Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Nostradamus & Edgar Cayce Prophecies on 2012

chimaybliss

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheSearcher

• star.seed

• tipotep

• SlimJim22

It's a shame that neither Cayce or Nostradamus actually give dates for their predictions. Case in point the "king of terror" prediction has been suggested to be everything from the Antichrist, Osama, Obama...

Nostradamus may not be saying what the article says it's saying, let me elaborate with one the quotes it does give

“King of terror shall come from the sky.

He will bring to life the King of Mongols.”

L’an mil neuf cens nonante neuf sept mois,

Du ciel viendra un grand Roi deffraieur.

Resusciter le grand Roi d’Angolmois.

Avant que Mars regner par bon heur.

The only way to explain Nostradamus, or even half way understand it is to speak French and even then it's cryptic as hell. To give an example, I have no idea why in English the word "mongol" is used, knowing that in the days of Nostradamus, the king of Angoulmois was the king of France during Nostradamus life, called Francis or François I. He came from a small province called Angouleme and Angoulmois was the capital of this province. This name appears in books published in the 16th century in France. Remember Nostradamus had a fondness for word puns and anagrams, the gods only know what that man meant.

ANd I'm not even starting on the fraud known as Edgar Cayce, he's been proven to be inaccurate so often it's not even funny any more.

It's this type of "prediction" that seems legit to some people but since he doesn't give a date he's basically saying that some time before our sun goes supernova, a comet may pass close by and it will cause natural disasters which will leat to pretty much all out anarchy.

Well no **** sherlock. It's inevitable that something like this is going to happen. And if it doesn't, well, who's gonna be around to smack it in his face? Nobody. Because he never gave a date.

world will not end. but there will be some major changes. and I think anyone could guess that!

world will not end. but there will be some major changes. and I think anyone could guess that!

Why would there be some major changes? What would prompt that if the last 2000 years have not prompted it. That's as fallacious as saying that the world will end.

Why would there be some major changes? What would prompt that if the last 2000 years have not prompted it. That's as fallacious as saying that the world will end.

take a look around you and other countries. nothing stays the same. things are changing and you cant deny that. and i don't mean change as in IPAD 2 from IPAD, i mean major changes!

take a look around you and other countries. nothing stays the same. things are changing and you cant deny that. and i don't mean change as in IPAD 2 from IPAD, i mean major changes!

So nothing new then? Nothing that isn't predictable by reading the news and thinking for yourself? I think we actually agree on this.

So nothing new then? Nothing that isn't predictable by reading the news and thinking for yourself? I think we actually agree on this.

Well it is all new isn't it? As we progress technologically, are we not constantly walking on new ground or perhaps some might say it is thin ice? I want progress like anyone but not at the price we are paying for it.

Now I don't think Cayce or Nostradamus were on the money in anyway but I do think they were using a form of psychokinesis that did allow them to follow timelines towards the future. They were vague enough to be interpreted in different ways but written in a way that utilizes symbols that are meaningful for our subconscious and conscious mind.

I used to read about both individuals in my younger days and some things I recall do ring true. There were debatable references towards 9/11 in Nostradmus' quatrains and the reign of the King of Terror, which you could argue we have been in for the last decade.

Cayce was a healer and appears to have had some success. He could still be right about Giza and Bimni needs to be excavated beneath the sea. We have the technology and I would rather see funds directed towards archaeology rather than conflict or propping up a flawed financial system.

The main problem I have with prophecies is that they are in the public domain and filter into our consciousness. We naturally look for signs and meaning, originally it was oral stories and rock art, then holy texts and statues and now it is the media and monumental architecture. If people at the top of the pyramid know the prophecies then what is to stop them bringing about the apparent fulfillment of prophecy in order to entrench their position of power. If they have the capacity and motivation then it is only a moral obligation not to be creative in their ways of messing with our heads and enslaving us.

Did some French nationalists read Nostradamus' quatrains and decide to start a fire or a number of fires in London? The irony being that it had a massive benefit for London. Prophecies work two ways and so although they have power in directing consciousness the real power comes if their fulfilment can be engineered.

