Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I can now prove it!

saucy

I first said that Mary was of the line and it was in the bible, then I retracted my statement because as it turns out, I couldn't prove it, but after more hardcore searching, I found the proof.

In the Gospel of Luke, the geneology in chapter 3 starts with Joseph then says that Joseph was the son of Heli. Joseph was Heli's son in law actually because Heli was Mary's father!!!!! It then goes from Heli all the way through David and Abraham down to Adam! Mary is of the line of David and so is her son!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• whoa182

• Something Like Laughter

• joc

• SilverCougar

Top Posters In This Topic

Uhm... somehow... I doubt that they ment he was the son in law of Heli...

Matthew's geneology states that Joseph's father is Jacob. It is of Jewish tradition that Heli was Mary's father. That's a well-known fact.

Saucy, I have seen you grasp at straws before, but this one really takes the cake! You believe that the book of mythology is the word of God, inspired by God, and is nothing but truth, therefore if it had meant that Joseph was the son in law of Hedi, it would have said son in law! As it was, it just showed how inconsistent that the NT is and points to it being just another mythology with nothing new (crucified savior "Sons of God" were a dime a dozen in ancient times) to offer mankind, but very lucretive for those pushing the myth! yes.gif

It is of Jewish tradition that Heli was Mary's father. That's a well-known fact.

It's a well known tradition that Hitler made it out of Germany and died at the age of 103 in Venzeula, it is a well known tradition that Jesus was not killed on the cross by made it to India where he lived and taught for years, it is a well known tradition that Mary Magdalene was Jesus' wife, had his children and escaped to France where his descendents still live....so much for well known traditions, your book of mythology doesn't mention and neither does the Jewish writings of that period! You are seriously skirting religious paranoia rolleyes.gif

It is of Jewish tradition that Heli was Mary's father. That's a well-known fact.

Its a well known fact that the Earth is more than 6000 years old, but you're arguing against that too...

It's a fact that the earth is more than 6,000 years old? When did that escape the realm of theory and become fact??? How old is the earth stellar? I'm sure what you're answer is now will change by the end of next week. Anyways, that's not the point. Nobody can honestly dispute this new evidence so they're throwing the "the bible is mythology" card. You wanted proof, then here it is. Through the works of Josephus and other Jewish scholars and such, they've catalogued that Heli was Mary's father.

It's a fact that the earth is more than 6,000 years old?

in the eyes of christians this is not a fact because that would mean that they are wrong and we cant have anything like that

Its a well known fact, yes.

When did that escape the realm of theory and become fact???

Not all science is theory. Also, a scientific fact is not 100%, because theres always the possibility that some far out story someone comes up with *might* be right. This is what you're doing. Oh and btw, you were the first one to mention fact in this thread. Dont jump on me for saying it.

How old is the earth stellar?

Estimated to be 4.5 billion years old now. When you say its younger than 6000 years old, you're not only disregarding one area of science, but also all the people who have come up with evidence showing that civilizations like the Sumerians were around in 10 000 bc, and dinosaurs at 65 million.

I'm sure what you're answer is now will change by the end of next week. 

Huh? What? Is god gonna come by the end of next week?

Nobody can honestly dispute this new evidence so they're throwing the "the bible is mythology" card.

Oh, yes. Just like you cant dispute the evidence that the Earth is more than 6000 years old?

We can do the exact same thing. Aliens wrote the bible, and they were lying to you in order to see if you, saucy, would fall for it. There we go. See? I can come up with a far out explaination also. Or it could be the NWO which started scheming from long long ago and decided to create christianity to see how many people they can trick into believing, just because they were extreme gamblers. Doesnt it sound like someones clinging to straws and is just desperate to not look bad?

Its kind of sad that the believers can go around claiming facts here and there, but me I cant say something as simple as its a commonly accepted fact that the Earth is more than 6000 years old.

Edited by Stellar

the majority of the world would laugh at you by saying the earth is 6000 years old.

You're basicly saying that many years of Scientific research by very intelligent people is all wrong and a bum from 2000 years ago is right, that thought that pillars are holding up the sky the earth was flat.

You still think the earth is flat?

Edited by whoa182

Not pillars! Atlas! =(

Saucy,

It might help your argument if you were able to show 'how' it is that Heli is Mary's father. Where does it say that?

