Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Hinduism and Aryan


  • Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

#91    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

    High priest of Darwinism

  • Member
  • 9,582 posts
  • Joined:15 Nov 2010
  • Gender:Male

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:01 PM

I doubt that Slavs tried to equate their deities with those of India.

Perun and Brahma -Four faced Gods.

Posted Image

Posted Image

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#92    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

    High priest of Darwinism

  • Member
  • 9,582 posts
  • Joined:15 Nov 2010
  • Gender:Male

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:03 PM

Indra which is now worshiped by Hinduists. Its in fact Perun, Thor, Zeus. Also Varuna water god is worshiped by IE. IE also believed in Zoroastrianisms/Budhists/Vedic  Mithra.

Wheres Anatolia there?

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#93    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 7,598 posts
  • Joined:18 Jun 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tennessee, USA

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:11 PM

View Postthe L, on 28 November 2012 - 11:03 PM, said:

Indra which is now worshiped by Hinduists. Its in fact Perun, Thor, Zeus. Also Varuna water god is worshiped by IE. IE also believed in Zoroastrianisms/Budhists/Vedic  Mithra.

Wheres Anatolia there?

You're reading more into these various gods than is evidenced. Yes, there are going to be similarities. Humans throughout time were experiencing much the same things in nature and were developing explanations for same. But you're also mangling timeframes for these deities in order to imply a connection that doesn't exist. Again, similarites don't equate to a connection.

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#94    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

    High priest of Darwinism

  • Member
  • 9,582 posts
  • Joined:15 Nov 2010
  • Gender:Male

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:26 PM

Indra Thor Perun and Zeus are same Gods but different names. You are wrong. There are connections.

Anyway how come that people in Anatolia didnt throughout time experienced much the same things in nature and developed explanations for same such as people in India and Europe?

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#95    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 7,598 posts
  • Joined:18 Jun 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tennessee, USA

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:44 PM

View Postthe L, on 28 November 2012 - 11:26 PM, said:

Indra Thor Perun and Zeus are same Gods but different names. You are wrong. There are connections.

Anyway how come that people in Anatolia didnt throughout time experienced much the same things in nature and developed explanations for same such as people in India and Europe?

Claiming they're the same gods doesn't make them the same gods.

They did, but they were a more localized peoples whose religious beliefs weren't distributed over a much larger area such as those of the Greeks, Scandinavians or Indians.

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#96    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

    High priest of Darwinism

  • Member
  • 9,582 posts
  • Joined:15 Nov 2010
  • Gender:Male

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:14 AM

Cormie what do you think about those people with R1a1a Haplogroup in circle which I add?

Posted Image

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#97    Harsh86_Patel

Harsh86_Patel

    Psychic Spy

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts
  • Joined:08 Aug 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:India

  • If you stare into the abyss,the abyss stares back into you

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:12 AM

View Postme-wonders, on 27 November 2012 - 05:02 PM, said:

You are sounding like a record stuck in a grove. I have a child to watch and have to sign out, but here is an explanation of genetics and the caste system that might meet your standards? At least everyone else can see there is disagreement with the position you have taken. http://genome.cshlp....t/11/6/994.full
Methinks i thinks that you got the whole migration concept in reverse.Modern and upto date facts are supporting the converse of the theory you put forward,i.e Out of India Theory,you might like to check it out.


#98    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 7,598 posts
  • Joined:18 Jun 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tennessee, USA

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:36 AM

View Postthe L, on 29 November 2012 - 05:14 AM, said:

Cormie what do you think about those people with R1a1a Haplogroup in circle which I add?

Posted Image

What about it? It's located in Upper Mesopotamia and nowhere near the area relevant to the Kurgan Hypothesis you keep going on about. Nor, as seen by its shade, is it an origin point for either European or Indian R1a1a. At best it's a migrational remnant.

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#99    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

    High priest of Darwinism

  • Member
  • 9,582 posts
  • Joined:15 Nov 2010
  • Gender:Male

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:18 PM

Could it be Mitanni?