So many prophecies seem to point to this time in some way as being significant so although I will watch with interest I am not expecting anything precise other than war, disaster and hardship. The really odd thing is that if we set differences aside then science could actually dig us out of a whole but I don't remeber reading a prophecy that science would save the world. The lab coat messiah is not ready yet so the next best people are those who talk of balance imo. I am rusty on Cayces prophecies but he was fairly prolific so he probably worte something that applies to our current situation. Maybe the answers lie in the Hall of Records or maybe the Hall of Records is actually within us and science will slowly begin to recognize the fact that a collective unconscious does exist.

well everything is new. Japan got hit by tsunami and earthquake at the same time, things happening in Libya and Ireland in a financial crisis. these are the changes am talking about. it's not going to happen overnight. It takes time. And news only show people what is happening not what will happen. and honestly, I don't know much about what Edgar Cayce predicted but I think Nostradamus pointed out the changes. not the end of the world as in people will die due to alien invasion, or 2012 galactic alignment.

well everything is new. Japan got hit by tsunami and earthquake at the same time, things happening in Libya and Ireland in a financial crisis. these are the changes am talking about. it's not going to happen overnight. It takes time. And news only show people what is happening not what will happen. and honestly, I don't know much about what Edgar Cayce predicted but I think Nostradamus pointed out the changes. not the end of the world as in people will die due to alien invasion, or 2012 galactic alignment.

Japan experienced an earthquake, which caused a tsunami, to say they happened at the same time is to infer that this is a unique occurence, which it is not.

well everything is new. Japan got hit by tsunami and earthquake at the same time

MY GOD YOU'RE RIGHT!!

It's not as if Japan is that geologically active a country or Earthquakes cause tsunamis, it must be the endtimes as predicted by a French rabble rouser and some bloke with drug induced dreams.

things happening in Libya

Yeah, rebellion against corrupt regime. Must be the endtimes.

and Ireland in a financial crisis

The whole world was and is in a financial crisis right now.

Well, youre earthquake/tsunami point has already been corrected.

But, what about WW1? Or, WW2? Arent those a little bigger than whats going on right now? How come the world didnt end then? What about diseases that plagued the earth, hundreds upon hundreds of years before you were born? Werent those big?

Weve always had issues and changes. None of it led to, or will lead to end times.

Oh, and no planetary alignment or alien invasion.

Nostradamus may not be saying what the article says it's saying, let me elaborate with one the quotes it does give

“King of terror shall come from the sky.

He will bring to life the King of Mongols.”

The only way to explain Nostradamus, or even half way understand it is to speak French and even then it's cryptic as hell. To give an example, I have no idea why in English the word "mongol" is used, knowing that in the days of Nostradamus, the king of Angoulmois was the king of France during Nostradamus life, called Francis or François I. He came from a small province called Angouleme and Angoulmois was the capital of this province. This name appears in books published in the 16th century in France. Remember Nostradamus had a fondness for word puns and anagrams, the gods only know what that man meant.

ANd I'm not even starting on the fraud known as Edgar Cayce, he's been proven to be inaccurate so often it's not even funny any more.

Hey Searcher , i have been learning French for the last 6 months , im not very good as yet , i was wondering if you could give me the full translation on ...

The top line is a date of some description ? Is it saying " The year one thousand nine hundred & ninety nine & seven months ?

TiP.

Hey Searcher , i have been learning French for the last 6 months , im not very good as yet , i was wondering if you could give me the full translation on ...

The top line is a date of some description ? Is it saying " The year one thousand nine hundred & ninety nine & seven months ?

TiP.

Ok tip I can translate it for you, but consider that this is also old French and there are some words that will need an explanation as to their meaning.

The year one thousand nine hundred ninety nine seven months - you got that right. He's for all intends and purposes giving this number, in a weird way although.

This phrase warrants some explanation before the translation, so you understand why Nostradamus is so hard to translate, as even in French some things are twisted. "Ciel" can literally mean 'heaven' or 'sky' in Fench, but in the historical and regional context it was written in, it can also mean, it can also mean 'someone of elevated social status'.

The other difficult word is "deffraieur". "d’ effraieur" or "d’effrayeur" literally means ‘extreme fright,’ and is connotative to the expression of 'terror'. This is how most people translate it.

But we need to look to the meaning of this word without an apostrophe, as this is how it is written in the quatrain. It did exist in the French vocabulary prior to the sixteenth century. Deffraieur, without apostrophe, means 'One who pays off expenses' in modern (although outdated) French. it is however still often used in French court records. Of course, we are concerned with the Old French version. It doesn't change much. The definition fits the modern Enlgish term of defrayment/defrayer. The usage Nostradamus makes of it, is directly linked with the shorter noun version of Defray: To undertake the payment of (costs or expenses); pay.

So I can try to translate it, but I admit, it's difficult :

From the heavens comes a great king defrayer.

From the sky comes a great paying king.

From a higher elevated status comes a king who pays his expenses.

As you can tell, it has so many ways of being translated, it's ridiculous

Resusciter le grand Roy d’Angolmois.