Saucy, I have seen you grasp at straws before, but this one really takes the cake!  You believe that the book of mythology is the word of God, inspired by God, and is nothing but truth, therefore if it had meant that Joseph was the son in law of Hedi, it would have said son in law!  As it was, it just showed how inconsistent that the NT is and points to it being just another mythology with nothing new (crucified savior "Sons of God" were a dime a dozen in ancient times) to offer mankind, but very lucretive for those pushing the myth! yes.gif

439730[/snapback]

it could be that you are ignorant of jewish laws and customs concerning preservation of the family name and inheritance.

i also do not agree with your crucified savior statement. but that is another topic.

in the eyes of christians this is not a fact because that would mean that they are wrong and we cant have anything like that

439844[/snapback]

i dont think the earth is 6000 years old. i think it is around 4 billion years old.

you know its a lot easier to admit your wrong, then try to make up things, if i was to come on here and say the world is billions of years old and then tommorow god came down and told me and everyone else on national tv that it was only 6000 i would admit i was wrong and move on...no one is going to think less of you if you are wrong, people make mistakes, its when you try and try to push statements with no proof that makes you look dumb

Well, it seems Saucy may be correct. Matthew gives a geneology of Jesus which goes back to Abraham and he is very precise about saying that this is the geneology of Jesus.

Lukes account of the geneology goes back to Adam and it is quite possible that he was in fact refereing to the geneology of Mary. They can't both be the geneology of Jesus. So I am with Saucy on this one.

The 6000 years comes from the begats. Adam begat Cain and Able and so on and so forth....when you add the years of the geneology together you get somewhere around 4000 years plus the 2000 since Christ gives us around 6000 years.

I think 6000 is just as relevant as 4 billion. The only reason the scientists lean toward 4 billion years is because it fits into their 'big bang' theory and explains very nicely how the universe could not have been created by God. The whole argument is moot however. No one can prove the age of the planet. Radio-carbon dating and such is not as exact as many may believe and it has been proven in several cases to be about as accurate as a lie-detector.

The truth is that none of us will live to be much more than a hundred if that and so what is most important is coming to terms with what exactly you do or do not believe about God. As the Tsunami reminded us...one moment we are here and the next we are in eternity.

when you give someone a lie detector test, you give it more than once so you can average the results

when you are measuring a cause of an experiment you do it more than once so you can average the results

people did not carbon date earth once and call it a day

they did it multiple times and averaged it out, this is why it is expected to be AROUND 4.6 billion or what ever, because we do not have an exact time

out of all the dinosaur bones we have uncovered why do all of them date back inthe millions?

theres no way the earth could only be 6000 years old, we have evidence of an ice age, we have evidence of magnetic shifts, just to name some off the top of my head

how can all these different and separate things all be wrong, even if they are slightly wrong it is still dated well over 6000 years

just FYI, carbon dating is not used to determine the age of the earth or any inorganic object. i think a form of uranium is used.

439844[/snapback]

That is exactly true! They'd rather believe a lie if it supports their beliefs.

Men and their books and their traditions....a weak hope that they'll live forever.

What a wake up call when the aliens come! LOL

I think there will be alot of suicides when they find out the truth.

no because suicide is against the bible

besides the allready say aliens are the devil alien.gif

no because suicide is against the bible

besides they already say aliens are the devil  alien.gif

440064[/snapback]

I guess they're all going to hell in a handbasket then......no wait....Spaceship! LOL

QUOTE(Hotoke @ Jan 6 2005, 04:27 PM)

Men and their books and their traditions....a weak hope that they'll live forever.

Why is it that you people cannot afford others to believe what they want without constant criticism. Your bashing is insulting and it is completely off topic. disgust.gif

Religions are full of contradictions. religion cannot save us. Religion does not explain the world. religion cannot move us forward in understanding of life and existence.

You're trusting some people from 2000 years ago that had absaloutly no knowledge of how anything worked. Education in them days? ... nope, not as it is today. Majority of people could not read. They were told these things about god. Thats when Things get more blurred. people change things.

People in the past also exgagerated things a lot. What was once a miracle cure, today is basic intelligence.

If you believe the bible. then you believe the world is flat. Simple as that grin2.gif

if a Science paper has Lies ( bible does ) then its not credible. the bible is not credible.

Ive noticed a lot of Americans are far more Extreme and stick by their beliefs and put themself in total denial far more than I experience over here in the UK. When I speak to people here in the UK about certain things that have been discussed here, They seem more open minded and usually accept finding science has quite well, Even with their religion belief.

I find it sad with the type of chritianity that exists in the U.S. ... Sorry. =/

Christian fundamentalism is dangerous.

Im sorry if Im totally wrong as I have obeen in the U.S a lot less than you guys that live there.

But its just what im seeing

Edited by whoa182

If you believe the bible. then you believe the world is flat. Simple as that  grin2.gif

Have you always been so short-sighted or is this a recent occurance for you? rolleyes.gif

QUOTE(Hotoke @ Jan 6 2005, 04:27 PM)

Why is it that you people cannot afford others to believe what they want without constant criticism. Your bashing is insulting and it is completely off topic. disgust.gif

440070[/snapback]

I know how ya feel Joc....