Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Michael Moore Hates America

bathory

well i'm really interested in this film, it'll be interesting to see if he follows the path of being completely honest, or a film that using all the tricks Moore uses to expose Moore for what he really is:)

MMHA

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BurnSide

• The Nameless One

• wunarmdscissor

• Falco Rex

Cool Bathory. thumbsup.gif

but do they really need to make a documentary about this? Arent his views mind numbingly apparent to anyone who has seen any of his documentaries.

O wait... americans dont want to hear about their own hypocrisy!

user posted image

Hahahahaha,

that link is sweet bathory. thumbsup.gif

Good job posting that(much needed).

*raises hand timidly*

ok i know im gonna get ridiculed for this, but who is Micheal Moore? before you go off on a rant about uninformed people are, please note that i am merely 17 and have lived a sheltered life. Anyway, ive heard the name before, but dont know anything about him. anyone wanna shed some light on the subject?

thanx

TC

The Cheat, Michael Moore is a loudmouth film-maker who is basically more in love with the sound of his own voice than actually saying something. While I agree with him on some issues, I think he's a huckster, and hurts his cause because of this.

hating michael moore is kind of like hating a doctor.

yes, he gets paid lots for what he does, but he has saved more lives than jesus.

i've never understood why people, especially americans, dislike him. he's fighting for the good of YOU people, bringing down the evil corporations, saving lives, stoping guns from being sold to kids in toystores, exposing the real conspiracies, fighting for human rights for the little man, you.

it's kind of sick to hate him really.

oh, and of course he hates america. who doesn't.

no offense. american people are awesome, american way of life, terrible. come to canada people! we show you what livin is about!!!

I never said I didn't agree with Michael Moore on some points, but the point remains that I don't think he's so much concerned with fixing things in America as he is with making a lot of noise.

he's doing more than anyone else.

in that sense, i totally agree!

you gotta give him that though. he IS doing something.

unfortunately, what he is doing is really nothing but raising eyebrows, and making money. and that, to most people, makes him a bad person because he is indeed a better-off person than them. if people actually saw what he was doing, and not question why, he wouldn't be hated for no reason.

wish i were as rich as michael moore...

Michael Moore is a big fat liar. whistling2.gif

like almost all the politicians inst? in especial the republicans.

Yes, Moore in a too big egocentric guy, but in his books the give a lot of very true points about the nature of the political relations in USa and the preblems in the USA society. And only one more thing, dont kill the messenger that brings bad news.

Sadly for the states half the world shares his view....

It's not sad for us. Most of us know he's full of it. My mother is an immigrant from Germany. I think she said it best , and here's her exact words..

"Before I moved to the US I had a completely different view of what America and Americans in general were like. Now that I've lived here I couldn't ever live anywhere else. The country has it's problems, but overall the people and the lifestyle are better than everywhere else I've been. It really is a great place if you take the time to know it."

Well, that's her opinion anyway. But I will say that she was born in Germany and had lived in a few other countries in Europe before she came here, so at least she has something to make a comparison to...

I think this is all about discrediting him, both this documentary and this thread because he says what most Americans don't want to hear, the truth. He is not a patriot so all the blind followers will naturally dislike him. "Michael Moore is a big fat liar" Theres a constructive adult remark if ever I heard one. If thats the only argument you got Kellalor then you can't win. and Jenk, probably more like 80% of the world.

It never ceases to amaze me that when the topic of hating America is brought up so many supposedly fair-minded and rational individuals jump in to point fingers. While I can fully understand the hatred of American foreign policy and share that view myself to some extent, it rarely stops there. It quickly deteriorates into attacks on America in general..

On what rational basis can you build your judgement? Without living here and experiencing our lives all you have to go on is the world media and people like Micheal Moore who stand to make large amounts of money by hate-mongering and finger pointing. I defy anyone to tell me they believe the Media as a whole is un-biased and uncorruptible..