"Resusciter" means to Resurrect, to resuscitate. This is a strait forward word that means what it says: To resurrect or by its proper connotative meaning to bring back.

"le grand Roy": The great/important King, again easy and quite straight forward.

"Angolmois" or "Angoulmois" was a city, depending which version of the old Nostradamus manuscripts you read, both ways are used. The king of Angoulmois was the king of France during Nostradamus life, called Francis or François I. He came from a small province called Angouleme and Angoulmois was the capital of this province. This name appears in books published in the 16th century in France.

Resurrect the great king of Angoulmois

resuscitate the great king of Angoulmois.

BTW : Angoulmois or Angolmois can by NO means be translated as mongol. that is just so incorrect it isn't even funny any more.

"Avant" simply means 'before', quite easy.

"Mars" means the month 'March', but lets not forget that in the times of Nostradamus, they only just accepted French as real language of the kingdom. Before, people of note and scholars, were learning Latin. So one can argue that he could mean the god of war, Mars, and by extension war.

"Regner" means "to reign"

"par bon heur" is an idiomatic expression in 16th century French, which means 'by good luck'. Literally translated it means 'by good hour'

So lets give this a spin then :

Before the reign of March by good luck

Before the reign of Mars / war by good hour.

You can of course permute the different meanings and make it fit what one wants it to say.

Tip, my friend, I hops this did not confuse you too much. Translations can be tricky at the best of time, but trying to translate someone like Nostradamus, is difficult at the best of times, because the man loved his puns, wordgames and idiomes. You could make it say whatever you want really.

PS : My dearest wife just informed me that to defray has also the meaning : to lie, as in to cover-up truth with criminal intentions or to be bought-off. Just to add that to the already complex mix. I'll be buggered if I rewrite the entire thing, hence this PS.

MY GOD YOU'RE RIGHT!!

It's not as if Japan is that geologically active a country or Earthquakes cause tsunamis, it must be the endtimes as predicted by a French rabble rouser and some bloke with drug induced dreams.

Yeah, rebellion against corrupt regime. Must be the endtimes.

The whole world was and is in a financial crisis right now.

I think you got me all wrong there. I never said world will end, I was talking about C-H-A-N-G-E!! And don't tell people did not die in japan or libya is that not CHANGE!!! even after WW1 or WW2, there was CHANGE! and that earthquake thing, when people actually face tsunami and earthquake after one another, they don't think "oh wait, which one happened first?" and that's exactly what I meant!

Here is another short non-sensical translation.

Dans le Danube et du Rhin viendra boire Le grand Chameau, ne s'en repentira Trembler du Rhone et plus fort ceux de Loire Et pres des Alpes Coq les ruinera.

By River Danube and Rhine shall come to drink The great Camel which shall not repent Trembling is River Rhone and most violent for those near River Loire And near Alps the c*** shall ruin them.

http://nostradamus2012.com/

What on earth could that mean? Who or what is the Great Camel?

http://nostradamus2012.com/mapofww3-scenarios.php

There are more prophecies that are claimed to relate to these the end times. Apparently Nostradamus speaks of 'Mabus' and this is a reference to ObaMA and BUSh. I know, if you try and put things together they will fit but I also expect that Nostradamus would have written deliberately in some form of cipher.

http://purpleslinky.com/offbeat/nostradamus-the-black-president-and-the-end-of-the-world-in-2012/

WW3 is a possibility with things the way they are. You could even argue that since the 2003 invasion being at a permanent state of war is close enough to a world war especially when the arms are that much more devastating. In a capitalist system aren't the a duty to use up resources (weapons) so that new ones can be developed.

The environment is obviously worsening despite numerous claims that climate change is a hoax. Heard yesterday that the holes in the ozone at the poles are worse than ever. None of this can be good. All sorts of nasties from space will be able to penetrate our atmosphere won't they plus the way this will heat up the atmosphere. However, it does seem like after a period of severe stress that the sun and earth will move back towards a point of equilibrium providing that we do not do any irrevocable damage that is.

I think it is from Cayce that we get the prophecy of a pole shift and a new era of enlightenment. Seems unlikely at this point.

Ok tip I can translate it for you, but consider that this is also old French and there are some words that will need an explanation as to their meaning.

The year one thousand nine hundred ninety nine seven months - you got that right. He's for all intends and purposes giving this number, in a weird way although.

This phrase warrants some explanation before the translation, so you understand why Nostradamus is so hard to translate, as even in French some things are twisted. "Ciel" can literally mean 'heaven' or 'sky' in Fench, but in the historical and regional context it was written in, it can also mean, it can also mean 'someone of elevated social status'.

