Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

New: Ancient Aliens Aliens And Cover Ups


  • Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#16    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

    Coffee expert extraordinair

  • Member
  • 3,845 posts
  • Joined:16 Jun 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Belgium

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:01 PM

View PostWinterwind, on 03 January 2013 - 01:46 PM, said:

*sigh*

Before watching the video in the OP I thought I'd go back and watch the first episode of the season. Barely five minutes in and I'm cursing at the "TV" (my laptop actually).

"OMG! Pyramids all over the world! How is it possible that these primitive people, before global communication, were all building pyramids with similar shapes and structures? It must be aliens!"

I guess the fact that it's a bloody basic design structure, wide, square base with four sides narrowing as you go up couldn't explain anything.

I think I need therapy. I can't watch this show without getting angry or weeping at the continued erosion of our collective intelligence. That and bouts of self-loathing for not finding a way to exploit a certain segment of the population for my own financial gain.

Mate you ought to watch it the same way you watch comedy, that's what I do and by the lords of Cobol,they are ever so funny and entertaining.  It's like watching an episode of Top Gear, you know it should be a car show, but in fact you spend half the time laughing.

It is only the ignorant who despise education.
Publilius Syrus.

So god made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?!

#17    Hasina

Hasina

    Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

  • Member
  • 3,048 posts
  • Joined:28 Aug 2012
  • Gender:Female

  • JINKIES

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:28 PM

View PostTheSearcher, on 03 January 2013 - 05:01 PM, said:



Mate you ought to watch it the same way you watch comedy, that's what I do and by the lords of Cobol,they are ever so funny and entertaining.  It's like watching an episode of Top Gear, you know it should be a car show, but in fact you spend half the time laughing.
Differences is, I learn about cars while laughing, with Ancient Aliens... Well... I learned that aliens like to use stone... A lot.

Edited by Hasina, 03 January 2013 - 05:28 PM.

Posted Image

~MEH~


#18    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

    Coffee expert extraordinair

  • Member
  • 3,845 posts
  • Joined:16 Jun 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Belgium

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:36 PM

View PostHasina, on 03 January 2013 - 05:28 PM, said:

Differences is, I learn about cars while laughing, with Ancient Aliens... Well... I learned that aliens like to use stone... A lot.

Point taken. Although if you want to become a mason or such........ :P  ;)

It is only the ignorant who despise education.
Publilius Syrus.

So god made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?!

#19    Hasina

Hasina

    Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

  • Member
  • 3,048 posts
  • Joined:28 Aug 2012
  • Gender:Female

  • JINKIES

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:55 PM

View PostTheSearcher, on 03 January 2013 - 05:36 PM, said:



Point taken. Although if you want to become a mason or such........ :P  ;)
I already do the human equivalent. I've built birdhouses before, in the far flung future when pigeons have taken over, the idiots will think they built them.

Edited by Hasina, 03 January 2013 - 05:55 PM.

Posted Image

~MEH~


#20    WoIverine

WoIverine

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 6,721 posts
  • Joined:16 Sep 2008
  • Gender:Male

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:00 PM

Not to defend AA here, but there are some things shown during misc episodes of the show which are very difficult to explain. Precision cut rocks with almost laser like or diamond drill proficiency come to mind. I personally don't believe an ancient stone mason would sit there for hours on end with some form of archaic sand paper trying to perfect the edge (or groove) of a giant slab of rock, that would be a collosal waste of time, at least to me.

Edited by WoIverine, 03 January 2013 - 06:06 PM.


#21    Hasina

Hasina

    Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

  • Member
  • 3,048 posts
  • Joined:28 Aug 2012
  • Gender:Female

  • JINKIES

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:07 PM

View PostWoIverine, on 03 January 2013 - 06:00 PM, said:

Not to defend AA here, but there are some things shown during the show which are very difficult to explain. Precision cut rocks with almost laser like or diamond drill proficiency come to mind. I personally don't believe an ancient stone mason would sit there for hours on end with some form of archaic sand paper trying to perfect the edge of a giant slab of rock, that would be a collosal waste of time, at least to me.
I actually think that's exactly what happened. Come on, we have people who spend most of their working hours assembling the same two pieces, over and over and over, though now we have machines to do it. When there's nothing to do, a repetitive action eats up the most time. You can zone out, stuff like smoothing rocks, probably didn't take much energy if you're just sitting there. Especially when it comes to what people could do with their free time. You could walk around, eat, hunt, look at stuff, or build. I know I would build, build, BUILD! MWHAHAHA~ -dashes out a window-

Posted Image

~MEH~


#22    Myles

Myles

    Alien Abducter

  • Member
  • 4,419 posts
  • Joined:08 Jan 2007
  • Gender:Male

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:07 PM

View PostWoIverine, on 03 January 2013 - 06:00 PM, said:

Not to defend AA here, but there are some things shown during misc episodes of the show which are very difficult to explain. Precision cut rocks with almost laser like or diamond drill proficiency come to mind. I personally don't believe an ancient stone mason would sit there for hours on end with some form of archaic sand paper trying to perfect the edge (or groove) of a giant slab of rock, that would be a collosal waste of time, at least to me.
With large quantities of workers and large quantities of time, almost anything is possible.


