Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Demonic possession..could aliens be at work?

Fatal

First off, I wasn't sure whether to post this in the UFO forum or Ghost forum, so I just chose one. I'm here watching the movie The Fourth Kind, which apparently shows actual footage of some of the sessions these people had and I have to say, when these people are being controlled by the aliens, it undoubtedly shows a big similarity in what I've seen in people with demonic possession. Do you think aliens could actually be responsible for these possessions or maybe the other way around: demons being responsible for the alien cases?

Edited by Fatal

That 'actual footage' in the movie is not actual footage, if you know what I mean. Like Blair Witch. It's all based on a 'true story' that entirely fictional.

Fatal, the similarity of supposed cases of demonic possession to supposed encounters with extraterrestrial beings should not lead you to equate the two. Their general similarity most likely stems from the fact that both reported experiences are paranormal, which is to say, thus far unexplained. Furthermore, beware of trying to "explain" one inexplicable phenomenon in terms of another inexplicable phenomenon. It's the classic problem with metaphysical (non)explanations. With the same lack of justification, one could "explain" everything as a sinister machination of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

• Like 1

The film is entirely fiction, being extremely loosely based upon some accounts of alien abduction.

I agree that some aspects of alien abduction theory overlap with demonic possession theories. I think this is because they are both (along with other paranormal areas) results of the same kind of mental misinterpretation.

• Like 1

I don't think so. I do however happen that both alien abduction cases and demonic possession cases come from teh same place, a malfunctioning human mind.

• Like 1

I don't think so. I do however happen that both alien abduction cases and demonic possession cases come from teh same place, a malfunctioning human mind.

Yes. Very likely different manifestations of the same disorders.

• Like 1

More of the same. Aliens are demons. People would rather believe in aliens than demons or God or the Devil. People who claim to be abducted by aliens have similar stories to those who have come in contact with demons or spiritual beings. Here goes a good story of a man who came in contact with a demon and later grey aliens. Tell me what you think, Fatal:

The following is a brief synopsis of my encounter with Zozo, a reptoid. The story is true with no embellishments of any kind; take from it what you will.

Zozo came to me in March of 1994 via the Ouija board. I thought I could handle it as my knowledge of the metaphysical is extensive-I WAS WRONG. He talked to me on the board many times telling me that he was a GUARDIAN for spirits in LIMBO who were not allowed to ascend to the higher realms yet. He had a habit of cutting others off the board and seemed to want to dominate it. I asked him if he was "evil" and he bristled at this stating, "I AM NOT EVIL". He told me that HYDROPONICS was the job of the future. He was extremely intelligent (although somewhat manic and subject to wide range mood swings). Anyway, he had a great sense of humor if somewhat sardonic, and closed EVERY session with, "love you, Myhoran". After six months of communicating with him a friend of mine who is extremely gifted psychically told me that I would, indeed, "see Zozo" in the near future. I thought she was off her mark this time and put it aside. Exactly two weeks later on Labor Day 1994 at 3:17AM I was sound asleep only to be awakened by something pushing my hand against my wrist which really hurts if you do it hard enough. I looked up and there, only mere inches from my face stood the most breathtaking being you could ever imagine. His legs were overly muscular and dark greenish with scales. His waist was thin and his torso put the most proficient body-builder to shame. There was a mist covering his face so I was not able to look into his eyes. The whole room took on a pinkish hue as this event was happening. During this sighting (which only lasted 6 seconds but changed my life) I could hear the name Zozo repeatedly emanating from him telepathically-I actually knew what I was looking at but primal fear exploded from me with my standing straight up in my bed and screaming. After he vanished I laughed hysterically and tried to get a grip on myself. The next day in talking with him on the board he proudly remarked, "Did you see my legs? Aren't they beautiful? I'm a good dancer".

Okay, it is now 2005 and I know a lot more than then. Zozo was definitely Reptoid, or in Christian dogma a demon whose name equals Abaddon: the Destroyer. ADDENDUM; This is by no means the end of my encounters; exactly 6 months after this I awoke to find a Gray standing over my bed; 2 years after that the MIB came to my door @ 3AM- I was awake for these encounters-these were NOT dreams; I also have a vivid recall of being on a "spaceship" with Grays and the head Gray ("doctor" who became annoyed with me because I was "difficult" and could not "focus" ....Anyone reading this should be aware that these beings are NOT from "outer space" and certainly not benevolent; they also "switch off" the person or persons in your house so they cannot respond if YOU are the object of THEIR attentions for the moment. I would like to hear from others who have had encounters with Reptoids, Men in Black, Greys.

Well, that's interesting, if true.

I whole heartedly believe that aliens are actually demons on this planet. I also don't believe that there is life on another planet. I believe this planet is inhabited by any beings that we just can not see unless they make their presence known to us (ala demons-aliens).. I got another good one about this that I'm about to post..

"Did you see my legs? Aren't they beautiful? I'm a good dancer".

This part cracks me up. :D

Anyone who wants to learn more about "ZOZO", who is apparently now an internet sensation, can go to this less than credible looking website for a few laughs. They even have an interview with John Zaffis, the nephew of the Warrens, the paranormal world's greatest frauds!

http://zozotheouijaspirit.blogspot.com/

"People would rather believe in aliens than demons or God or the Devil."

Actually, I'd rather believe in the Devil :devil:! Too bad there's nothing but sketchy anecdotal evidence for the existence of any of the supposed beings you list above.

Edited by Cybele
  • Like 1

This part cracks me up. :D

Anyone who wants to learn more about "ZOZO", who is apparently now an internet sensation, can go to this less than credible looking website for a few laughs. They even have an interview with John Zaffis, the nephew of the Warrens, the paranormal world's greatest frauds!

http://zozotheouijaspirit.blogspot.com/

"People would rather believe in aliens than demons or God or the Devil."

Actually, I'd rather believe in the Devil :devil:! Too bad there's nothing but sketchy anecdotal evidence for the existence of any of the supposed beings you list above.

Another atheist and stern unbeliever strikes again. Why do you people bother post on paranormal sites if you don't believe in the paranormal?

Another atheist and stern unbeliever strikes again. Why do you people bother post on paranormal sites if you don't believe in the paranormal?

This is not strictly a paranormal website; it is an unexplained mysteries webiste. I'm interested in the paranormal too, but honestly, you can't expect everyone to believe every far fetched story out there. People who have an intellectual interest in this sort of thing should be looking into it with a skeptical mindset, trying to separate the obvious fakes from potentially truthful ones. I had heard of ZOZO and read the website before your post, and frankly, I think he takes the cake where in terms of being "far fetched".

First off, I wasn't sure whether to post this in the UFO forum or Ghost forum, so I just chose one. I'm here watching the movie The Fourth Kind, which apparently shows actual footage of some of the sessions these people had and I have to say, when these people are being controlled by the aliens, it undoubtedly shows a big similarity in what I've seen in people with demonic possession. Do you think aliens could actually be responsible for these possessions or maybe the other way around: demons being responsible for the alien cases?

When you read about alien abduction cases, they almost always involve a person waking up in the middle of the night, paralyzed, and seeing beings and lights. In many regards, these types of "encounters" strongly resemble sleep paralysis. During sleep paralysis, a person's mind partially wakes up during REM sleep, the dreaming phase, but the body is still paralyzed, as it normally would be during this sleep stage. It is not uncommon for people in this state to feel presences and see and hear things that are not there.

In earlier days, this phenomenon was known as "incubus attacks", as they were believed to have been the work of demons. In fact, in quite a few paranormal stories involving malevolent entities, you'll hear people describe waking up paralyzed to feel a malevolent presence or see a dark, shadowy figure. For some, aliens seem to have become the new demons.

I have not seen "The Fourth Kind", but I assume that when you say people are being "controlled by the aliens" during sessions, you mean that they are undergoing therapy involving hypnosis. I am of the opinion that quite a few of these possession and alien abduction cases are influenced by what a person wants to believe, rather than any hard evidence for the influence of external, intelligent beings. Hypnosis is hard to trust because a person may go into the practice with the expectation of altering their state of mind and receiving new information. Who's to say they're not making it up unconsciously?

That is similar to what the leader of Heavens Gate said to his followers that questioned him :tu:

• Like 2

This is not strictly a paranormal website; it is an unexplained mysteries webiste. I'm interested in the paranormal too, but honestly, you can't expect everyone to believe every far fetched story out there. People who have an intellectual interest in this sort of thing should be looking into it with a skeptical mindset, trying to separate the obvious fakes from potentially truthful ones. I had heard of ZOZO and read the website before your post, and frankly, I think he takes the cake where in terms of being "far fetched".

Ok, then copy one paranormal case from anywhere on the internet that you believe is factual and truly paranormal. Copy and paste that case on here so we can see what a real paranormal (demon/alien) case looks like..