In 2300 BC Hurrian kingdom was on north of Akkadian empire. West of Elam. After Hittites push Babylon/Amorites to the end people in north gather under one ruler. Those Hurrian people which had have isolated language were overhelmed by Indo Aryan ruling class-Mitanni or  "nhrn" /Naharin as Egyptians called them. Hurrian people spoke Hurro Urartian language not semitic or IE. Mitanni ruled from 1500 – 1300 BC. 200 years which is a lot and suddenly disappear due Hittites and as dot on i was Assyrian conquest. When Mitanni were on their zenith they border with Hittites in west,with Assyrians in east and with Egyptians in south. Beyond Assyrian land on east were Guttians. One more people which disappear from history similar to Mitannies. Their capital Waššukanni we still didnt found we only suggests thats near Khabur river. Waššukanni was first destroyed by Hittites under Suppiluliumas I then came all mighty Assyrians.  First Mitanni were competing with Egyptians but soon they realize that they both share same enemies - Hittites. Its interesting that they worship Indo European Gods such as Indra which is now worshiped by Hinduists. Its in fact Perun, Thor, Zeus. Also Varuna water god. They also believed in Zoroastrianisms/Budhists/Vedic  Mithra. Mitanni were powerfull people during those 200 years. They conquered Canaanites and beat Egyptians around todays Syria. Later they allied with Egyptians and Mitanni King Shuttarna daughter Gilu Hepa was married to Pharaoh Amenhotep III.But when Shuttarna died Egypt change politic. Hittites and Assyrians become stronger. Mitanni have bad luck that they libed in time of Suppiluliuma I and Assyrians. They were in sandwich. Then first Hittites take their capital and then came first real conquerers in history-Assyrians.  Hittites didnt last much longer from 1650 to 1209 BC due combination of factors but their decline was pushed foward by Assyrians too. Which in the end conquer Canaanites, Hebrews and Egyptians. Assyrians simply conquered all.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Its clear how Mitanni fell but no one knows how they rise. From where did they come? Was it invasion? So its around time when Aryans came. Maybe those two events are connected.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#100    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 7,598 posts
  • Joined:18 Jun 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tennessee, USA

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:10 PM

View Postthe L, on 29 November 2012 - 12:18 PM, said:

Could it be Mitanni?

In 2300 BC Hurrian kingdom was on north of Akkadian empire. West of Elam. After Hittites push Babylon/Amorites to the end people in north gather under one ruler. Those Hurrian people which had have isolated language were overhelmed by Indo Aryan ruling class-Mitanni or  "nhrn" /Naharin as Egyptians called them. Hurrian people spoke Hurro Urartian language not semitic or IE. Mitanni ruled from 1500 – 1300 BC. 200 years which is a lot and suddenly disappear due Hittites and as dot on i was Assyrian conquest. When Mitanni were on their zenith they border with Hittites in west,with Assyrians in east and with Egyptians in south. Beyond Assyrian land on east were Guttians. One more people which disappear from history similar to Mitannies. Their capital Waššukanni we still didnt found we only suggests thats near Khabur river. Waššukanni was first destroyed by Hittites under Suppiluliumas I then came all mighty Assyrians.  First Mitanni were competing with Egyptians but soon they realize that they both share same enemies - Hittites. Its interesting that they worship Indo European Gods such as Indra which is now worshiped by Hinduists. Its in fact Perun, Thor, Zeus. Also Varuna water god. They also believed in Zoroastrianisms/Budhists/Vedic  Mithra. Mitanni were powerfull people during those 200 years. They conquered Canaanites and beat Egyptians around todays Syria. Later they allied with Egyptians and Mitanni King Shuttarna daughter Gilu Hepa was married to Pharaoh Amenhotep III.But when Shuttarna died Egypt change politic. Hittites and Assyrians become stronger. Mitanni have bad luck that they libed in time of Suppiluliuma I and Assyrians. They were in sandwich. Then first Hittites take their capital and then came first real conquerers in history-Assyrians.  Hittites didnt last much longer from 1650 to 1209 BC due combination of factors but their decline was pushed foward by Assyrians too. Which in the end conquer Canaanites, Hebrews and Egyptians. Assyrians simply conquered all.

Posted Image

~SNIP~


It would be the right general area, but again that wouldn't make it an origin point.