#23    Myles

Myles

    Alien Abducter

  • Member
  • 4,419 posts
  • Joined:08 Jan 2007
  • Gender:Male

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:09 PM

View PostHasina, on 03 January 2013 - 06:07 PM, said:

I actually think that's exactly what happened. Come on, we have people who spend most of their working hours assembling the same two pieces, over and over and over, though now we have machines to do it. When there's nothing to do, a repetitive action eats up the most time. You can zone out, stuff like smoothing rocks, probably didn't take much energy if you're just sitting there. Especially when it comes to what people could do with their free time. You could walk around, eat, hunt, look at stuff, or build. I know I would build, build, BUILD! MWHAHAHA~ -dashes out a window-
I know.   My father spends hours and hours sanding on wood in his garage.   The final outcome is great, but I don't have the patience when I could just go buy it done already.


#24    Hasina

Hasina

    Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

  • Member
  • 3,048 posts
  • Joined:28 Aug 2012
  • Gender:Female

  • JINKIES

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:11 PM

View PostMyles, on 03 January 2013 - 06:09 PM, said:

I know.   My father spends hours and hours sanding on wood in his garage.   The final outcome is great, but I don't have the patience when I could just go buy it done already.
People like you and me would've been sacrificed to Quetzalcoatl so the others would have more patience sanding rocks. ;D

Posted Image

~MEH~


#25    Winterwind

Winterwind

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 91 posts
  • Joined:25 Jan 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London, Ontario

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:38 PM

View PostTheSearcher, on 03 January 2013 - 05:01 PM, said:

Mate you ought to watch it the same way you watch comedy, that's what I do and by the lords of Cobol,they are ever so funny and entertaining.  It's like watching an episode of Top Gear, you know it should be a car show, but in fact you spend half the time laughing.

I've tried watching it that way and have in the past but now... I just can't. Maybe I'm going through a phase.

Issue 19 of the Winterwind Papers now online
- http://www.winterwind-productions.com
- Nationalism, brotherhood, 'pop' culture and puppy love

#26    grendals_bane

grendals_bane

    Master Procrastinator

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts
  • Joined:03 Dec 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:England

  • I have a great mind to believe in Christianity for the mere pleasure of fancying I may be damned. - Byron

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:40 PM

I always feel vaguely ashamed of myself after watching Ancient Aliens, it's like cheating on the logical part of your brain with a deranged hussy. :P

"There is no such thing as good and evil, just various shades of grey."

#27    skywizard

skywizard

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Joined:21 Dec 2012
  • Gender:Male

  • Accept or Change

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:41 PM

View PostWoIverine, on 03 January 2013 - 06:00 PM, said:

Not to defend AA here, but there are some things shown during misc episodes of the show which are very difficult to explain.

I would just like to know how they moved and stacked those suckers, rope and men...  ah, don't think so

Edited by skywizard, 03 January 2013 - 10:42 PM.

~~ Never stop looking for what's not there ~~
~~ One foot in the Ancient World and the other in the Now ~~

#28    WoIverine

WoIverine

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 6,721 posts
  • Joined:16 Sep 2008
  • Gender:Male

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:53 PM

View Postskywizard, on 03 January 2013 - 10:41 PM, said:

I would just like to know how they moved and stacked those suckers, rope and men...  ah, don't think so

Tend to agree here as some stone quarries were from sites that were several miles away. I just don't see hundreds of guys dragging giant slabs of rock from a site greater than 100 miles away, and then putting forth all the effort required to stack them so high. I mean...why? Really, why? Because of their Gods?

That's interesting because the Biblical God kind of got p***ed off when humans built the tower of Babel...(and the Egyptian Gods / Pharoahs encouraged building of these giant structures?) so, interesting parralels with that one. Jesus never said, "go forth and build me a pyramid" either. Differing religions of different times though.

Edited by WoIverine, 03 January 2013 - 10:59 PM.


#29    skywizard

skywizard

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Joined:21 Dec 2012
  • Gender:Male

  • Accept or Change

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:28 PM

View PostWoIverine, on 03 January 2013 - 10:53 PM, said:

Tend to agree here as some stone quarries were from sites that were several miles away. I just don't see hundreds of guys dragging giant slabs of rock from a site greater than 100 miles away, and then putting forth all the effort required to stack them so high. I mean...why? Really, why? Because of their Gods?

That's interesting because the Biblical God kind of got p***ed off when humans built the tower of Babel...(and the Egyptian Gods / Pharoahs encouraged building of these giant structures?) so, interesting parralels with that one. Jesus never said, "go forth and build me a pyramid" either. Differing religions of different times though.


We will never really know what went on back then or what technology they had but I’ve been to Mexico and seen a Mayan temple and it was truly amazing.

Another thing with all that knowledge the Maya had, why act like savages and pull other humans hearts out to please their Gods, make it rain or whatever. Being that smart did they really think that would work… I guess they did.

What if someone else had them built, taught the obident ones, killed the unruley one then left??  well just me thinking   :whistle:

~skywizard

Edited by skywizard, 03 January 2013 - 11:30 PM.

~~ Never stop looking for what's not there ~~
~~ One foot in the Ancient World and the other in the Now ~~

#30    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

    SCIENCE!

  • Member
  • 10,553 posts
  • Joined:08 Nov 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Queensland, Australia.

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:56 PM

your rationale is that because they believed in stuff we find crazy they were actually idiots and couldn't havr built all the things they did?

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users