The other difficult word is "deffraieur". "d’ effraieur" or "d’effrayeur" literally means ‘extreme fright,’ and is connotative to the expression of 'terror'. This is how most people translate it.

But we need to look to the meaning of this word without an apostrophe, as this is how it is written in the quatrain. It did exist in the French vocabulary prior to the sixteenth century. Deffraieur, without apostrophe, means 'One who pays off expenses' in modern (although outdated) French. it is however still often used in French court records. Of course, we are concerned with the Old French version. It doesn't change much. The definition fits the modern Enlgish term of defrayment/defrayer. The usage Nostradamus makes of it, is directly linked with the shorter noun version of Defray: To undertake the payment of (costs or expenses); pay.

So I can try to translate it, but I admit, it's difficult :

From the heavens comes a great king defrayer.

From the sky comes a great paying king.

From a higher elevated status comes a king who pays his expenses.

As you can tell, it has so many ways of being translated, it's ridiculous

Resusciter le grand Roy d’Angolmois.

"Resusciter" means to Resurrect, to resuscitate. This is a strait forward word that means what it says: To resurrect or by its proper connotative meaning to bring back.

"le grand Roy": The great/important King, again easy and quite straight forward.

"Angolmois" or "Angoulmois" was a city, depending which version of the old Nostradamus manuscripts you read, both ways are used. The king of Angoulmois was the king of France during Nostradamus life, called Francis or François I. He came from a small province called Angouleme and Angoulmois was the capital of this province. This name appears in books published in the 16th century in France.

Resurrect the great king of Angoulmois

resuscitate the great king of Angoulmois.

BTW : Angoulmois or Angolmois can by NO means be translated as mongol. that is just so incorrect it isn't even funny any more.

"Avant" simply means 'before', quite easy.

"Mars" means the month 'March', but lets not forget that in the times of Nostradamus, they only just accepted French as real language of the kingdom. Before, people of note and scholars, were learning Latin. So one can argue that he could mean the god of war, Mars, and by extension war.

"Regner" means "to reign"

"par bon heur" is an idiomatic expression in 16th century French, which means 'by good luck'. Literally translated it means 'by good hour'

So lets give this a spin then :

Before the reign of March by good luck

Before the reign of Mars / war by good hour.

You can of course permute the different meanings and make it fit what one wants it to say.

Tip, my friend, I hops this did not confuse you too much. Translations can be tricky at the best of time, but trying to translate someone like Nostradamus, is difficult at the best of times, because the man loved his puns, wordgames and idiomes. You could make it say whatever you want really.

PS : My dearest wife just informed me that to defray has also the meaning : to lie, as in to cover-up truth with criminal intentions or to be bought-off. Just to add that to the already complex mix. I'll be buggered if I rewrite the entire thing, hence this PS.

Searcher , your knowledge is impressive to say the least , and yes you confused the hell out of me !

I did not realise that it could be interpreted in so many different ways , and maybe he used so many puns to try to make it a little more " open ended ".

Thanks for taking the time to translate & explain it in such detail , much appreciated .

Tip.( pointe :) )

The King of the Monguls is from quartain 10-72. He gives up the time as 1999 and seven months. Many people believe this quatrain refers to 9/11. September really means 'seventh month'. Used to be that March was the first month. October was the eight month (think octopus has eight arms). So instead of July seven month might be September. If we take 1999 and replace 9 with 1 and 1 with nine we get 9111 or 9/11/1. The King of Terror would then refer to the terrorist attacks and not a specific person.

I realize there's a lot of jumping around, but most of Nostradamus' writings were scrambled and vague to the point no one really can figure out anything until after it happens.

The King of the Monguls is from quartain 10-72. He gives up the time as 1999 and seven months. Many people believe this quatrain refers to 9/11. September really means 'seventh month'. Used to be that March was the first month. October was the eight month (think octopus has eight arms). So instead of July seven month might be September. If we take 1999 and replace 9 with 1 and 1 with nine we get 9111 or 9/11/1. The King of Terror would then refer to the terrorist attacks and not a specific person.

I realize there's a lot of jumping around, but most of Nostradamus' writings were scrambled and vague to the point no one really can figure out anything until after it happens.

I refer you to this post. Even after it happens, most people can't figure it out, because even in the original language, it is waaaay to cryptic. Besides, replacing this and that by something else? Too much of a leap mate, not possible, Nostradamus loved wordgames and puns, he was however not into cyphers.

If you have to jump around too much to make it fit, then usually you're wrong.

Searcher , your knowledge is impressive to say the least , and yes you confused the hell out of me !

