Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 5 votes

Kate Middleton is not a Princess!

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#1    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,595 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:38 PM

Why not?  Because she doesn't have royal juice in her veins, that's why.

Yes, the queen made her a Duchess, but Kate Middleton is still not a member of nobility.   She's not 'Lady Middleton', she's just Kate Middleton.  

Her husband is Prince William, but Kate Middleton is no Princess.  

The Yanks, reading their tabloid fairy tales about princesses, need to get it right.

http://www.foxnews.c...gnancy-related/

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#2    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,048 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:48 PM

My question is, why would Americans even care?

Edit: Not about your thread Yamato, what I mean is why do we give a hoot about the 'royal family'?

Edited by Hasina, 14 January 2013 - 11:51 PM.

Posted Image

~MEH~

#3    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,797 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:50 PM

That's just so much rubbish.  There is no such thing as "nobility".  It is an elitist notion.  Kings became Kings by being a human being like you and me who conquered and held a nation, not by some "birth right".  The children of Kings are dubbed Princes and Princesses.  The wife of a King is a Queen despite not being of the same blood.  The wife of a Prince is a Princess despite not being of the same blood.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#4    Professor Buzzkill

Professor Buzzkill

Integrity is all we have

• 2,595 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:54 PM

View PostlibstaK, on 14 January 2013 - 11:50 PM, said:

That's just so much rubbish.  There is no such thing as "nobility".  It is an elitist notion.  Kings became Kings by being a human being like you and me who conquered and held a nation, not by some "birth right".  The children of Kings are dubbed Princes and Princesses.  The wife of a King is a Queen despite not being of the same blood.  The wife of a Prince is a Princess despite not being of the same blood.

But the arguement was you couldn't become a King without Gods express consent. Hence you were "appointed by God" otherwise you wouldn't be King.

I love the olden days where everything was attributed to God

#5    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,797 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:02 AM

View PostProfessor Buzzkill, on 14 January 2013 - 11:54 PM, said:

But the arguement was you couldn't become a King without Gods express consent. Hence you were "appointed by God" otherwise you wouldn't be King.

I love the olden days where everything was attributed to God

So being a "blue blood" is via appointment by God by extension?  They can hold that argument if they want because they conquered and everything is "God's Will" after all - at least in their minds.  The argument falls back in their face when a commoner becomes a Prince of Princess by marriage though, because that too then becomes "God's Will".

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

#6    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,595 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:38 AM

View PostlibstaK, on 14 January 2013 - 11:50 PM, said:

Don't tell the Brits there's no such thing as nobility.   All those salutations you're talking about are reserved solely for nobility, btw.

No, being married to a Prince does not make you a princess.  That would be logically consistent and that's what I originally thought too, by mistake.  Kate Middleton was given a title, Duchess of Cambridge, but she is no "Lady" because she is not of royal blood.   I'm not the one who talks like this, confers these silly salutations like this.  Lords and Ladies don't mean fiddlesticks to me.  I think the idea of nobility is crass and stupid, but don't tell me rubbish that it doesn't exist.   You might not agree with it; but denying reality if it doesn't fit your opinion doesn't seem very smart.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#7    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,595 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:44 AM

View PostHasina, on 14 January 2013 - 11:48 PM, said:

My question is, why would Americans even care?

Edit: Not about your thread Yamato, what I mean is why do we give a hoot about the 'royal family'?
Based on Nielsen ratings and tabloid sales, Americans do care very much.   I think that Americans and non-Americans fantasize about privilege and romance; are easily charmed by beautiful people, and dream of the wonderful life that is Camelot.  People are literally living out their own fantasies through William and Kate.

#8    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,595 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:51 AM

The article linked to in the OP also takes creative license to call this couple the "future King and Queen of England" too because it has no idea this will be the case.   If William were to die before being crowned King, Kate will be no Queen (she relies utterly on his inheritance of the throne) and she will remain no Princess.

