Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jack the Ripper: Sickert & The Art of Murder

Jackdaw

Shall we take a look at some images extracted from one of Walter Sickert's most famous paintings:- ENNUI.

The painter composed 5 slightly differing versions of the portrait. Some so called Ripperologists say that Jacky boy mutilated 5 victims. Coincidence?

The images attached become evident when the portrait is reduced to black and white. They will become known as Sickert's Secret. He hid many more within his so called masterpieces. Patricia Cornwell came close with her book but sadly missed the crucial point. Every picture tells a story!

Regards

Jackdaw

post-10432-1096845498.jpg

post-10432-1096845729.jpg

post-10432-1096845764.jpg

post-10432-1096845849.jpg

After reading Patricia Cornwell's book I became convinced of Sickerts guilt. Great pic's Jackdaw. thumbsup.gif

may i say alot of imagination, but i guess i should read the book, rather then simply look at the painting up side down.

i think i've heard that story on 20/20 where a writer was making link between the painter and the killer, artist are usually the weirdest criminals and then to have the most original ways to kill or to kill them selfs.

Artists are weird therefore a weird killer could be an artist in a nutshell.(right?)

I must admit....I don't see it in the paintaing huh.gif I think it would take a great deal of stretching the thin line between fact and supposition to conclude that the shapes apparantly being found in those pics are actually what they're supposed to be...

I have seen (pictures of) his paintings and they make a very strong case for Sickert being the Ripper.

user posted image

Edited by Daughter of the Nine Moons

[attachmentid=6209]Time for another macabre image I feel!

Again extracted from a black & white rendition of Sickert's portrait ENNUI.

Surely within such a colourful work of art there cannot be the figure of a woman lying prostrate with a fear stricken face, torn clothing and a mutilated breast!

Or can there? You decide.

post-10432-1097276515.jpg

I’m with DOT on this one, the book is very compelling. If you haven’t read it - and are interested in this debate - then get hold of a copy and do so.

I’m with DOT on this one, the book is very compelling. If you haven’t read it - and are interested in this debate - then get hold of a copy and do so.

298028[/snapback]

Anyone who has read this book cannot easily discount Ms Corwell's presentation of both fact and theory.

I thought Sickert was intrigued by the ripper,I dont think he was the ripper.

He had a interest in the murders but I doubt he was JAck.

goodnight

I thought Maybrick was the ripper ?!

The colours of life are but black and white

As a pencilled day draws in the night

Behind this truth doodles offspring grey

A shadowy figure the world will say

His art depicts the "Unfortunates" fate

And Hell itself is thus framed portrait.

Jackdaw

Groovy Jackdaw...is that yours?

I thought Sickert was intrigued by the ripper,I  dont think he was the ripper.

He had a interest in the murders but I doubt he was JAck.

goodnight

298762[/snapback]

It wasn't just Sickarts art that makes him suspect, but also Sickerts known behavior, his propensity to hire prostitutes as art subjects. He had many "secret" rooms that he rented. That fact that his genitals were mutilated in an operation as a child. The clues found in the ripper letters ie doodles, the letters were dumbed down ( educated person pretending to be illterate). I can't currently remember the significance but there was also something about a guest book from an inn.

Sickert still remains the the best suspect in my opinion

As time goes by Sickert may indeed become the prime suspect. Who knows?

"One never knows before until after. And then its too late.!"

My research will continue despite its critics. I wonder what they will make of the following:-

The generally accepted meaning of the word ENNUI is "boredom". However in loose latin terms, from which it is derived, it also means "a hatred of women".

i thought it was supposed to be some one in the royal family

It was im sure. Prince albert victor nephew of queen victoria. he was a surgeon in practice had a grand carriage plus don't you think its strange the ripper was never caught a big cover up by the royal family could you imagine that getting out.

plus I have read many books on the ripper and there are many theories again

copy cat killers?

sailors from america?

prince albert victor?

some jewish guy but can't remember his name?

i believe it was one of the two and heres why!!!

the last two ever murders took part on the same night 4 miles apart within the space of 30 mins.

Now either it could be copy cat killers for this to happen but i believe it was Prince albert victor.

a grand carriage was seem many times within the versinity of the murders who ever killed the last two women had to have tranportation nobody could achieve two killings within 30 mins 4 miles apart on foot this is impossible the average human being travels 8 miles per hour on foot so this would mean 4 miles within half the time 30 mins but that is maintaining the same speed for 4 miles non stop

plus a man would have to have been seen running at high speed for four miles and then to delicatly remove the internal organs with surgeons precision this is 100% impossible unless he had transportation plus albert victor was known to have had many prostitues but lothed them at the same time so his motive would have been a prostitue stole from him and that is that my theory probably the only realistic one to.

The Royal Family. Sickert was generally accepted in such company. Apparently the Queen Mother allegedly owns/owned one of the 5 ENNUI portraits.

yes.

edit ...sorry for the lame post. I'm home sick today and my mind went blank wacko.gif

The Royal Family. Sickert was generally accepted in such company. Apparently the Queen Mother allegedly owns/owned one of the 5 ENNUI portraits.

302488[/snapback]

So ok he may have been in such company but the wounds on the bodies had been made with a sharp sergeons tool and were more likely the work of a surgeon due to the precision used the books i have read suggest it to be so not an artist.

point 1

"Jack the Ripper's Bedroom" [1980.303], Sickert, Walter Richard

-It is a view of his (Sickert's) bedroom in the house where he was living at the time Emily Dimmock was murdered (see attachment)

point 2

Watermarks on stationary from the "Dr. Openshaw" Ripper letter match the watermarks on letters Sickert wrote.

point 3

At least 1 Ripper letter was written with a paint brush

point 4

Walter Richard Sickert was known to sign letters with "W" or "R" or "St." Sometimes he was W. St. (Walter Sickert). Some times he was R (Richard). At least one Ripper letter was signed R. St. W.

Read Ms Cornwell's book. Like I said before she makes a very compelling case on Sickert being the Ripper

post-4505-1097601187.txt

302488[/snapback]

So ok he may have been in such company but the wounds on the bodies had been made with a sharp sergeons tool and were more likely the work of a surgeon due to the precision used the books i have read suggest it to be so not an artist.

302634[/snapback]

Dear Priest 79, in addition to Daughter of 9 Moons information can I offer the following:-

Jacky boy's alleged 1st victim Martha Tabram was apparently "stabbed" (several times) via a soldier's rifle bayonet. No surgeon's skill needed there. Interestingly enough she was last seen in the company of a man in such uniform. Would it surprise you to know that Sickert was an avid collector of such millitary attire?

Elizabeth Stride had her throat cut. Does such an act of violence require the steady hand of a surgeon? I don't think so.

Mary Kelly was indeed "butchered" beyond recognition in a frenzied attack. Her injuries were caused by a psychotic monster. The slashings of her face; the severing of her breasts; the cutting skin from her thighs etc etc again do not require a surgeon's knowledge/expertise.