I did not realise that it could be interpreted in so many different ways , and maybe he used so many puns to try to make it a little more " open ended ".

Thanks for taking the time to translate & explain it in such detail , much appreciated .

Tip.( pointe :) )

I'll do you one better, I'll show you another one that can be translated in at least 4 different ways.

Quatrain 4,25 the original text by Nostradamus :

Corps sublimes sans fin l'oeil visibles,

Ob nubiler viendront par ces raisons:

Corps, front comprins, sens chefs & inuisibles,

Diminuant les sacrees oraisons.

Translation 1

Lofty bodies endlessly visible to the eye,

Through these reasons they will come to obscure:

Body, forehead included, sense and head invisible,

Diminishing the sacred prayers.

Translation 2

Eternal Sublime Substance once visible to naked eyes

Shall be made obscure due to rationalism

Walking dead, enclosed mind, blind judgement, invisible heads (chief)

Shall diminish the sacred prayer

Translation 3

The hidden bodies endlessly visible to the eye

The obsessed will find it comes by their own reasons

The body and the conscious mind

the main senses for which awareness ceases

As the sacred prayers diminish

Translation 4

Bodies, sublime and infinite, visible to the eye

Will become clouded over by their own reasons

Body, including the forhead, senses, head and invisibles

Will diminish the sacred prayers.

This is how you could translate them. This is an example I found some time ago, can't remember where though (my bad, I'm sorry), but it illustrates the point quite nicely. The text is already clouded in French. If you would translate it in German or Dutch or Spanish, you would get even more translations with a different meaning than the ones into English.

I'll do you one better, I'll show you another one that can be translated in at least 4 different ways.

Quatrain 4,25 the original text by Nostradamus :

Corps sublimes sans fin l'oeil visibles,

Ob nubiler viendront par ces raisons:

Corps, front comprins, sens chefs & inuisibles,

Diminuant les sacrees oraisons.

Translation 1

Lofty bodies endlessly visible to the eye,

Through these reasons they will come to obscure:

Body, forehead included, sense and head invisible,

Diminishing the sacred prayers.

Translation 2

Eternal Sublime Substance once visible to naked eyes

Shall be made obscure due to rationalism

Walking dead, enclosed mind, blind judgement, invisible heads (chief)

Shall diminish the sacred prayer

Translation 3

The hidden bodies endlessly visible to the eye

The obsessed will find it comes by their own reasons

The body and the conscious mind

the main senses for which awareness ceases

As the sacred prayers diminish

Translation 4

Bodies, sublime and infinite, visible to the eye

Will become clouded over by their own reasons

Body, including the forhead, senses, head and invisibles

Will diminish the sacred prayers.

This is how you could translate them. This is an example I found some time ago, can't remember where though (my bad, I'm sorry), but it illustrates the point quite nicely. The text is already clouded in French. If you would translate it in German or Dutch or Spanish, you would get even more translations with a different meaning than the ones into English.

More confusion :mellow:

Is there a certain style that he used that would make it more likely to be one translation rather than another ?

Tip.

More confusion :mellow:

Is there a certain style that he used that would make it more likely to be one translation rather than another ?

Tip.

Other than complicated and obscure? Not really, and therein lies the problem as far as I can see it. But there's even more about Nostradamus that people seem to not know. Over time there have been reprints of his works, but with subtle differences. And this goes back to day one.

Allow me to elaborate. In 1557 two editions of his works were published, at the same editor in the city of Lyon, called Antoine du Rosne. These two editions, contain quatrains at the end of Century VII, that you will not find in the editions of 1588-1589. Even more amazing, there is a difference between the two edited in 1557, the earlier version, containing still more material than the latter.

However, even these editions of 1577, are suspicious, as they are the first ones to contain the Centuries V, VI et VII. In 1572, Antoine Crespin publishes also a compilation of the Centuries and low and behold, he does not mention Centuries V, VI et VII at all. Not one verse. Even though Nostradamus only died in 1566, there is no original edition to be found around 1550 - 1560.

We can't even trust the published editions of his works when he was alive, as there are differences and discrepancies all over them. So why should I give any belief to a text of which the proper original is not even known and of which any subsequent copies contain so many differences. Depending on which copy is used, a different wording or verse is given and a different interpretation is made.

I hope people do understand why I have so many doubts about whatever people say Nostradamus predicted.

How would you translate this?

Aupres des portes & dedans deux cites,

Seront deux fleaux & onques n'apperceu

Faim, dedans pefte, de fers hors gens boutes,

Crier fecours au grand Dieu immortel.