I don't believed I've ever ventured to guess what the problem with Britain or Canada or France might be. The fact that I don't live there disqualifies me from acting as an expert on the subject. This, I believe is a more intellectually honest approach to seeing the world than many views I've read on the various forums so far.

I have noticed however that while many Americans on the board are willing to admit and discuss the problems with our country, the same does not hold true with other members. I've rarely seen a person willing to admit thier country has troubles when they can direct vitriol at the US instead..

It seems that uber-patriotism is not strictly an American invention..

I've rarely seen a person willing to admit thier country has troubles when they can direct vitriol at the US instead..

thumbsup.gif Right on. thumbsup.gif

Well said Falco Rex thumbsup.gif . I would like to point out I my self was not bashing the states I was simply pointing out the view of many others. My own view is an extrem dislike for the American Government but I find the people warm and friendly. I have traveld in the US and have been to at least 30 States and the people there have always been friendlyand pleasent to me (Sadly I found some alittle ignorant of the rest of the world. I remember someone asking me this *in a southern accent* "do You got cable in your igloo?").

I'm not afriad to bash my home land either. Right now Canada is in the middle of a fed election and I have to say I hate all of the parties and dislike all of the fools they call leaders. We have had so much curroption of late it's making me physicaly sick!

If you plane of bashing another countrie can you at least make a organized statement instead of simply insulting, doing this will make others take you more series and help make your point.

*note: I'm not pointing fingers at anyones post

No offense taken from you Jenk. I'm a lot more likely to accept criticism from Canadiens anyway as many Canadians have actually been here and have a better view on the situation from the ground level. Also our cultures have so many similarities that it's more of an inside view than you might get from others..

Sorry about the igloo comment you had to endure, but ignorance is a thing that's universal in my experience. (Although here I find it's more common in some states than others whistling2.gif )

I agree with you, Falco Rex. It's so easy to point the finger, but there are always three that point right back. America isnt the only country with crooked politicians, or scandals in the office. A lot of people from different countries hate us. But we have a lot of cultures in our country, so these people are actually hating a small part of themselves, also. And although there are a lot of people that hate America, they also dont really have an idea of what it's like to live here. Sure, we have bums and things like that, but we also have a higher standard of living then most countries. And a lot of people come to America for the jobs and the oppurtunities.

whistling2.gif Canada has a higher standard whistling2.gif

But there's no way in hell I'd ever pay 10 bucks for a pack of smokes. Besides, I live in New Hampshire, we have almost no taxes at all.. thumbsup.gif

*erased by me*

Edited by Mekorig

Michael Moore is a big fat liar. 

So columbine mdidnt happen?????????

So teenagers arent regularly blowing each other away????

So There isnt a problem with guns in america?????

So you cant take dry ice on an aeroplane but you can take a lighter, because someone connected in a high place has got connections with a large tobbacco firm, when there has already been an incident on a plane with a lighter, the shoe bomber guy?

So Racism doesnt exist in america and doesnt get covered up????

So the NRA didnt hold a convention in a small town days after ANOTHER teenage killing?????

So the American welfare system isnt a disgrace????

So you cant just walk into a superstore an buy a gun????????

Why do you all have such a problem with this guy??

Ok hes obviously in it for his own gain as well as others who isnt in life....

He doesnt toe the party line big wow.

The guy is trying to do somethin and if by makin his films he makes one teenager stop before buying a gun an killin someone then its more than most people do in a lifetime.

If he gets law changed in america concerning at least one of the many issues he brings to the forefront then great no matter what he gains out of it.

BTW falco rex we are more than willing to look at our own country's failings in the past an present and the UK has more than its fair share.

We also have people exactly like moore in our own country IE: Roger Cook.

However instead of discredting and abusing them at every step, instead of accusing them of being un-partiotic we applaud theyre work.

Whatever theyre gain, they have a voice that can be heard and thats whats important.