory....another idea has to do with the concept of AP preditors (a work of paranoia in progress)

....we have all read the the numerous posts that come in week after week describing the same foggy, shadow enitity or a cloaked , hooded figure that often seem to come with a Sleep Paralysis induced state(another hot button issue).....B

Edited by Barek Halfhand

Shadow people are a type of ghost and have mostly been seen in the waverly hills sanatorioum in kentucky, And people that have encountered them have had things thrown at them including chunks of concrete off the walls.

They are not ghosts because they cam move from point A to poin B in a blink of an eye

There are aliens AND paranormal phenomena called Shadow People or Shadow beings

They look like black cloud but aliens look like shapes of human or animal and they have contact with humans but paranormal phenomena do not

And pharanormal phenomena often come in dreams and then they can "talk" to you throo actions you do or something like that :)

Ugh, and I pick this topic for my first post, too. Brilliant, really.

Anyway, I've seen them several times in both the house I'm currently living in, and the house before this, starting well before I knew what a shadow person was. In fact, it was a friend of mine that urged me to do a little research on the subject after I described seeing them (mostly out of the corner of my eye, and it has yet to be clearly and distinctly, except for that one time.) and decide if I wanted to stay here or not.

However, I have to wonder, if they're not interdimensional beings, can they become attached to a person or an object, like ghosts are said to do from time to time. Because if so, it probably means the one I had at the old house followed me to the new (which would just figure, with my luck).

Anyway. My little bugger(s?) are getting braver, I think, because I clearly saw it dash across my yard a while back. They give me nasty, nasty feelings, especially in the room where I have my 'office', so to speak, and in my kitchen, and my pets tend to shy and get nervous either in here, or near the stove (where I've seen it flitter by from time to time).

And wow, what a pointless first post it is. Still. Just thought I'd share. :tu:

Edited by Exorcize

Ugh, and I pick this topic for my first post, too. Brilliant, really.

Anyway, I've seen them several times in both the house I'm currently living in, and the house before this, starting well before I knew what a shadow person was. In fact, it was a friend of mine that urged me to do a little research on the subject after I described seeing them (mostly out of the corner of my eye, and it has yet to be clearly and distinctly, except for that one time.) and decide if I wanted to stay here or not.

However, I have to wonder, if they're not interdimensional beings, can they become attached to a person or an object, like ghosts are said to do from time to time. Because if so, it probably means the one I had at the old house followed me to the new (which would just figure, with my luck).

Anyway. My little bugger(s?) are getting braver, I think, because I clearly saw it dash across my yard a while back. They give me nasty, nasty feelings, especially in the room where I have my 'office', so to speak, and in my kitchen, and my pets tend to shy and get nervous either in here, or near the stove (where I've seen it flitter by from time to time).

And wow, what a pointless first post it is. Still. Just thought I'd share. :tu:

yo

yea,this is a somewhat more serious fist post,but welcome none the less....

anyways another proposed theory is that there is some sort of a symbiotic relationship between the "host" (us) and the shadow entity ...the consensus is that these beings feed off of dischargeing negative energy being released by psi or semi psi individuals, and in the process getting the sensibilites enhanced somehow by this feeding session..(SP)

...the origin of this xeno form is yet to be determined......

"Xeno-form" copywrite pending

Edited by Barek Halfhand

Well, progress, yeah I have had a few run ins with shadows. Why everyone sees them as "bad" I don't know. OK a bit predatory but, not evil or bad i don't think.

I woke up to shadow beings flying on my ceiling, and a woman appeared right next to my bed. It was the scariest moment in my entire life, b/c she stared at me and got closer and closer as she did this. Those shadows were flying around the room the whole time.. When she disappeared, so did they..

It could have been SP, but i'm not certain...

I woke up to shadow beings flying on my ceiling, and a woman appeared right next to my bed. It was the scariest moment in my entire life, b/c she stared at me and got closer and closer as she did this. Those shadows were flying around the room the whole time.. When she disappeared, so did they..

It could have been SP, but i'm not certain...

:huh: what did her face look like???!....B

:unsure:

i've been coming to unexplained mysteries for some time now, but just recently became a member. this is my first post.

in my opinion, because of personal experiences, i believe there are many forms of "shadow people". i have seen what could be described as a man in a hat/cloak with some friends. he used to walk the neighborhood i hung out in as a teenager. almost everyone who has hung out there that i've met has seen him. i have also had experiences with the shadows that you see from the corner of your eye or that float on walls and ceilings. my most memorable experience with a shadow person though is long standing. i've always had experiences with the paranormal. the house i spent most of my childhood in is haunted and i seemed to be the center of the haunting. there were many things that happened to me in that house until it was sold when i was in my 20's. i could tell you some crazy stories. but since this post is about shadow people, i'll stick to that.

when i was about 10 years old i began waking up in the middle of the night and a shadow-man would be standing at the foot of my bed, watching me. he was three dimensional. the only way i can really describe him would be if a tall man were standing in front of you, wearing a black body suit that covered his entire body, even his face. many nights i woke up and he'd be there watching me. i know it wasn't sleep paralysis, because i would be startled awake and sit up and he'd still be there staring at me. and eventually, he'd leave and i couldn't sleep the rest of the night. i usually went downstairs and watched tv after that. one night i woke up feeling his presence, and didn't get the chance to site up, because when i opened my eyes, he was bent over me, right in my face. i vaguely remember red eyes, but that part i'm not sure isn't just what i perceived his eyes would be like. i closed mine and eventually he left. after that night i moved my bed to the other side of the room. i don't know what good this was supposed to do, but i was 10. after that, i stayed up late many nights. and when i went up the stairs something would grab my shoulder. it felt like a little girl to me. i had many experiences with her in the house, too. also, after i moved my bed, it was against the wall that connected to the stairs. i can't even remember the number of times i'd go to bed after everyone else, be grabbed, then lay in bed and listen to something walking up and down the stairs until i finally fell asleep. to this day, i still have insomnia and have to move furniture around, sometimes switching entire rooms.

hooded figure that often seem to come with a Sleep Paralysis induced state(another hot button issue)

Ever heard of the "Boogey man"? Yea...that's him. His purpose seems to bring out the personal fear of various people.

anyways another proposed theory is that these are some sort of a symbiotic relationship between the "host" (us) and the shadow entity ...the consensis is that these beings feed off of dischargeing negative energy being released by psi or semi psi individuals, and in the process getting the sensibilites enhanced somehow by this feeding session..(SP)

Hmm...I agree, but it isn't always just negativity...but significance of the individuals have in this world. The shadow entities and the "boogey man"...who they are is fear, chaos, hinderance, that is their purpose. It is 'evil' and negativity as that is what they are, but then again it is also an experience to force people to face what they fear, and learn how to deal with it. HOWEVER, it is to say that these shadow entities and "boogey man" usually -don't- want people to resolve their fears, but rather increase it, so they can feed off it. Just like any person who gets off of doing something they like, etc...It is up to the person experiencing it to resolve their fears, and strengthen themselves so they are not going to be pawned on all the time.