Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Rep Eric Cantor office Shot at

THE MATRIX

link

Virginia Rep. Eric Cantor said Thursday that his Richmond campaign office has been shot at and that he's received "threatening e-mails" -- but at the same time the House minority whip accused top Democrats of trying to exploit the threats they've been receiving for "political gain."

Virginia Rep. Eric Cantor said Thursday that his Richmond campaign office has been shot at and that he's received "threatening e-mails" -- but at the same time the House minority whip accused top Democrats of trying to exploit the threats they've been receiving for "political gain."

Cantor said "a bullet was shot through the window" of his campaign office. The incident happened Monday, Fox News has learned, the latest in a rash of apparent threats and acts of intimidation against members of Congress. Most of the threats so far have been reported by Democrats, but Cantor -- the No. 2 Republican in the House -- is one of about 10 lawmakers who has asked for increased security protection, Fox News has learned.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eqgumby

• acidhead

• Corp

• Poopie

Top Posters In This Topic

Think these could have just been given one thread since they deal with the same issue :P

On topic I can't say I'm really surprised that the Health Care Bill has been followed by violence given how worked up. However everyone will cool down quickly and stike to legal methods to voice their objections.

First sign that democracy isn't working in America - home of the free, land of the brave.

America was founded on the principle that 99% of the population cannot dictate to the remaining 1%....

It's a sham and a fraud, an inside job...a REAL Republican wouldn't have missed... :P

I think the government should be afraid of it's people... Violence, while not being pretty, is influential... This is history in the making people, just standby and watch what happens when people lose everything they've ever worked for... If you think they'll just stand by and take it you're wrong...

watch what happens when people lose everything they've ever worked for.

that's what happens now. Medical bankruptcy is the direct result of not having health care reform. So this will alleviate that to some degree.

I think the government should be afraid of it's people... Violence, while not being pretty, is influential... This is history in the making people, just standby and watch what happens when people lose everything they've ever worked for... If you think they'll just stand by and take it you're wrong...

exactly. But the rest of the nation doesn't care. There's those that are loyalist and then there are those that are realist. Those that are loyalist believe that the government is going to protect them every which way they can but then us realist, live in the real world and see what is going on everyday.

Those that watch the news or see someone get killed and lose their homes and families will just look on and say "well it sucks to be them but better them than me." Then us realist are the ones that shall be the ones losing our homes and families but will take up arms and fight to get back what is rightfully our's.

"Violence can be used for good as well as evil. It just depends on the person that uses it." - V for Vendetta

I think the government should be afraid of it's people... Violence, while not being pretty, is influential... This is history in the making people, just standby and watch what happens when people lose everything they've ever worked for...

They already lost everything they'd worked for under George Bush when Wall Street collapsed. With this health care reform at least they don't have to worry about losing their kids to illness too.

They already lost everything they'd worked for under George Bush when Wall Street collapsed. With this health care reform at least they don't have to worry about losing their kids to illness too.

Not to mention going into bankruptcy for medical bills and losing their homes. . .how easily people forget that medical bills are the leading cause of bankruptcy. So much for being "realists". :rolleyes:

"Violence can be used for good as well as evil. It just depends on the person that uses it." - V for Vendetta

And violence is typically one of the first responses only of those without sense to do anything else. Violence begets violence and should only be used when necessary. Everyone screams for a revolution, and for blood, but they never really sit and think about what that truly means.

I enjoy a little chaos here and there, but I'm afraid that, despite the talk, most people aren't ready for what it truly means to revolt. What would happen, do you think, if people tried to overturn the government? Do you think that you and your brigades could overcome not only the government and their defenses, but the weapons and minds of those who would take advantage of such a state of chaos? Fear and panic can make good men turn bad and turn strict laws into less than guidelines. . .so you'd have to be prepared for that as well. Are you?

But you guys go ahead. Like I said, I enjoy chaos. A little anarchy here and there never hurt anyone did it? :devil: