Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Canadian UFO sightings doubled in 2012

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16    Sundew

Sundew

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

• Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectos Nunc

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:45 AM

The real question is, if you run a graph of UFO sightings and superimpose it over a graph of Molson sales for 2012, do they match?

#17    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 3,241 posts

• I only floccinaucinihilipilificate
    when it IS worthless...

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:47 AM

View PostAndromedan Starseed 333, on 15 May 2013 - 07:40 PM, said:

...almost over 2,000 UFO cases and these so called experts are still skeptical about it?
No, we aren't skeptical at all about UFO's existing.  I see several each night - they are most likely planes and choppers, even the occasional satellite, but they are genuine unidentified flying objects..  Are you perhaps misusing the term?  Try to remember what the U stands for, OK?

what do you guys want little green men to land on your backyards and drop by to say hi or something?
Answering my own question, yes you are - you're talking about aliens, aren't you..  You see, aliens and UFOs aren't the same thing..

i am not saying to believe everything but don't dismiss it either or not research it
So I shall now ask AGAIN:

Andromedan Starseed 333, in your expert opinion what is the best documented UFO case involving aliens?

The last few times I have asked this, silence ensued...  but I live in hope..

Edited by Chrlzs, 16 May 2013 - 09:48 AM.

All my posts about Apollo are dedicated to the memory of MID - who knew, lived and was an integral part of, Apollo.

"Like the JFK assassination conspiracy theories, the UFO issue probably will not go away soon, no matter what the CIA does or says. The belief that we are not alone in the universe is too emotionally appealing and the distrust of our government is too pervasive to make the issue amenable to traditional scientific studies or rational explanation and evidence." - Gerald K Haines

#18    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,360 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:43 AM

View PostChrlzs, on 16 May 2013 - 09:47 AM, said:

<snip>

So I shall now ask AGAIN:

Andromedan Starseed 333, in your expert opinion what is the best documented UFO case involving aliens?

The last few times I have asked this, silence ensued...  but I live in hope..

Good luck, Chrlzs, I myself have asked that question never to receive a solid answer...

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#19    highdesert50

highdesert50

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:03 PM

An obvious question is does a comparable increase in sightings occur just south of the border to these provinces?

#20    angi chiesa

angi chiesa

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:08 AM

I really have to tell you that I have been cheated by UFOs or rather lack of them.
For the last 15 years I have cruised my sailing catamaran often at night as well as day. In all these many hours of sailing up on deck I HAVE NEVER SOON A UFO. Ok I have seen many flying objects , but all identified. I wish to protest to the negligence of the UFO controller.

#21    S2F

S2F

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,708 posts

• If you don't believe the sun will rise
    Stand alone and greet the coming night
    In the last remaining light -Audioslave

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:04 AM

View Postbadeskov, on 16 May 2013 - 10:43 AM, said:

Good luck, Chrlzs, I myself have asked that question never to receive a solid answer...

Cheers,
Badeskov

It's because some people believe quantity trumps quality where the 'truth' is concerned. They don't have a single solid case though they will tell you of numerous questionable cases and assume that the truth must be buried in there somewhere because 'look at how many there are'!

Personally, I don't get it.

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#22    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,169 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:09 PM

Sightings doubled in 2012?

heres the news from  April. 2012

OTTAWA - The air force will expand testing of drones over Canadian soil this year, giving itself — and potentially law-enforcement agencies — more eyes in the sky.

But a legal expert warns the emerging technology needs close study and clear restrictions when it's not being used to wage war.

Unmanned aerial vehicles or UAVs have become the weapon of choice for the U.S. in strikes against al-Qaida, and the Americans are stepping up their use along the Canadian border.

Errol Mendes, a University of Ottawa law professor and former adviser to Paul Martin's government, says parliamentarians should have a close look at the emerging technology and consider the implications of their civilian use.

Mendes says lawmakers also need to consider whether drones should be armed.

Although the Canadian military used Israeli-made drones in Afghanistan for at least three years, their first use at home came last summer during an annual exercise in the Arctic.

http://www.huffingto..._n_1478529.html

Edited by seeder, 24 June 2013 - 03:09 PM.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#23    EnderOTD

EnderOTD

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 474 posts

• I tried to enter my favorite quote but the data limit was breached so you get this. Pretty anti-climatic isn't it?

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:31 PM

View PostAndromedan Starseed 333, on 15 May 2013 - 07:40 PM, said:

yeah baby UFOs UFOs UFOs!!!!Canada your lucky.i wish i was there for this.almost over 2,000 UFO cases and these so called experts are still skeptical about it?what do you guys want little green men to land on your backyards and drop by to say hi or something?i am not saying to believe everything but don't dismiss it either or not research it
Yes, don't you as well?  The skeptics want to believe in E.T. visitation as well, and I believe spend considerably more energy researching cases than the non-questioning blind faithers.  Ask any person you consider a skeptic if there are cases they can not find a rational and prosaic explanation to debunk a claim.  You will be surprised with the response.  Considering the state of Ufology, i think it would benefit even believers to take a skeptical position when investigating a claim.  There is just to much tripe and bogus material to wade through to take all these sightings at face value

#24    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,169 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:40 PM

View Postangi chiesa, on 24 June 2013 - 09:08 AM, said:

I really have to tell you that I have been cheated by UFOs or rather lack of them.
For the last 15 years I have cruised my sailing catamaran often at night as well as day. In all these many hours of sailing up on deck I HAVE NEVER SOON A UFO. Ok I have seen many flying objects , but all identified. I wish to protest to the negligence of the UFO controller.

Take a trip to Norway and maybe you can still see these things which REGULARLY appear in the skies, use the nav bar on left to find more images/vids etc etc

http://www.hessdalen.org/pictures/

the story
http://www.hessdalen.org/index_e.shtml

Edited by seeder, 24 June 2013 - 08:41 PM.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users