If you read the "Dulce Book", it alludes to demonically created, controlled, and enslaved aliens races hijacking human bodies by removal and destruction of human "soul matrixes", it's a pretty interesting read. Even if the book is completely bogus, it'll get you thinking outside of the box. Check it out.

http://www.thewatcherfiles.com/dulce_book.htm

Edited by SpiderCyde

Ok, then copy one paranormal case from anywhere on the internet that you believe is factual and truly paranormal. Copy and paste that case on here so we can see what a real paranormal (demon/alien) case looks like..

I don't want to keep going off topic, but I will say that in general, I don't think it's a good idea to trust anecdotal evidence. I think this stuff is entertaining, but I can't say that I believe, with certainty, that any story I've read is truly paranormal (though superficially, some are more believable than others). The premise of this thread is based on the assumption that many of the stories we've read about on the internet or seen in movies, as well as the conclusions people draw from them, are true. Instead of asking "Who is responsible: aliens or demons?", we should be researching these types of experiences from every angle to determine whether it's necessary to involve external, intelligent forces. In the case of subjective experiences presented as evidence, I guess it really isn't possible to know one way or another.

If you want to talk about this specific topic more, start a new thread or pm me.

Edited by Cybele

I don't want to keep going off topic, but I will say that in general, I don't think it's a good idea to trust anecdotal evidence. I think this stuff is entertaining, but I can't say that I believe, with certainty, that any story I've read is truly paranormal (though superficially, some are more believable than others). The premise of this thread is based on the assumption that many of the stories we've read about on the internet or seen in movies, as well as the conclusions people draw from them, are true. Instead of asking "Who is responsible: aliens or demons?", we should be researching these types of experiences from every angle to determine whether it's necessary to involve external, intelligent forces. In the case of subjective experiences presented as evidence, I guess it really isn't possible to know one way or another.

If you want to talk about this specific topic more, start a new thread or pm me.

Nah, keep it in this thread. No need for a new thread. Answer this for me too. I will be awaiting your response.

Nah, keep it in this thread. No need for a new thread. Answer this for me too. I will be awaiting your response.

Did you not read what I wrote? I said I don't really know if I believe any story is truly paranormal, as you define the term. Some are more believable for various reason; that's it. I don't feel this is relevant to the OP, so I'd prefer to take this somewhere else if you are determined to debate.

When you read about alien abduction cases, they almost always involve a person waking up in the middle of the night, paralyzed, and seeing beings and lights. In many regards, these types of "encounters" strongly resemble sleep paralysis. During sleep paralysis, a person's mind partially wakes up during REM sleep, the dreaming phase, but the body is still paralyzed, as it normally would be during this sleep stage. It is not uncommon for people in this state to feel presences and see and hear things that are not there.

In earlier days, this phenomenon was known as "incubus attacks", as they were believed to have been the work of demons. In fact, in quite a few paranormal stories involving malevolent entities, you'll hear people describe waking up paralyzed to feel a malevolent presence or see a dark, shadowy figure. For some, aliens seem to have become the new demons.

I have not seen "The Fourth Kind", but I assume that when you say people are being "controlled by the aliens" during sessions, you mean that they are undergoing therapy involving hypnosis. I am of the opinion that quite a few of these possession and alien abduction cases are influenced by what a person wants to believe, rather than any hard evidence for the influence of external, intelligent beings. Hypnosis is hard to trust because a person may go into the practice with the expectation of altering their state of mind and receiving new information. Who's to say they're not making it up unconsciously?

i would not confuse sleep paralysis with being immobilized by what ever it is that can do that to a person in the middle of the night,i have had both types of experiences myself, and there is a difference between the 2, especially when you are already wide awake and then you go paralyzed.i know what sleep paralysis is and it is not very scary to me, i end up just going back to sleep.every paranormal experience i have ever had has been while i have been wide awake, and i know what i either feel or see.

as for the alien/ demonic thing, i personally would be very careful as to label aliens as demons, and vise versa, that doctrine is and has been formed though christian groups for a long time now.it is as valid of a theory as any i suppose but there is no proof either way,lmao in fact there is no proof that either of those entities even exist at all.my suggestion is to go with gut instinct, and if you get labeled as crazy,then so be it, no big deal right?because in reality, no one person needs another to truly validate what they believe.

i definitely agree though if you wake up i the middle of the night and cant move and you see something or feel something,you would have to chalk it up to being sleep paralysis.the movie the fourth kind was pretty creepy, however it is a movie and as weird as it was i wouldnt put to much stock into it.just like my previous opinion people shouldnt let others sway them to believe anything without real factual evidence to back it up.

i agree on the hypnosis as well.there are to many variables, from the patient being led to believe something that is not true, to thier mind making it all up,and just being tainted by the popular media of our time.this type of evidence is not very trust worthy.