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#101    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

    High priest of Darwinism

  • Member
  • 9,582 posts
  • Joined:15 Nov 2010
  • Gender:Male

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:16 PM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 29 November 2012 - 08:10 PM, said:

It would be the right general area, but again that wouldn't make it an origin point.

cormac

Mitanni were IE people. So I thought why not? Around them were mostly semitic people.

Cormac, what do you think from where Hittites came in Anatolia?

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#102    me-wonders

me-wonders

    Remote Viewer

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • Joined:30 May 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:17 PM

View Postthe L, on 28 November 2012 - 11:03 PM, said:

Indra which is now worshiped by Hinduists. Its in fact Perun, Thor, Zeus. Also Varuna water god is worshiped by IE. IE also believed in Zoroastrianisms/Budhists/Vedic  Mithra.

Wheres Anatolia there?

Jung would explain this as sharing symbolism.   It seems to occur even when there is no connect between cultures.  For sure many cultures assigned an importance to the north, east, south and west.   I disagree with Cormac's opinion that you read too much into similarities.  There is a benefit to seeing similarities.  And why shouldn't there be similarities?  We share the human experience.  However, there are climate differences that effect survival needs and therefore, our understanding of life and especially something as important as our understanding of the Creator and what is required of us.   H. G. Wells  defines this as a difference between the hunters of the north and the farmers of the south, and how these different cultures have interacted throughout history.

This link says India was first settled by herders who migrated to India and later the Aryans who were also herders arrived.  The Harappan are credited with the first indoor plumbing, and grid streets, and the Aryans are credited with writing and the religion.

Quote

India's Harappan and Aryan Ancient Civilizations | Suite101

suite101.com/.../indias-harappan-and-aryan-ancient-civilizations-a21...
Mar 26, 2010 – India's Harappan and Aryan Ancient Civilizations. The history of India began as nomadic herders settled in the Indus River Valley between ...

I had to look up Perun and wonder if anyone is interested in comparing the gods?  That Perun is represented by oak trees really gets my attention because oaks were also sacred to Celts.  Every time I get into ancient history, I am blown away by what appears to much more traveling and contact between groups of people than expected.  Is it just me, or do others find all this traveling and contact and similarity of gods interesting?   http://www.britannic.../453296/Perun   Should we open a thread for comparing the gods?

Edited by me-wonders, 30 November 2012 - 05:03 PM.


#103    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

    Buratinologist

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts
  • Joined:22 Sep 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:страна дураков

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:41 PM

View Postthe L, on 28 November 2012 - 11:03 PM, said:

Indra which is now worshiped by Hinduists. Its in fact Perun, Thor, Zeus. Also Varuna water god is worshiped by IE. IE also believed in Zoroastrianisms/Budhists/Vedic  Mithra

Yet, Perun, in all Slavic languages has a major difference from other similar souding names of "thunder god". It is the omission in Slavic of "K" in the word, unlike Baltic Perkunas, Perkons and the Indian version Parjanya. The "K" and Indian equivalent come from the root of "oak", and to include this in the name Perun would have been very taboo. I think it shows a link between some IE languages about the same thunder god, but I think that Perun has a different origin and is purely Slavic.


#104    me-wonders

me-wonders

    Remote Viewer

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • Joined:30 May 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:50 PM

View PostHarsh86_Patel, on 29 November 2012 - 06:12 AM, said:

Methinks i thinks that you got the whole migration concept in reverse.Modern and up to date facts are supporting the converse of the theory you put forward,i.e Out of India Theory,you might like to check it out.

I think I mentioned this possibility and my regrets for not remembering where I picked up this information.  Perhaps because of how this thread shaped my searching, it keeps coming up that the Aryans are responsible for the religion.   I must say, this conflicting information and not being able to find all of it is frustrating.  It is also nice to have more people posting.   Do you have a link for the theory that things from from India?


#105    me-wonders

me-wonders

    Remote Viewer

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • Joined:30 May 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:24 PM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 28 November 2012 - 10:59 PM, said:

I don't know about 'noble' but peaceful, perhaps. There's definitely no evidence of any sort of "invasion" meaning an incoming peoples forcing themselves, primarily through war, on more indigenous peoples.

cormac

Yes, there is evidence, but you are rejecting it, and I don't think you should be doing this.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users