#9    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,797 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:54 AM

View PostYamato, on 15 January 2013 - 12:38 AM, said:

Don't tell the Brits there's no such thing as nobility.   All those salutations you're talking about are reserved solely for nobility, btw.

No, being married to a Prince does not make you a princess.  That would be logically consistent and that's what I originally thought too, by mistake.  Kate Middleton was given a title, Duchess of Cambridge, but she is no "Lady" because she is not of royal blood.   I'm not the one who talks like this, confers these silly salutations like this.  Lords and Ladies don't mean fiddlesticks to me.  I think the idea of nobility is crass and stupid, but don't tell me rubbish that it doesn't exist.   You might not agree with it; but denying reality if it doesn't fit your opinion doesn't seem very smart.
I'm not denying any reality.  Princess Mary of Denmark is a commoner who married a Prince and no elitist nonsense has gotten in the way of their people recognising her as a Princess.  Princess Grace of Monaco was a commoner who married a Prince and was well loved in Monaco as a Princess. That fact that there is some elitist snobbery rearing it's head in English circles regarding Mary as some sort of usurper of the title is their opinion and I don't think THEIR opinion is very smart.

#10    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,595 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:07 AM

View PostlibstaK, on 15 January 2013 - 01:54 AM, said:

I'm not denying any reality.  Princess Mary of Denmark is a commoner who married a Prince and no elitist nonsense has gotten in the way of their people recognising her as a Princess.  Princess Grace of Monaco was a commoner who married a Prince and was well loved in Monaco as a Princess. That fact that there is some elitist snobbery rearing it's head in English circles regarding Mary as some sort of usurper of the title is their opinion and I don't think THEIR opinion is very smart.
"Rearing its head"?  The "snobbery" isn't merely rearing its head, its been in full regalia in front of our faces for as long as anyone can remember!   It isn't just that Kate Middleton isn't a Lady, she is the first commoner to marry into nobility in England this close to the throne in over 350 years.  That is no accident, libstaK.   The nearest comparison to a commoner marrying a future king would be Anne Hyde when she wed the Duke of York who was later crowned James II, King of England.  

There are rules to all of this "nonsense" if you didn't know.  And yes, bloodlines in England's case have everything to do with it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nobility

#11    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 7,018 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:15 AM

I just looked at my veins through my skin.

My blood appears blue, hence I am KING of the WORLD.

Submit to me, oh unworthy one's.  :w00t:

Uh oh... I just accidentally cut myself and found-out my blood is red.
Dang! So sorry, please ignore my noble rant.

Edited by pallidin, 15 January 2013 - 03:15 AM.

#12    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,797 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:16 AM

View PostYamato, on 15 January 2013 - 03:07 AM, said:

"Rearing its head"?  The "snobbery" isn't merely rearing its head, its been in full regalia in front of our faces for as long as anyone can remember!   It isn't just that Kate Middleton isn't a Lady, she is the first commoner to marry into nobility in England this close to the throne in over 350 years.  That is no accident, libstaK.   The nearest comparison to a commoner marrying a future king would be Anne Hyde when she wed the Duke of York who was later crowned James II, King of England.  

There are rules to all of this "nonsense" if you didn't know.  And yes, bloodlines in England's case have everything to do with it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nobility
It's really rather tragic on their part to hold so tightly to rules they made up themselves, oh well.

#13    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 4,836 posts

• Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:08 PM

*Opens another pack of popcorn and smiles*

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

#14    BiffSplitkins

BiffSplitkins

Vertically Challenged

• 7,121 posts

• We all have a song inside us, it tells us who we are.

'John Doeber' fellow musician

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:13 PM

View Postealdwita, on 15 January 2013 - 06:08 PM, said:

*Opens another pack of popcorn and smiles*
:tu:

"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Posted Image

#15    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,056 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:15 PM

Who cares? Obviously you care or you wouldn't have started such an assinine thread.

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users