Did you not read what I wrote? I said I don't really know if I believe any story is truly paranormal, as you define the term. Some are more believable for various reason; that's it. I don't feel this is relevant to the OP, so I'd prefer to take this somewhere else if you are determined to debate.

Hmm. I was asking that question because I wanted to see if you people believed in the paranormal or not and from your answers apparently you don't. I believe that alot of you unbelievers are only here to disprove the paranormal and not to see if ghost, spirits or demons exist or not. There is a way to prove the existence of ghost/spirits/unseen forces. You can simply go to a real ouija session and do several test to prove the existence of ghost/spirits/unseen forces.

You can place a 3-4 inch piece of paper or penny on the board and have a spirit move it without you touching the board or without any magnets under the board. You can also place a piece of paper or penny on the middle of a table in a room that nobody is in and have the spirit push those items on the floor. That would disprove telekenis and your subconscious moving those items as those items would not even be in the same room that your ouijaing in. How can you possibly explain a penny on the middle of a table in a room that nobody is in falling on the floor? Can you explain to me how that can happen? There are several ways of proven the existence of unseen forces but you unbelievers are just on a witch hunt to disprove the existence of the paranormal.

Hmm. I was asking that question because I wanted to see if you people believed in the paranormal or not and from your answers apparently you don't. I believe that alot of you unbelievers are only here to disprove the paranormal and not to see if ghost, spirits or demons exist or not. There is a way to prove the existence of ghost/spirits/unseen forces. You can simply go to a real ouija session and do several test to prove the existence of ghost/spirits/unseen forces.

You can place a 3-4 inch piece of paper or penny on the board and have a spirit move it without you touching the board or without any magnets under the board. You can also place a piece of paper or penny on the middle of a table in a room that nobody is in and have the spirit push those items on the floor. That would disprove telekenis and your subconscious moving those items as those items would not even be in the same room that your ouijaing in. How can you possibly explain a penny on the middle of a table in a room that nobody is in falling on the floor? Can you explain to me how that can happen? There are several ways of proven the existence of unseen forces but you unbelievers are just on a witch hunt to disprove the existence of the paranormal.

It's simple. Go to a university, tell them you can prove that spirits are real and have them set up this test in a controlled environment. When it happens (which it most certainly will, in your opinion) the scientists will have no choice but to admit that this phenomenon is real. They will publish their results and other peers will review the research. When it is confirmed, this will all become scientific fact. It really is that simple. Unless you believers are just here to try and push nonsense on gullible people...

Edited by Paul Noise

Big Chief, if you're so convinced that these experiments will prove the existence of paranormal forces, go try them in front of James Randi and collect your one million dollars. If it were that easy, scientists would have proof by now.

Also, don't assume things about people you don't know.

Edited by Cybele

It's simple. Go to a university, tell them you can prove that spirits are real and have them set up this test in a controlled environment. When it happens (which it most certainly will, in your opinion) the scientists will have no choice but to admit that this phenomenon is real. They will publish their results and other peers will review the research. When it is confirmed, this will all become scientific fact. It really is that simple. Unless you believers are just here to try and push nonsense on gullible people...

If you want to prove/disprove the existence of unseen forces then go to a real ouija session or seance where the partipants believe that they're in contact with real spirits. Have the partipants in one room and have several items on a table in another distant room. You can do this yourself as well as taking some of your unbelieving friends with you to set up the experiment. Set up the items in the distant rooms yourselves, making sure that all windows are closed and that nobody is in the other distant room moving the items. You can also set up hidden cameras in the distant room. Also close the doors locked shut to the ouija room and distant room. Ask the spirit(s) to move the items in the distant rooms from the table to the floor.

If the items end up on the floor as asked you can then review the tapes to see how those items ended up from the table to the floor. That would prove the existence of unseen forces as there is no way that one can telekenis through distant rooms with doors shut and windows closed. If you can't believe the existence of unseen forces through that simple experiment then I don't know what to tell you..