1) We identify autistic spectrum, sensitive, and vulnerable kids early on and give them incredible support against bullying and self esteem issues.
2) we stop sensationalizing these incidents. No media coverage, no talk shows, movies, or books. The name of the perpetrator should never be mentioned, and his life should never be scrutinized.
3) We need to end the production of "games" that glorify violence. Grand theft auto...... Really?. The majority of these crimes are committed by young people between the ages of 16--26, most of them were heavy into video games. I'm not against gameing totally, but these games are incredibly rediculouse and fuel violant fantasies while isolating the child from interaction with others. Not to mention there are child psychologists and formulas designed to addict young people.
4) I deplore gun control. I feel everyone should have a right to own own them. But, I would not mind makeing gun ownership a long and tedious process. Im workIng on my concealed weapons permit, and after Friday my wife will be joining me. There is a lengthy course and several interviews. I will never vote for anything limiting citizens to own guns, but I would vote for an elevated level of awareness and training. It should be an honer and hard won prize to be an owner of dangerous weapons. Sure criminals will just get them illegally. I understand that. It would be up to the citizen to take the process seriously and do it if they take self defense with weapons seriously.
5) It should be a felony if Somone who has not gone through the above sugestion has access to your weapons and comits a crime.
just some suggestions. My number 2 suggestion is the most important one. The media should not be able to sensationalize this. I don't know how to do that without censorship which is a slippery slope, but the media could come together and all agree, law enforcement could take vows of silence and teach survivors why they must be quite..... I don't know. But make no mistake, these incidents have become a sick fad.
What do you think?
A personality disorder is caused by a person not being able to regulate their emotions.
If parents are abusive to their child, criticise it, put it down and belittle it then the kid will develop an inferiority complex. Feeling inferior is not a nice thing and the kid obsesses over it. Unable to move past it they go through life feeling inferior which causes strange behaviour in them -
1. Performance - They are often top performers in academic circles and in business. As they cant regulate away feeling inferior they attempt to be the best at everything instead to avoid the emotion. Hence this is what drives them to be top performers.
2. Avoidance - If they cant be the best they avoid anything that makes them feel inferior. An example is a kid who wont run a race unless it knows it will come first.
3. Destruction - Another technique for avoiding feeling inferior is to destroy those who make them feel inferior. They will target people who are more intelligent, better looking, more atheletic, more popular, richer and anyone else they cant out-do.
Shooting - A mental breakdown has occured where the person is forced to confront believing they are inferior. Unable to regualte it away and unable to deal with it using the above three they flip. Child abuse comes in many forms and its only in recent times that the issues of psychological abuse has been raised to the surface.
Its easy to spot but the teachers would need to be trained to do so.
Edited by Mr Right Wing, 19 December 2012 - 04:38 PM.