Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Ancylotherium (Not Mokele-mmbmbe)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1    Naveed

Naveed

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 18 April 2003 - 08:28 PM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/beasts/factfiles/fact...lotherium.shtml

I found this in the factfiles on the Walking With Prehistoric Beasts website. On the bottom of the details section it says:

They are thought to have become extinct only a couple of million years ago, although there are sometimes strange sightings which lead people to speculate that they may still survive in some parts of Africa.

Anyone heard of anything about this besides there?                                                  

#2    Loonboy

Loonboy

Poltergeist

• 2,852 posts

Posted 19 April 2003 - 09:51 AM

No, but what a fab looking creature.

Do what you want and be what you feel. Because after all, those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't 'mind.

Work hard, keep the ceremonies, live peacably, and unite your hearts. Hopi

Listen to the voice of nature, for it holds treasures for you. Huron

The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears. Minquass

#3    emmy

emmy

Psychic Spy

• 1,448 posts

Posted 19 April 2003 - 06:14 PM

No, but what a fab looking creature.

I have to agree with you LB its a cool looking creature.                                                  

#4    Naveed

Naveed

Psychic Spy

• 1,064 posts

Posted 19 April 2003 - 09:31 PM

Well I did a search on yahoo, and that came up with nothing other then info that doesn't involve any sightings. Couldn't find anything about it on Cryptozoology websites either. So I wonder if thats the only place we'll hear about it, or if perhaps more will come out in the near future. I'd like to see more cuz theres always a better chance of a prehistoric mammal surviving then a dinosaur. Other then that I agree with you two. It's a awesome creature.                                                  

#5    Kismit

Kismit

Telekinetic

• 7,680 posts

Posted 20 April 2003 - 09:27 AM

ThanX for the link Naveed   smile.gif

and what a Fab looking avatar emmy  smile.gif                                                  

#6    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,088 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 20 April 2003 - 09:47 AM

If members of that species still exist today, then it's probably time someone made some serious ammendments to the history books.

smile.gif                                                  

#7    schadeaux

schadeaux

Ambiguitous

• 1,887 posts

Posted 20 April 2003 - 06:29 PM

Here's another page I found on these creatures:

BEAST

The original is in French or something here: Click

Also a guy named Dennis Geraads wrote an article on them in Geobios, issue 35.  Dunno the year.                                                  

"To study and not think is a waste.
To think and not study is dangerous."
Confucius

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users